1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only issue I have with the V8 Supercar is the steering. It's sooo sensitive and twitchy, and it's similar with Stock Cars. Not sure if I'm missing something, I assume AMS2 does have soft lock. Setting in-car steering lock to max does not help. I've set my wheel (Fanatec) up as recommended using AUTO, nothing. Setting 1080° on the wheel and re-calibrating it does also: Nothing.

In the V8 Supercar it's really bad, I can't drive it. Stock Cars are manageable but still too twitchy. Any idea?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm also having the same issue in VR as my GPU is only 50% usage and my frames are around 45.

Then I tried on my monitor and it's the same thing. 250+FPS normal (single 1080p display)on the same track and down to 70 for TTOTW

It's been like this since the first TTOTW so I haven't participated in any of them yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Well James, if you're going to get stuck on a couple of cars, those are two brilliant ones to get stuck on!

I drive the 2022 Stock Cars a lot. I probably have more actual racing time (vice just screwing around with cars) in the 2022 Stock Cars than anything else. I like to run the real life schedule with them.

And the Porsche is downright addictive. Try it at Salvador. Heads up for those barriers, LOL! :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My b***ing knows no bounds... lol

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 on this. It seems like they know very well what's wrong but they built such a huge castle on it that it will take an even more huge job to correct it from the ground up besides going in front of their users and tell them they have been bull****ted all this time and now they need to trash all of their setups (upon which many made a great $$$$ business) and re-learn to drive a completely different style of cars.
    It's just not going to happen. Like... never.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

In the hotlap event -I tried both

my fps becomes unusable about a 3rd
    I tested in user race mode & fine
    I also joined a random online race & fine there too

is this a bug? It’s only on the events

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a complete reinstallation for you and others,the cars a 100% fine for month.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The V8 Supercars have massive amounts of power on stupidly skinny tires. They're a bit of a mess to drive in real life (see Ken Block spinning one). Inside AMS2, they seem especially challenging because the level of force feedback that is transmitted as a representation of the inertia. Basically, once the car starts the rotate the force is higher than I would like as it is transmitted through the wheel. I do find them driveable though....it just takes lots of practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ricxx

Yeah, I know. I think what caught Ken Block out was that he had no experience driving with a spool.
    It's definitely the steering. As I said, it's so sensitive I can't drive it, as if I'm running very low DOR.

As to re-installing the game, I've followed the conversation and I find it a bit confusing that opinions differ so much. I'll try other things first, if there's no fix I'll consider it, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it seems to me that deleting your automobilista 2 folder from my documents, and then a steam files verification does the exact same as a reinstall, i strongly believe there is a placebo effect for a lot of people that reinstalled.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. ricxx

I did exactly that after v1.4 went live but no files verification. Will do that later on and see if it helps.

12. Dady Cairo

You all can do what you want,belive ,don't belive,call it " placebo".In the end it's you that misses how the user's sim should be.I do not care about that at all.It happens since PC Cars 1 arbitrarily..,so welll...:).
    Edit: I have both the Beta and the main,im'a beta tester i can compare both:whistle:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Yup, generally that's enough for me to switch the game off and play something else, not because "OMG AMS2 = PC2", but because it is the same thing in all sims and it gets tiring.

One thing I would add is I'd like to see AI strength set as a range, in AC (via CM) you can set the AI strength from x to y - allows you to set the range putting you low/mid-field etc.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yes i think it came in with TTOTW also, i haven't participated in the fast cars TTOTW, i had a go at the slow cars because the massive input lag i feel at low FPS doesn't affect me as much although i still am slower in the TTOTW than i am in single player.
    As a side effect of the low FPS that isn't the lag, the game looks so much worse also.

15. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A few things. Try lowering the steering lock in the setup. It is already pretty low on default but has a few more clicks in it. Also if you are using Default+ lower your FX or try this FFB file

Attached Files:

16. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also it has been nearly two weeks since 1.4 dropped, can we start talking about the next update please... I have started to lose faith in some of you being all content. I need speculation, "leaks" and demands. Please and thank you.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Being happy with what you have is for nerds anyway, REAL fans are constantly nagging about the next update and when it'll be out /s

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Haven't tried the V8s in a while, so after seeing the conversation here I thought I would give them a quick run out .
    I've had Danielkarts latest custom ffb file installed for a while now so that's what I was running initially, I was wondering how on earth could anybody be struggling with these cars! Yes you have to be a bit careful with the throttle on corner exit but no more than you would expect with a rwd V8 of any sort really.
    Then I tried it with default ffb just out of curiosity, omg ! Totally different car , absolutely no chance of catching the back end once it started to go . I'm not a fan of Gamermuscle particularly but it kind of backs up what he was saying about Danielkarts ffb file in his video yesterday, although unlike him I think it feels totally natural and not weird in any way .
    Just for the record I was experimenting with the default ffb the other night and actually thought it was perfectly usable. . . not with the super V8s for me it isn't!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Dady Cairo

Is perfectly fine on default and default+,since month.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ricxx

Are you sure I should lower it? Pretty sure after I got AMS2 I read somewhere that higher values require more steering input and thus make it less sensitive, less twitchy. Maximum is 28° in the setup.
    I'm using Danielkart's file btw.