1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  2. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I also reinstalled as I was getting really funky behavior and bad ai. I was running a race with yesterday's date and weather at 10am on the Catterham supersport at Watkins Glen, and for some reason the AI was destroying me and I wasn't able to accelerate past 3rd gear. The weather was also jumping from sunny to cloudy for some reason with the same settings. I reinstalled/deleted the folder and everything started to work again, and the AI was reasonable (at the same settings) again. Maybe the folder deletion would have been enough, but something definitely changed.

Unrelated but I later tried a race with the Formula Vintage gen1 also at Watkin Glen and it was amazing. That car was undriveable the last time I had tested it. Great fun and amazing race against the AI, until I missed my breaking point and slammed into a wall 9 laps a 10 lap race trying to outbreak the leader which I had been battling for 3 laps straight. Had a blast regardless!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was racing at 63 iirc... I will try and record my settings and a few laps

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The setup adjustments i'd recommend based on what I can tell from what you wrote.
    Reduce rear rebound, increase front bump, increase preload. try these little by little to see if it improves.

btw, the proper way to tune BB is to move it rearward until the car starts to snap, then move it one click back forward. You can do this track to track if you wish. If you do not want to fuss with it at every track, you'd want to make it more conservative for the tracks with unique characteristics, like braking zones over hills and off-camber situations. This maximizes braking on all the tires which will improve braking performance.

I rarely use BB as a method to add cornering. Its clumsy and comes at the sacrifice of pure braking performance. Also, when racing there are other cars on the road and with that comes "oh sh*t" moments. well balanced BB could make the difference between keeping your own car under control and spinning out.

edit: minor BB changes in cockpit when the tires or track conditions are changing is perfectly acceptable. It depends on how you personally like to trail brake as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Offline. I don't race AMS2 online. I've tried it both on headphones and on soundbar with same result. No other car is doing this.

6. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use VR equipment to drive VW virtus on the go kart track, which is very interesting. I just finished my driving test. Unfortunately, I can't see my carbody in the rearview mirror. Otherwise, it's really perfect.:p Screenshot_20220903-005403.png

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Agreed that the AIs need major upgrade and I am sure the team is prioritizing it. If you watch real racing and see how human behave, that's what AIs should do as well. Make everything competitive, from pit stop strategies to cutting lane at the right time. Looking forward to the day when every game I race is a competitive one and I don't mean AIs cheating either. It's got to be logic and fair.

As for sound, I like the way it is for now. When you drive a formula car up near the wall, it gets louder. I would like to have a similar effect when an AI car is next to me?

8. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's sorted now. All I did was adjust all audio settings up one tick in AMS2 to save settings and went into Windows Sound Settings and deselected and reselected everything to again get a fresh save and it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm hoping that when Reiza starts planning for Automobilista 3, they'll license the Avalanche Apex engine.

It already has vehicle support, they could add VR, the scenery would be beautiful, and when we're not racing, we could go hunting and fishing. :p

10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Same as always but now the template is persistent accross game runs instead of reverting back to the default f3 starter like before

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a step, but so far, not enough, at least the Formula Classic Gen 1 Model 2 is still too fast on a straight line. Details on my dedicated thread for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Paul (the Tarmac Terrorist), just finished a superbly detailed breakdown of the latest patch (3 hours!), with lots of detailed testing. If any of you aren't following him on YouTube yet, then check him out. He does such amazing work, and he's hands down the nicest sim-racing YouTuber on the circuit (click on the 'watch on YouTube' link):

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Justdave

Justdave Member

Ok, after a full re-install (that I will NOT be doing again btw..) everything runs great EXCEPT the Formula Trainer, the basic one, I did not try FT Advanced. It is amost like the front brakes are dragging and the rear tires are just lighting up. I am not the fastest driver by any stretch of the imagination, and the rear tires are over-heated within 3 laps. Other than that, all the cars I tried are simply fantastic. I haven't been near my PC since yesterday so I don't know if a hot-fix has been done..but the Trainer really needs one. This game is outstanding otherwise..Thank you Reiza!!

Edit: Run the F-Trainer at WWT Short Road Corse..the rear tires just light up on the banking section, start/finish line area..

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I fully agree that the labels for the sliders are unintuitive and not particularly helpful. I have already suggested some alternatives.

I am sure that "tool tips" are planned for this page and most other parts of the UI, too. But as always with a small team, the core focus is first to get things working satisfactorily and then second to add the documentation and frills.

If anyone thought AMS 2 was just going to be a re-skinned PC 2, by now they should realize how far off that was. Thank goodness.... :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What FFB settings do CSL DD users use? I use fanatec’s recommended, but is there anything better?

16. Marc Collins

This is a good point. If most cars feel good and behave well, but there is one or three that do not, be assured the problem is with those individual vehicles.

Since the cars in AMS 2 use FFB that derives directly from the physics, it can be a tough task to make physics changes designed to make the cars more realistic and then have to go back and adjust the car-specific FFB to accommodate, then make more physics adjustments, etc. Sometimes the cycle can be a step behind.

Some times there are just issues with the vehicles (as I think is the case with the Old Stock and Trainers) that are yet-to-be-resolved. They clearly are not responding to the (same/similar) tires the way other vehicles are, so...more home work required.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just had a session with friends online on Project Cars 2 Red Bullring (Spielberg) on the club circuit ( the top half of the track). It was pretty good With 3 sharp braking points. Any chance we can get this configuration in AMS2? It shouldn#t be too difficult of a task. Just I think no pitting is possible. But otherwise its a pretty handy track. And the added section where you join two parts of the track is quite challenging down hill turning and a bit blind.

[​IMG]

I know this track is a bit of a fantasy as it was active only 1996-2004, but its still cool and represented in Project Cars 2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Is that all? No idea why it's taking so long...

Elon Musk might be able to help, though, but I suspect Reiza can't afford his services.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Learning Neural AI would take equally as long probably. :whistle:

Generally folks:
    We'll continue improving AI behaviour, pitting, handling damage, decision making and smoothness. That's no trivial job though and sometimes steps are easier and sometimes incredibily hard to achieve.

• Like x 16
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  20. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

My settings are on post #895 of this thread.
    For csl dd compared to my dd2 settings;
    Increase AMS2 gain in increments of 5 until you have the wheel strength that you want.
    Then look at increasing damping a smidge.
    Keep LFB on zero.
    For FX some csl users have reported on here to use either 0 or 1.
    You may need to increase Fanatec ffb strength too, again try increments of five.
    See how you get on and if you enjoy it, please post your settings so others can learn too.

• Useful Useful x 2