1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This update is soooo bad.. I rather go back to Ireland.. JK! Lets see how it is tomorrow! Keep it up, boys.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Old Stocks. Adding 45 horsepower to an Opala shouldn't change it from a pleasant drive to an oscillating yaw nightmare.

Formula Trainer Advanced (and probably the Formula Trainer Anemic too, though I haven't tried it). Woo hoo! More oscillating yaw, plus notchy steering and weak brakes!

Everything else in the game seems fine to me. Even the Indy Cars at Fontana, which seem to be fine on my PC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I think I have Seen a bug on the replay tools introduced in version 1.4. ( Actually Seen on 1.4.1)

When you select pursuit as view camera and you then select an another player, the camera reverts to bumper camera every Time you change player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Did some laps at Nords with the F-Classic G3M1... it improved a lot.

We had a discussion a few weeks ago about making the G3M2 faster (that I posted some config tips), but I will have to spent a few more hours with these cars because of how much they changed for the best... and I couldn't guess that that thing could be improved. Better if God do some upgrades in RL physics, because it's getting behind AMS2.

Thank you, Reiza!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Only tried them on ovals yet since 1.4 and there, the M1 is much faster than M2 or 3.
    In former builds, the M2 was the fastest car when driven by AI by default (without Custom AI file).

6. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

So, Gamermuscle (that old charmer), has just described all AMS2 cars other than GT3, as driving like a shopping trolly. You heard right. Update 1.4.1= shopping trolly physics.

Is there anyone here thinking the same?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

No.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. Dusty926

Dusty926 Member

Not even slightly. Granted, if I'm getting cocky on tires colder than hell in its frosty ways, then I find myself pretty on edge. That's only with some cars though, and it feels totally natural. More natural given that the moment the tires get up to their optimum temperature, I feel like the car comes alive. THAT's what makes it pay off.
    That significant difference going from cold tires to warm tires is part of what makes the cars in this game feel so lively to me. That, and having basic setup guides on hand to get the defaults more in tuned with my driving style. Something I don't imagine he does too much.

9. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to defend him but if you are still hating on this game it is either because you have an agenda, just a hater or you simply don't understand how cars should handle. Is AMS2 perfect? No but no sim is perfect. Do a few cars still needs some tweaks and adjustments? Yes but AMS2 currently feels better than AMS1 and I didn't know if I was ever going to think that.

Just take the DTM Merc around Spa 22 and try not to grin from ear to ear.

I much prefer to watch Sim Racing Bible drive around on AMS2

I would also highly recommend using the Fuktor 5.0.1.4 "ATMOS 4.1 (4xFX.1WHEEL)" V. 1.4 FIX Mod. by Stakanov. Link below It was a real gamechanger for me.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/atta...tmos-5-0-1-4-mod-v1-4-fix-with-yaw-txt.22280/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

2ACD8421-3D2F-4E4D-9A2D-EA413424019B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Chillblast

Chillblast Member AMS2 Club Member

the fact people still watch gamermuscle is the biggest shock in that statement

• Agree x 16
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  12. Chillblast

Chillblast Member AMS2 Club Member

the dude is almost irrelevant at this point, countless other channels that do the same content he does and they do it infinitely better.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most cars I've tried feel better after the update. Vintage Tourers, Formula Vee, etc. The only car I've tried that feels like "a shopping trolley" is the Lotus 79, which has known issues that they're working on. Some other cars feel significantly better to me, like the Lotus 72e, 95' Reynard Ford, DPi, GT3's, etc. I hated the GT3's before the updated, but the tires actually can survive more than 5 laps now and the 95' Reynard feels much tamer in road spec than it did at launch.

15. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Well, now I tested properly some time.

I have to say that every car I tested is amazing physics-wise.

Oval racing is generally unpolished yet (as expected), but promising*. Knowing :hurrayreiza: I know from now it will just improve and improve. Many of us were many years waiting for a modern sim with proper oval rules (iRacing AI is quite there, but really expensive, and still software as a service and not software as a product).

I'm not exaggerating, this release is not less than a milestone in the history of racing simulation. Nice time to be alive.

* About oval issues: Well, most of them are known, like the bugs in the positions when pacing. AI has obvious room to improve: bizarre AI lines in Gateway hitting the wall, the general lack of space that AI cars maintain when pacing, and the tendency to run in packs. As someone said before here (and now I realized by playing some time) the packing thing is probably more fundamental: AI tends to go three or four wide when they have room, also in road courses. While it is fun to race against them, that unnatural behavior brakes a lot of the immersion.

