1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hello @AxisMagi and you're welcome, I'm glad you like the tweaked tune! ;)

I certainly hope too that Reiza won't bring any drastic updates regarding physics so we all could spend more time rather on the track enjoying the sim than doing constant tinkering around and testing with these files. :D

And also I wish that Reiza would stop resetting lap times on Time Trial leaderboards, it has happened already twice since AMS2 existed! :mad: I really hope that V1.4 update was the last reset on Time Trial, one can only hope...

2. FearFactor

FearFactor New Member

Hi all

I need your help because i am not sure attm.
    As the update 1.4 came out (first version) ive installed rFuktor 5.0.1.3 from the second post here.
    This was a huge step and it was awesome after few small personal tweaks.

I have an TS-PC but today tried to drive few cars and it feels kinda not the same.
    Dont know if that last patch change something?

So now ive read here is another setting from Kuku?
    Is this then better than rFuktor 5.0.1.3?
    Or do someone know what maybe if the last patch has a impact on the settings?

3. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

My suggestion to you is to download Kuku's latest ZIP archive which contains his latest 5.0.1K file and my tweaked version of it from the last page on this thread (page 282).

Just to be sure, you could delete your Automobilista 2 folder from My Documents folder (it resets game settings to default) before applying Kuku's new file. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

4. FearFactor

FearFactor New Member

Ok thanks. I know with the deleting/backup of profiles folder. But i will check the Kukus settings just to have an compare.

Meanwhile ive tested it on the cars were i am 100% sure that it worked well and it seems to be ok.
    I drove also the F1 Gen3 Model2 and this was my point why i was bothered. This car do not feel so grippy like it was before and the forces on the wheel were lower as i had in mind.
    The rFuktor 5.0.1.3 seems to be ok so far.
    Strange.

5. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

This is propably caused by one or more of the V1.4 updates recently released by Reiza. Many of the car physics has been revised which means some of the cars won't feel the same as they were before the update.

I've been told by few fellow Time Trial drivers that one of my old favourite cars, the McLaren MP4/12 (F-V10 Gen 1 class), has drastically changed after V1.4, it ain't nowhere near as grippy as it was before (haven't tested it myself yet but that's what I have been told). The old car setups before V1.4 doesn't work anymore as they used to work and that's because of changes in car physics, at least that's the case with this particular car.

So I'm pretty sure that this is the phenomenom that you have been experiencing here. Propably has nothing to do with the custom FFB files or even FFB settings.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  6. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey! G29 user here. What parameters do you change for that center tightness...?
    Edit: Or maybe @tUMi can help out?

7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I believe it's this line in the file, within "Rack settings" department:

Not entirely sure is that the correct parameter to edit but it doesn't hurt to try. ;)

8. Sims Alabim

Thanks! I'll try that one. I'm also seeing (tighten_range and (tighten_falloff to be used with lower end wheelbases, but have no clue what it does o_O Both are set to 0 in the file you posted.

9. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Unfortunetaly I have no clue about those as well, @Kuku Maddog is an expert on these things, he knows better. However I do remember that I certainly didn't touch those parameters you mentioned when I made my tweaks to that file I posted earlier.

However, you can try to edit the values in those lines as well if you like. You can always revert back to the original values, if changing those values doesn't end up with a pleasant end result.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Also something that Kuku mentions in his zip file setup notes really made a big difference for me for center feeling.

"An often overlooked setting is the in game Steering sensitivty in the control configuration, I personally find that i have a bit of a deadzone with it set to 50, and like to run it at 75 in most cases"

I'm running mine at 60 with Simucube2 and it's great.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I noticed the same. I'm running mine at 75 with my Simucube 2 Sport wheelbase and it works beautifully.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sims Alabim

Thank you both for your suggestions, tried them all. Unfortunately doesn't do much on my G29. Seems like there's a lot more deadzone after the latest update, both on default and custom files. Deleted documents, even did a full re-install, but no. Maybe someone else with a G29 here experiencing the same, or know what parameters to change? Thanks!

13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Tightening for Gear wheels is a black art, and can vary from one unit to the next, there’s not a one value to fix all. And without a Gear wheel it’s not possible to test, but I remember some if the experience when I had one .

I think the range is normally in the tightening range of 0.12 - 0.16 and fall of is usually a tenth of that roughly. so fall off of 0.012 - 0.016 , but then some might find better values that aren’t exact, like 0.02 or 0.04

I have heard reports of a GHub update in the last week , that stuffed up a lot of G wheels.
    It’s best to ditch GHub and find a older version of Logitech Gaming Software.

14. Sims Alabim

Thanks for trying to help out! Tried all of your suggestions, but nothing seems to fix it. It felt good (enough) before the latest AMS2 update, so idk whats going on. Recalibrated the wheel and all that stuff, but it's just not driveable anymore for now.

15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Maybe do a game files validation in steam Ams2 settings
    If in doubt do a full re-install of game.
    There’s been cases of people having mixed experience’s with update and it’s been cured after .
    I did a full reinstall regardless because I’ve had issues with it in past .
    You can save things you want to keep from your my docs folder and put them back later. Things like graphics settings etc.

16. Sims Alabim

Thanks! You mentioned black art, so i decided to try that the norwegian way. I soaked the wheel in blood from a sacrificed goat, took it outside to burn down some churches and made it listen to the first Mayhem album all night long. Voilà! It's working better than ever!

(I also deleted the documents folder, did a full reinstall, AND validated the files in Steam. That was just boring.)

Btw your file with the tweaks by @tUMi feels really great on my (now) satanic G29! Thank you guys!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Des Bain

Des Bain New Member AMS2 Club Member

Have been using your latest file on my CSW 2.5 for the last couple of of days having moved from # Custom force FFB File from Daniel V42. Really impressed with it thus far.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad you like it, I removed it because the F1 Classic cars felt too loose on slow corners, I have a newer one I'll upload in a bit.
    Here it is

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Mind sharing your wheel + in game settings? I remember using a file of yours a few months ago and it’s never felt better tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, gain 60, lfb 0, fx 55. Then adjust gain per car in tuning menu.
    Wheel settings I think are
    Sen auto
    Ff 100
    Dri -2
    Strength 100
    Fei 60
    Brf 60?
    Everything else off.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1