1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

OK, thx for the info, I didn't test it again after 1.4.1.3 because there was nothing in the changelog indicating an adjustment.

Did now, all works great and these are some more cars that are absolutely great. Especially these F-Retros strike the perfect balance between fast, challenging and raceable, I love all Gens' current behaviour - exhiliarating experience.

These classes always had so much potential and are finally realising that now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks a lot for your help. Yes it does it aswell with warm tires. If i turn like in your video I do a 360 heheh.
    I will do a fresh installation (as i have it installed since early access release back in the days) and delete the ams2 folder in documents (not done since a looooot of time aswell).

Thanks a lot CrimsonEminence :)

3. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

your video is made with the default configuration? I do not reach such speed. Thanks

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just do the steps for the vehiclesetups folder first really.
    Yes, completely default.
    Please follow the steps i wrote to troubleshoot.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Enjoying testing cars so much (and there's so much to test) I'm gunna run a livestream and server again, come join in15 mins quali, 20mins races!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

For reference, with the Formula USA Gen 3 at Fontana, with a couple of tweaks to the set up, I'm entering turn 1 at 385 kilometers per hour once things are warmed up, and the car is very pleasant and stable.

7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah the F-Retros are absolutely top tier now, all of them
    Keep it this way please, I've waited over a year to finally have them all be dialed in right :p

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Timo

Timo New Member

Update 1.4 for AMS 2 is really extensive. It contains so many new features, changes, improvements - quite a few of them under the hood - that it's almost impossible to cover everything in one coherent video. That's why I decided to take a different approach, combining infotainment with competition. Join me in discovering the new content around the Ginetta G55, Custom Multi-Class Grid and Full Course Yellows in my version of the WEC 6h of Spa 2022. Tell me what you think.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a list of current cars with Advanced Mechanical Damage Modeling: AMDM please? (OP just says "most"), thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

There are more screens that would improve the experience for triple users if the buttons were moved to the center screen. Please devs, consider this for future releases! ;)
    Triples_UI_request1.jpg
    Triples_UI_request2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is definitely one way to experience it. The default brake ducts should be increased across the board. But even after upping the brake ducts in some cars like the DPi the snagginess persists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am confused, in fanalab is it recommended that we turn off the NDP setting, DPR or both? I assume 0 is off for them?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

NDP is an additional Damper effect for DD and is as you say, recommended off. DPR is a modifier to whatever you set in-game. 100% uses all in game damper effect you set and 0 eliminates all in game effect you have set. They recommend DPR at 100%. In an earlier post I pasted the link with all the explanations. But like all things it comes down to the feel you want.

14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Retro changes, found that sweet spot with them. And just in time for the '70s versions of Spa and the Nurburgring... right?!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Yes, and hoping for Le Mans and Bannochbrae. I will buy these two tracks for $20 alone.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If you followed the steps in the link, one of them is to get the general weighting of the wheel to your liking (before adjusting some of the effects). So, the steering light or heavy is not a right or wrong answer--it's whatever you prefer or whatever suits your hardware.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

FX is an important part of the FFB, so 0 is an unlikely good spot to leave it. On a DD wheel, less is likely required than on a regular wheel, but I would not recommend 0. The only 0 that might make sense is LFB for a DD wheel. Assuming your wheel is "perfect," you may not benefit from any LFB the way all traditional wheels do. But since it only takes a few seconds, I would try some low settings just to compare. You want to be sure that you understand what impact is LFB (or FX) having on the FFB before turning it off.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

That’s about where I’m at. I’ve been able to get it as loose as I want it now. Default set is pretty tight, secure

19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

On the FFB topic, anyone got good settings for a G920/G29? These are mine and they feel good to me so far but I'm just wondering if there's any tweaks you'd all recommend
    upload_2022-9-3_18-40-9.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Your exit out of the pits is very tentative, you need to short shift to each gear as the first light comes on. I think just from watching, your steering is very sensitive or you’re just moving the wheel too much. With that said the default set up is pretty tight. Like I posted in here and to Crimsons video, my car is tight. However I did have my fb set low after release and it was very loose l, also. I normal race ovals (iracing)with less ffb as it’s not as necessary for a higher ffb. Put it back to my RC settings and the excessive loose feel was gone. I believe this shouldn’t happen from having the ffb too low but combine that with what you have your in game settings at it may be the culprit ?

M