I'll go to do some laps with the Caterham before going to bed.:D

PS: Have you tried Formula Retro Gen2 in ovals? 80s indycars were really simillar to F1s, so it is a natural idea. Spoiler: they are a blast!. Setup the cambers, and the ride heights to have a smaller crossweight (lowered RF and LR, raised RR).

• Like Like x 1
  16. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

There's around 114 different cars in AMS2.
    I doubt Gamermuscle has driven 1/5 of them ever, let alone since 1.14 dropped. So yes, very silly to make a sweeping statement like that.

This sort of comment is a bit of a side effect to the 'agile' way Reiza drop content though.

Because, to keep themselves relevant YouTubers will always need to publish videos soon as an update is out, and probably before Reiza inevitably tidy things up with hotfixes.

So, a YouTuber who experiences the some early update jankiness, is going to publish their 'forever opinions' to their fanbase - and almost certainly never circle back to it.

Personally I love how Reiza do it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

But, it might have some negative implications for it's image to the masses.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this is the right answer. The only thing he understands is that he likes the super duper hyper pitch sensitivity that AC has. He doesn't even know what causes pitch sensitivity in a car therefore when it is appropriate to happen, but he likes that cranked up to 11 in everything that has four wheels.
    I wouldn't take him too seriously (but he already says this about himself).

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I just got off a blast at Daytona oval with the following settings:
    skills 85, aggressive normal, date 10/1/2021, weather sunny light rain rain sunny, 10 mins race, Formula V10 gen 2.

For whatever reason with two or three minutes to go, this car on my left keep up the pace with me and I cannot shake lose no matter what I try...I am talking 2 or 3 minutes straight to the end, he was side by side by my car all the way to the end and manage to beat me by inches for the 4th spot. I don't know if this is design on purpose to make the game competitive but whatever it is...it is still cool to see.

Daytona seems like a working functional track for all the formula cars except Formula USA, it slides all over the place once it starts to rain. I think all Formula USA need wet compound. By the way, for those that find that AI driving too fast leaving you in the dust at the Autoclub Speedway oval, you can reduce the radiator opening by percentages. I reduced the Formula V10 gen 2 from 80% to 50% and it feels competitive again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

I believe he was unfortunate to base his experience practically all on the Caterhams, a car more slippery than a fish in soap, so here the nuances between realism, fun and personal preferences are blurred, but i have to agree with him, the game, when compared to others, it gives the impression of a light front and slippery tires, more than usual, but I think it's a characteristic that we'll have to learn to live with, each simulator has its own, anyway, for me, bacause i play in control, the others simulators are impractical when played competitively, IRacing with its infinite and unrecoverable slides, ACC and Rfactor2 with equally sudden and killer oversteer and understeer effects.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

These cars are not intended to oval experience.

Few weeks ago I sat the fastest lap on Spa's LB with the M2. I put more than an hour making it's setup and once it was done, I was pretty faster than the second place (it was a big LB, with people doing close times), that was using a M1 and was around 3s faster than the second M2... and there were a M3 all alone on the TOP5 that this driver would be a magician. I tried to improve the M1 setup and put the same hour around it, but couldn't get even close to my time with the M2 or to the faster M1.

Anyway, all of that started because a colleague of ours here in the forum said that the M2 was undrivable. It wasn't, but could be really largely improved by some tweaks. By now, both G3 cars (didn't try the M3) are a blast with the default setup. I jumped with the G3M1 in Nords and didn't even need to do the "generic settings" (things that I used to do automatically, without even try a car because that always worked) like set the brakes backward two clicks, weaken it to 80% and raise the steering angle by 4 depending on the track (tracks with tight corners, as Monaco and Nords, I always did it). But now, the default setup just worked perfectly. AMS2, now, is that good enough... just can imagine how fast I could go after spending some time under the bonnet.

To me he was always a buffoon and I don't take this kind of people seriously. He play simulators the same way I used to play Built to Win when I was nine y.o... but he is an adult playing simulators with a rig that is more expensive than a RL car and earning money to do that. And he is not even fun as a comedian... would like him if he was funny.

Mr. Rose is a true gentleman... plays any sim or racing game without playing favorite and can be pretty fast depending on the chosen car/track combo. It's a crime that GM is more popular than him.

I just remember his existence when a new big AMS2 patch is released and people here in this forum quote some sht he said about the game. I was shocked when he praised the 1.3 patch lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1