1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Can’t agree more Matt, I find myself drawn to these more than any other since the update, especially on the UK circuits. Oulton Park though really is special with these cars, especially in VR.

I hope someone will run a Mini’s league on UK circuits for me to join, so I can race with the back markers!!

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

FWD cars in general have made a big step forward with the update; they now certainly don't have to hide behind other sims.

In another note, I wouldn't have thought that online could be as well-behaved and exciting as it has been several times after the update; just a recent example in an open lobby:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a bug with the Mini JCW not playing the audio for player engine but fine for opponent and all other audio? This is the only car I hear no engine but do hear turbo and shift audio.

4. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had that happen once. Fixed on restart of the session.

5. Theodore Schultz

Give the Passat FL a run! Love it at all the UK circuts as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So far I have only run the new Mercedes GT4 and while it is a good fun car to drive there are a couple of things that bug me with it. The first is with the default setup there is this quirk on turn in where as you are through the corner and getting ready to straighten up there is this little oversteer moment and it happens on many corners.

The other thing is an ongoing issue for me and that is that if you don't brake in a straight line the car can spin 90 or 180 degrees. This is something that seems to be an ongoing problem for me. Does anyone still find the braking a little odd in AMS2 still?

The other thing, unrelated, I have been doing a custom championship and I wanted to create a second one to run at the same time. I clicked on the new button and it takes me to my existing championship and does not give me the option to create a new one, just to edit the existing one. I have not had this happen before, is this a new bug?

7. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. That didn’t work for me. Neither has restarting PC or integrity check.

8. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

This has been a issue for me since the beggining. I realize that the brake bias is the main issue. Since is a bit too much on the rear, usually you endeup locking the rear, and cause the spining. My workaround is put one or two clicks to the front, and this solve this behavior for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Does it happen offline, online or both?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no bug. When you run the championship editor again it will have your last created championship settings. Change them, rename and press "start" and when you leave this one you should see 2 saved championships in championship selection screen.

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been whipping it around Nurburgring quite a bit. No issues with braking. What ABS, BB and brake power are you using?

12. F1Aussie

I usually run pretty conservative bb so don't push it much rearwards and I never have locking issues just this weird sudden and uncontrollable spin, it is my biggest bugbear with AMS2. Never had this problem in other sims.

13. F1Aussie

Okay, thanks, good to know, this must be a new way to do it?

14. F1Aussie

Stock braking force, stock abs which is 8, I have changed the bias to 60/40 but had the same issue with it at 65/35.

15. Mr Tom

Mr Tom New Member

Hi all - first off, my thanks and congratulations to Reiza on this latest update. It’s been fantastic and great to see the sim coming along nicely.

I recommend trying the Copa Montana or 1999 stock car at Daytona. Not the fastest but I had some pretty close and competitive pack racing with those that was very fun. Does make we wish we could have a generic Nascar… maybe an early 90s one to relive some Days of Thunder? :whistle:

Whilst I’m here, a Question: not sure if I missed something but i tried to run a mixed grid of GT3 and the new GT Open class. I used the tool to customise grid size per each class (4 from GTO and 15 from GT3). For some reason it only gave me Ultima’s in the GTO class and no Ginetta’s. Is there a way to get both or does the custom grid work from top-down (ie 4 places populated by first 4 cars in GTO list)?

thanks! Have a great weekend all

16. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Steering lock 24.0, Caster 9.0, Camber -2.8 front, -1.8 rear, Toe -0.1 front, 0.0 rear, all assuming that you have all driving assists set to authentic and/or off in the game menu. They alter things, and I never use them for that reason.

Try that and see if it fixes the issue. If it does, play with the set up until you've dialed things in just the way you want it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I don't have my wheel base near a desk, and I have a foldable setup, so fixed desk with a mouse isn't an option for me. Again, it's so annoying to have to find so many workaround for something that should be a given convenience in a modern simracing title. Menus should be navigatable fully with a wheel.

18. Theodore Schultz

Don't want to keep going on about FFB settings but my guess is your are running Default + with FX relativly high. Either switch to Default or dial the FX back and turn up the damping adn see how it feels with the oversteer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

It's random so odds are running the same settings a second time would have had Ginettas in the field, at least from my experience.

20. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Tried to duplicate the Mini sound issue, couldn't duplicate. I'm running an Oculus Rift S with the headset sound off, and a good pair of headphones worn over the Rift S, if that bears on the matter.

But I will say, that Mini sure is fun! :)