1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Can the mirror adjustment "back" button be moved onto the center screen for triple users? All other "back" buttons are on the center screen except the mirror one.
    Mirror page
    20220903175238_1.jpg
    other page
    20220903175251_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

On my g27 the menus work mostly but on occasion some things can't be selected as it they are in another pane so then I have to use the mouse to select certain things. The main one I can think of is when joining a lobby sat in the pits I have to dpad up to select drive. If drive isn't lit up (why does it do this?) And I press up I end up in the chat box. Without a mouse I can't get from chat back to the main selections. It happens on more occasions than this instance I just can't remember which.

At least I know if ever I end with g29 the menus work correctly though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Do you know if the AI level has been adjusted for USA formulas on Fontana with the new update? I agree that the level of AI is too high in Fontana.

4. locosuizo

locosuizo New Member

I have noticed that if I have lost a wheel in qualifying that this is also missing in the race. -> USA Gen 2

when i watch a replay the damage is shown throughout the replay even though it happened at the end of the replay

• Like Like x 1
  5. andylugs

andylugs New Member

There is a relatively simple workaround for this, it’s not perfect and does require 10 mins to setup. I have created multiple livery override folders for each car, AMG_1, AMG_2…. each of which contain either a unique set of liveries or a mixed set that appear in other folders. Before launching AMS2 I run a script that replaces the content of the override folder with one of these other folders. When I launch AMS2 and jump into a race the liveries for that class will have changed from the previous time. With GT3 as a class you would still be limited to the 4 x 6 liveries per race but the selection within those 4 x 6 can be varied per launch. As I said, it’s a workaround but it might remove a source of frustration for those that like a wider set of liveries in game or for their favourite classes.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried these settings, the steering is very light, is that how it is meant to be?

7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I quickly tested the USA gen 3 formula with the default configuration on Fontana following the new patch. I'm sorry to say but I don't like the behavior of the car at all: the car slides from the back, I don't feel the weight of the car, the AI is still too fast even at level 70.
    It is both sensitive in steering corrections but has trouble turning in turns.
    We are far from the first version of last Saturday which I liked. I feel like it's getting worse and worse or at least I don't see any improvement.
    I'll try again later but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed.

Edit : fixed. AI level to investigate

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Renato. At any given time there's always a few cars with issues that rub people the wrong way. Usually it's ones that I don't drive so it doesn't concern me too much :) Unfortunately at this time it's one of the cars I love. C'est la vie. On the other hand, the majority of cars that I do love are absolutely sublime as of 1.4, so I'll just go and play them and keep a hopeful eye out for improvements down the line.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. F1Aussie

So for the guys helping me I have started to play with the ffb to start with and I turned it to 0 in fanalab and ingame have gain at 50, lfb and FX at 0 and damping at 40 and it feels okay to me. What do people run the spring strength at? I have never really understood its purpose.

10. DarrenM

DarrenM New Member

V1.4.1.3 broke my audio. The engine sounds constantly cut in and out (P4 MRX@Kansai). Anyone know a workaround?

11. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

I did only this and I feel like I notice a difference

12. F1Aussie

Yeah my only real gripe is the braking, I am happy with the rest of the physics but I do find it hard to get any confidence with the brakes unless I brake in a straight line only.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes For Trainer & Oldstock definitely have issues, but I've gotta say I've been loving the improvements to the Hotcars, best they've ever felt! Only tried Fusca 1 so far but definitely the best they've ever been! Love the fact that all the lower powered, basic classes (low tech no aids) are getting updated! Look forward to seeing what you do with F-trainers & old stock!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

So having read through the whole of this thread and specifically around the tweaking FFB to my liking I am curious what base settings in Fanalab people think I should start at? I have a CSW 2.5 and pedals so while not as strong for FFB as people with DD wheels it's still pretty strong.

Any suggestions?

15. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Another one blown away by 1.4!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The old stock and the trainers are getting much closer after the latest hot fix. Grip levels are much improved. The old stock is a handful as it should be (every care shouldn’t handle like a GT3 with TC) but going down a straight and accelerating, it still wants to “sway” and get out of shape. I really think the same “bug” is hindering the trainers and the old stock. Both have a similar feeling but much more exaggerated with the old stock.

But damn the the Formula Retro Gen 1!! My god those things are amazing.

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks!:)

18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Similarly, the BMW 2002 turbo finally feels sorted with V1.4; I had a great race driving against the C3 Corvettes at Historic Kyalami last night … until we reached the long front straight, at least.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

just had another 24 mb update, any info on the changes?

20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Spring strength only affects wheel self centering in menus - doesn't affect FFB.
    You've settled on settings very similar to my own, only difference is I add in about 25 FX. I've been tinkering a bit to fine tune but my current settings are 55, 0, 25, 40. I've been using settings in this ball park for a while, small changes of 5 to 10 either way but this seems to feel about right on my Fanatec DD. There are still cars that are outliers though that feel like they benefit from different levels of damping. Being able to change individual car gain can be helpful but obviously only affects overall strength.