1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @CrimsonEminence

I did all the steps you mentioned but still same.

Aswell checked version. I have 1.4.1.3.2157AVX

See short video if you want:

Then I decided to delete everything and uninstalling AMS2

After virgin installation NO MORE SLIDY :hurrayreiza:

See short video if you want:

:hurrayreiza:Many many thanks for your help and aswell many thanks to @Dady Cairo :hurrayreiza:
    see you on track!

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger New Member

I am new. So far I really enjoy the action and graphics and play with AMS 2. But when I ride in the Gen 1 2 or 3 F1's, I start immediately to fall behind and the pack leaves me. Is there something in settings I can adjust or can someone point me in the right direction to what I might be doing wrong?
    I switched from auto to manual shifting. I'm using a Xbox game pad for now until I can buy something much nicer. I calibrated my pedals hoping it might have been gas pedal calibrating range or something like that. But I'm moving fast, like 400K and It's a pretty blur, but the cars just pull away form me like I'm not even there. So this is ruining the whole race thing here.
    I keep trying to figure out of it's a car setting, gear ratio, or AI adjustment?
    I've been searching for this subject but cannot find it. I even looked on youtube to see if someone had a video of this problem of the pack pulling away. I racing it on the Daytona Oval.
    Respectfully
    Marc

3. Justdave

Justdave Member

The Skippy's in rF2 are one of my favorite cars in sim racing, once you get the setup right. Along with Reiza's own Formula Vee in rF2. Fantastic cars. I found setup files in the forums over there...and they are just wonderful cars to drive. Properly set up of course. AMS2 has so much more, all the cars will be top notch...can you guys make a Skip Barber??? Now that would be the icing on the cake. Imagine the Skippy in AMS2....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I just ran the Nordschleife in the Formula Truck MAN TGX. Nordschleife and the MAN TGX go together like peanut butter and jam.

On my first timed lap, I managed nine minutes, forty seconds and change. But I know that I can go faster.

On my second lap, I braked late, overshot a corner, and slammed it into a barrier. I'm not really used to driving these behemoths. But I'm practicing!

Ya hear that, Pagani? The MAN TGX and I are comin' for ya!

"Cry, 'Yeehaw!', and let slip the trucks of war!"

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Hi
    I just tried the open back truck/cars on Daytona
    I don’t think their was any slip streaming

is it not yet implemented ?

6. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

It absolutely is implemented, and do you mean Copa Montana?

• Like Like x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI has massive issues on overtaking each other and the fact that they are glued together and don't overtake might make it look like there is no AI on AI slipstream.

The players do slipstream nicely from each other and from the AI, very easy to notice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

We need an optional camper cap for the Copa Montana. It would help the aerodynamics and give us a place to take a nap at the track.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, that is interesting, i will have to try those arb settings. I have always had it the other way around with higher front and lower rear to stabilise the car and try and get turn in from elsewhere in the settings if needed

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The big question is was there a happy ending in it for him or the car?....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

I tried F.USA Gen3 @Fontana.
    It's oversteer.
    what was I reporting about?

12. S.Carassi

S.Carassi Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you mean the copa montana, that hits the rev limiter around the whole lap, at least on default setup, so not a lot to gain in a slipstream then i assume

14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

We need a crying reaction emoji please ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Try the steps that CrimsonEminence and Dady Cairo recommended. It worked for me.

Regards!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Right, there are some things which are more important than some features/effects. Every step in a develpment is a smaller or bigger project and it doesn't matter what it is. I am very optimistic, the sparks will be in a fantastic. Maybe not today, not tomorrow,....next year/century? Don't know, but it's worth to wait I think:)

17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately not worth the wait for me if it’s next century… :D 8F0AA89E-2435-4E8B-A868-BA5C599DE019.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Would be good to get the developers opinion on this, I presume you deleted your documents folder before doing a full clean re-install? Did your Steam integrity check pass?

If it did pass, is it possible that the Steam file checks only check files that match and not 'extra files' that may somehow be referenced when present, lying around from previous versions?

I mention purely because I worry that newcomers may not be as persistant as you and write off the game (similar to the concern I have here -> Game wheel Rotation not aligning with real wheel.). This isn't a concern about my install, but rather one about the reputation of the product. I want AMS2 to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Unbenannt.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

What would be good is, if someone when stuff isn't right, does a full file CRC check using an external program (not Steam, to ensure the file count is the same). Then reinstalls from scratch, and does the CRC check again, highlight differences. For example, if a file is dynamically created at runtime... I assume that isn't included in the Steam check (would be bad practice for it to be created at runtime but inside the installation dir and not the user dir, but who knows at this point).

Does the Madness Engine store anything in the Windows Registry that would get cleared only on uninstall/reinstall?

• Agree Agree x 2