1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre model in Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Darrin, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Darrin

Darrin New Member

Is anyone else getting this?

Lap one of Nords and the car is fine.
    Lap two and suddenly the grip goes to hell. It's not a gradual degradation, it's sudden and vicious. Try to accelerate out of a turn and the car spins out. I'm finding it quite difficult to compensate (Mind you, I'm not the best driver in the world)

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It would help if we knew the track conditions, type of tyre and most important: type of car.

3. Darrin

Darrin New Member

Sorry
    Livetrack set to default progressing
    Track temp 21 degcl
    Weather partly cloudy 19degc
    Car - seems to be any, but I'm mainly driving the Porche 911 GT3 R
    Tyre - Soft Slick

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Might very well be tire degradation. The Nordschleife is taxing on the tires and the softs may just rub away quickly if you don't look out for them. As a test, try the medium or hard slicks if available and check if the issue is the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What tends to happen is that the slicks will have a qualifying level of grip, but then they quickly degrade to a ‘race level’ amount of grip which has a more gradual wear rate. This takes a couple of laps to occur at normal tracks, so im not surprised it happens in one at nords

6. Darrin

Darrin New Member

Thanks for the replies.
    @ Gevatter : Unfortunately GT3 has only two types of tyres. Dry and Wet.
    @rmagid1010 : I suppose that what bothers me is that it's like a switch at nords. One minute they're fine (Into the final chicane at end of the Dottinger hohe), then by turn 3 of the GP track on lap two there is nothing. I would expect to feel some wear by the end of lap one if it was a graduated thing.

7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I see, tells you how little time I spend in the GT3s :)

I ran a few laps around the Nordschleife in the Porsche GT3-R. Default date/time/weather, stock setup with 4 diff clutches instead of 6 and 62l of fuel. I did not feel the tire letting go after the first lap, I did 4 laps without the car feeling too differently - subjectively. But, there seem to be some grip differences between the GP track and the Nordschleife, with the GP track seemingly having less grip overall.