1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive understeer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Feb 25, 2017.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, I have just come back to automobiles after almost a year. Having a play around trying to set everything up and i have come across an issue that I do not know how to fix. Did testing in formula v10 and even though I have set the aero for oversteer, the steering rate quite high and wheel to 360 degrees I have a huge amount of push in high speed corners, the car literally wants to go straight on. Is there some setting I may have missed?
    Cheers

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't drive these often so someone may have something better to chip in but It may be the TC setting if you are expecting some slip to help rotate the car. Cars that have electronic aids such as TC, ABS now have settings for those in the setup screen (bottom left of the first page under 'Electronic Aids'). I personally find the default setting of medium a bit on the aggressive side might be worth having a tweak of that.

3. F1Aussie

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply, I do not think it is that it is almost like the steering input is not having any effect. Is there some type of setting that reduces steering sensitivity at high speed?

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

speed sensitivity is in the rates tab of the controller options iirc.

5. F1Aussie

Okay, shall try it, cheers.

6. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

can you give an example corner? taking 130R flatout should be simple for example, at least with default setup - low fuel + soft tires.

if youve set it up as you describe & we have the same general idea of what a high speed corner is, im pretty sure you should be spinning out, not plowing straight ahead.

what are your aero settings? why do you have the wheel at 360 (if this isn't the pre-set; i think it is)? why adjust the steering rate? im mostly curious if you accidentally got the aero balance backwards or slowed the steering by adjusting them.

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@F1Aussie
    This is a setting i use, i don't think it has to much understeer, The less understeer version has to much oversteer, perhaps you like it

Attached Files:

8. F1Aussie

I was testing at Barcelona and coming up to I think it is turn 8 the uphill left handed beforehand turn 9 blind right handed and the road gently goes to the left before the corner, I could not get to the corner as I couldn't go left, just went straight on in to the gravel. Aero is 30 front and 20 rear. I like 360 as it means 180 left and 180 right gives you full rotation. I increased the steering rate to 18 degrees from 14. I believe this should have increased the steering.

9. F1Aussie

Thamks
    Thanks will check it out when I get a minute

10. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

those are actually the default settings to a T. i think the default setup was changed some time ago... if youre not showing 30/20 wings & 360/18 deg steering as default trying verifying your game files with steam. there could be all kinds of other issues with the setup/car files, but at best youve ended up at default values & havent dialed out any understeer from the baseline setup.

11. F1Aussie

don't know what happened but everything seems to be okay now. The only thing I did was verify integrity and it found missing files.