1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Will need to try the Checvy Stock, fully agree with the Cup 4.0.

Chose it by accident (confused it with the GT3), once I'd YouTubed how to drive the damn thing it's turned out to be one of the best cars I've driven in any sim; helps to reduce pre-load though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

This is my experience as well in an albeit small sample size of courses tested. I can’t compete with ai. Normally I can use 100-120% ai but with FT Advanced I have to lower to like 85% and rear tires cook easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh man this explains a lot! It’s really the only couple cars where I’m just not able to get a handle on them. Formula Trainers I would set very good TT times where now I feel like a noob lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A reminder, folks:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
  5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the reason why I'm hesitating. I'm not saying it's placebo because I don't know but people shouldn't underestimate it, placebo effect can be very strong. When one or more Reiza staff say deleting your AMS2 folder does the exact same thing then it must be true, they must know what they're talking about.

But then there's this fact that some people like me, and obviously some other people as well, are having these issues with the V8 Supercar e.g. and other people aren't. I tried a file verification yesterday and it didn't help and I had deleted my AMS2 folder as well as recommended and it's still the same. Not entirely sure what to make of this.

Now, one could say, try a fresh install and if the Supercar is fine after that it is proof that re-installing the game does fix the issue. I'm sure it's not as easy as that but it'd be hard for me to come up with another reason why the steering then would be fixed. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Super V-8, -2 steering lock, reduce caster both sides, reduce front camber both sides, manually select tires, try it again. That might help. Let us know. It's a great driver for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

• Creative Creative x 2
  8. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely - historic Oulton Park would be amazing

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I would love to see donington in 1993 with the only F1 race held there. And Senna won.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I absolutely agree and will 2nd, 3rd and 4th that opinion!!! I hate ghost cars! It's not even the fact that its on in the pits but, even during a race with the a.i. I occasionally see ai driving through each other! Not because they are piting either, I'm talking random, mid lap!
    I love the fact we now have Yellow flags and they actually work! But I hate the fact cars suddenly become non physical and you can drive through them! No! Don't like it! Boo! Toys chucked right out of pram! Hissy fit!...... Bloody heck, did I just have a bit of a rant?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Has the track layout changed at donington since 93 ? As far as I remember it's the same now as then .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

+ Caterham 620R

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This. It just has a very aggressive front geometry by default that causes some wandering and is probably even worse if you drive on a controller without self-alignment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This update is amazing, just had a 30 lap multi-class race at Spa in the GT-OP with real historic weather and it was one of the best races I've ever had. The ai at 100 with max aggression were very good although they still hang behind slower cars instead of going for it.
    The weather changed between wet and dry 4 or 5 times (time accelerated x25) worked very well with no super quick drying out, it was just awesome.
    Looking forward to seeing full course yellows as I haven't had any yet.
    Well done Reiza!:hurrayreiza:

16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Ask @Renato Simioni to add the Formula V12 to this list as it's behave feels very like the FV10G1's understeer.

17. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

The layout is very similar but there are major difference all around the track.

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Played Formula Ultimate gen2 @Monza in VR. When watching replay in VR (trackside cam) the motor sound was missing or very low. Anyone else can confirm or is problem on my side (maybe my ears :D)?

19. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your suggestions, folks! Really appreciate it. I'll try all these things but that raises the question: Did those who say they're having no issues with the car follow these or similar steps or is the car fine from the get-go?

Edit: I've found the issue and I think I'll be facepalming for the rest of the day, maybe even the weekend :D
    I'll explain. Shorty after I got AMS2 someone (I can't remember which Youtuber) said that the first thing you should do when you open the setup screen you should increase the steering lock value as the default 20° is way too sensitive. I just trusted what the said, since then I've never felt the need to read the description (which clearly says the opposite of that) and indeed the first thing I'd do is to increase steering lock.

Now, most cars seem to still be fine but the V8 Supercar and also the Stock Cars clearly didn't like that at all. So yeah, decreasing it to 18° is perfect but 20 is also just fine.

The result of all this is wasted time and wasted space on the internet because of one tiny little wrong information :D That's how it goes sometimes. Lesson learned, I guess. Never trust 100% what some guy says on the internet, even if it's just about sim racing. Always double check.

Cheers guys, I'm off to have some fun in the V8 Supercar!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We need Knockhill at least, I'm sure that was in Pc2. Awesome track for smaller cars.

• Agree Agree x 3