1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Really like the changes in v1.4, the cars feel alot more natural, along with the grip curve.

Had a play with my FFB settings though as my previous felt very strange and artificial/springy.
    And a lack of feel from previous version.
    Now using Gain 45, and Fx 5, everything else 0.
    Feels spot on default +.

Still getting slight flickering shadows under the cars on replays and sometimes a weird kind of halo/light effect, probably contrast looks off.
    If anyone knows a quick fix.
    Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Just finished up about 2 hrs of testing at Fontana with the Gen2 CART cars. First impressions were , this thing as really right, not push tight but very snug. Loose is fast most the time. I finally figured out what the car likes there. Racing the Ai is the same, check up before t2 exit, too aggressive like it’s nascar, bumping wheels. Just jumped in the MP, nothing running So I guess the fix is good, it’s good for guys that don’t want to mess with the setup and don’t want it spinning out and good for guys who want to tweak and make it faster. Time to try the 95

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried them today, 7 laps of Interlagos 1970's historic track (nearly 5miles a lap), no problems here, kept rears in the 80's pretty much all the time.
    There is something thats not to do with any game physics with these cars when it comes to tires heating up and thats the way you drive them, slide em all over the place and you will end up with cooked tires, treat em like they wanna be treated and they're just fine. These are 70's ground effects cars, lift off violently in these cars at speed round a long corner and the back end will likely step out as the sudden loss of speed causes sudden loss of aero grip, more so than with most cars, they like smooth trottle, barking is a bit different. Also be careful over big bumps and elevation changes (like the first corner here) keep to the smoothest flatest line or you break the aero seel and things get sideways quickly!

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Today they're fixed. They had an issue with accumulating too much heat energy. This has been corrected in an hotfix last (GMT) night.

5. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"On the tire front, limited tire sets are currently being worked on and also planned to arrive with v1.4 – with the option to restrict the number of tire sets you can use over a race weekend to a predefined amount, drivers will be forced to manage their tires without the assurance of unlimited fresh tire sets every time they escape back to the pits."

Did this not make it in to v1.4? cant find it in game. thanks

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes yesterday it was definitely harder to keep them in check, not impossible, but definitely had to drive mighty conservative! Great job mate, these cars are so good now!

7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I got one late yesterday. This one seems to have showed up today.

8. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes it dropped early hours this morning

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Cheers mate!

10. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

Yep I agree and from testing it I think it does remove a lot of the in game damper, which is not what you want. I agree to just match DPR to whatever SPR and FOR is, and then also adjust the strength in game.

But AMS2 in game damper has other stuff in it so there is still a difference if in game damper is at say 50 while fanalab DPR is at 0. But that wouldnt make sense as it would make things imbalanced. So yeah keep DPR at normal values while turning off Natural Damper setting in Fanalab.

And for the above previous Q about FX, i think there is a misunderstanding about what some have said it being off. Nothing wrong with, and personally helps me enjoy FFB more for most cars. I have it currently set to 5.
    Except for cars with big torque and turbo lag that comes on suddenly a bit after you start accelerating.
    Then it can cause the jerking of the wheel and I made FX less and sometimes 0, depending on the car.

I feel FX helps to feel brake locking up too, some of the tires sensation and provide road details for immersion.

Also the INT (smoothing) on 1, would just depend on preference too, as otherwise if it's 0, all the cars will have the constant vibration in the wheel, which could seem a bit prominent. Not sure how much it will affect other sensations though, probably minimal.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, it didn't make it yet (polished enough for live release). The feature isn't forgotten though!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My understanding is that the fx builds in some effects for lower powered wheels, not sure ifvthat is right or wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

FX amplifies effects that are more unusual to come through the steering rack directly, like engine, more road detail, flatspots etc. for immersion purposes mainly.

They're still communicated by the physics engine directly (so don't confuse with canned effects).

• Informative Informative x 7
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Is there any chance Reiza will include the option to disable all the built-in controller filters & dampers that cause input lag in the next update?
    Controller support is one area where AMS1 is still light-years ahead of AMS2 imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

I'm absolutely not sure how that looks in any way slidey:

(720p should be avaiable as soon as YT has completed processing)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Interesting regarding your thoughts on the fx settings , I was led to believe that the fx would not influence the torque through the wheel under any circumstances. Could anyone from Reiza clarify this I wonder ?

17. CrimsonEminence

You are posting about the controller issues even in unrelated discussions very frequently.

At this point in time we're more than aware that you want improvements in the controller area but it will not bring you anything any faster that way.

We've read your complaint, please move on for the time being, we really don't need a post about it in each possible occasion.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Maybe if there was clear info on why there are forced on controller filters in AMS2, why there's no option to turn them off, why Reiza's promise from 2 years ago hasn't been fulfilled, why most posts about controller get ignored, maybe there would be no reason to keep asking about it.
    Anyways, I sense a ban coming my way so I guess I'll stop talking about it and go play other games that are more enjoyable with controller.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

THanks for replying with a video. Yours looks correct. Mine does not. Please check my short video:

Do I have anything wrong setted up?

20. CrimsonEminence

First troubleshoot is to reset your setup (maybe even remove the contents of your vehiclesetups folder manually under C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\[gameID]\automobilista 2\vehiclesetups)

Second troubleshoot is to check if it also happens with warm tires.

Your car looks like having forward aero distribution by the first look.

Please also check livetrack preset if you may.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1