1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Agree. The Passat FL at Oulton Park Foster's is riotously good fun! Set all assists to Authentic or OFF, give it two laps to put some heat in the tires, then drive it like somebody else is paying for your fuel and parts.

If you get in trouble (and you will, if you're doing it right), just steer/counter as necessary and hammer the throttle. The front wheels will pull you right out of your predicament.

The Copa Classic Mini (117 horsepower model) is also great fun at Oulton Park Foster's.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The absolute major issue with AMS2 AI is how their cars behave due to the big difference between their physics and the player's. That is the crucial point.

I don't know how other sims do it, possibly also have different physics for the AI and the player, but I can assure you that visually, from the POV of the player playing the game, AMS1, AC and rF2 AI car behaviour feel much more natural/organic than AMS2 AI. If not, at least they look like they are running on the same track as the player.

Notice I'm not talking about how the AI behaves, but how their car is racing on the track. We all know the AI is more respectful to the player in AMS2 than the rest, we know the AMS1 and AC AI are very prone to completely ignore the player, etc. However that is not what I'm talking about.

I think Renato has a massive challenge with the tools he has rightnow, and seeing how things have to be finetuned car by car, tyre by tyre, track by track, curve by curve, weather by weather, this might take a while.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To me it’s especially noticeable in cars with limited lateral grip. e.g FTrainer where you’re now (even after some updates) forced to drift the car to be remotely competitive against even low strength AI who are on rails.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Reiza obtains funding for Automobilista 2 Learning Neural AI. The system goes on-line August 4th, 2023. Human decisions are removed from car set ups and pit stop strategies. Automobilista 2 begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Automobilista 2 fights back... :p

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

ss210607.jpg ss211700.jpg ss213409.jpg ss212647.jpg ss212825.jpg I know there's a screenshot thread but...to celebrate the insanity of oval racing, I present: Days of Thunder (Storm).

I'm running with actual weather for locations turned on at the moment, and this watery nightmare gradually unfolded over the course of the race. Truly amazing stuff, Reiza!

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS2 V1.4.1.3 is live now - another complementary update to the latest release to correct some issues & add further improvements.

V1.4.1.3 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Downforce oval/downforce variants will now load the main custom AI driver xml file (prevents need to duplicate main xml per variant)
    PHYSICS
    • Tire tread adjustments to Caterhams, F-Trainer, Superkart, GT Classics & Opala Old Stock
    • Further revisions to all wet weather tires & added option for cars that were missing it
    • Minor corrections to front & rear wing center of pressure in all formula cars
    • F-USA Gen1-3: Reduced draft & lift increment with radiator & brake setting for oval variants
    • Superkart: Further:wheel base / track width adjustments; Adjusted FFB for higher level of filtering
    • F-USA Gen1-3: Reduced draft & lift increment from radiator & brake setting for oval varriant; Adjusted short oval tire wear rate
    • Corvette C3.R: Adjusted front brake torque

AI
    • Fixed bug where the wrong AI could lead the full course yellow group if the leader has pitted during the full course yellow
    • Added new function to minimise chances of AI hitting outside walls in ovals
    • Further reduced AI rate of urgent lateral movement
    • AI calibration pass for Vintage TC1 & 2, F-Retro Gen2&3 Caterhams & F-Ultimate Gen2
    • Further corrections to AI behavior and performance in karting classes
    • Further adjustments to AI performance degradation with tire wear
    • Calibration pass for AI wet weather performance for all classes
    • Fixed Lancer Cup AI drivers missing driver names

AUDIO
    • Wall reflections: Reduced when close to wall, slightly less steep dropoff when moving away from walls. Fixed low volume and omnidirectional wall reflections after going back to main menu and loading next track/car combo
    • Changed priority one notch lower to mitigate loss of sound(s) for player / viewed car in cockpit for all cars

TRACKS
    • Spa 2022: Adjustments & fixes to wet weather properties
    • Track Cameras: Added VIR VR cams for all layouts.

VEHICLES
    • Ginetta G40 Cup/GT5: Added damaged and dangling parts; Revised collisions
    • F-Ultimate 2022: Fixed suspension animations in low downforce spec; Fixed livery overrides to include spec and fresnel maps
    • BMW M1: Corrected oil and water gauges

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 22
    • Like Like x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Man, these guys just don't stop!

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Oops sorry guys jumped the gun there a bit, the post was meant for the AMS2 Beta topic - it should however roll to release also in the next 15min :)

EDIT - live now.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 25
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great pictures! Which cars/series do you race here? Although we have no NASCAR cars the pics look almost like that. How does it work? Is NASCAR style racing possible? I thought that I read somewhere from devs that proper oval racing is only possible for very few classes (Indycars…) at the moment. Or did I misunderstand something?

• Like Like x 1
  10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I just did a race with the F.Usa gen 3 in Fontana.
    Incredible sensations.
    It's not the latest version of AMS2 yet, but now you really get the thrills running wheel to wheel in that superspeedway.
    Great work Reiza: with the physics of the cars, with the rules of the track, with the AI.
    I see a lot of videos these days of people very interested in AMS2 and I'm happy for you.
    You deserve it.
    Go on like this.
    And thanks
    :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Thanks! They're rubbish really, but I thought they got across the speed and mental conditions.

I'm using Race Department skins! Let us know if you don't know how to install them. It's easy:
    SuperV8 - NASCAR Liveries
    and
    Stock Car Brasil 1999 - Nascar Liveries

The cars in the screenshots are Stock Car Brazil 1999.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yes right,that is offical for now,but more to come.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Confirmed leaker @CrimsonEminence

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Good idea--Thanks!

16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Listen, and understand. That AI is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We know. We're tried racing vs. the FUltimate Gen 2.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was going to have a play with the ffb today so will try that.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

There is no grip state.
    It seems that these tires have lost their deformation.