1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Champrt78

Champrt78 Member

I play in VR, The messages for when I change tc or abs or brake bias, etc .. only come up when I have hud showing, is it possible to have them come up when hud is not on?

What's the trick to edit hud in VR?

2. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

You can switch to minimal HUD and turn everything off in that HUD mode, and then when you change your TC and ABS it will still show up at the bottom of the screen.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've suffered from massive performance loss in Overcast weather for over a year, reported it at the time it first appeared. I'm hoping now that the Sim has settled into v1.4 that Reiza can look into some core optimisations but I've yet to receive a response to that (in another thread).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

That and the freezes that occurs in MP ... This become more than annoying .. It can ruin your race ( and the one from other player because you loose control of your car).

I ve Seen jittering cars this weekend.. first Time I see this in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Yes jittery cars here too
    Glad not just my problem!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I ve Seen glitches and small freezes even in local against AI now.. clear sky on Long Beach with mix of DTM and classics. Before freezes only occured under MP ranked .. since 1.4 I've expérienced glitches in MP ranked and Unranked as well offline races and jittering cars with MP ... overcast and low Light getting FPS lost .... It gets Worse.. that's sad because I like this game very Much, lot of fun with the right peoples when everything is going well

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Forgive me for my naivety but I cannot get fpsVR to run in AMS2, which was the main reason I purchased it. Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I guess

The way I do it :

Before Starting AMS2 I start fpsVR via Steam then I start AMS2. When I put the Helmet the widget is displayed at the Botton ( have to move my head a bit down)

Actually as soon I start FPSVR it is displayed in my Helmet. FpsVR starts SteamVR automatically

Hope this help

9. Merlin Cooper

Merlin Cooper New Member

For even better VR support it would be great to have setting changes shown in the dash - just like in reality

10. crbarbon

crbarbon New Member

Thanks for feedback. Whats your settings on Quest 2 and game?

11. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Ok so I started fpsVR, which I see in headset. However, when I start AMS2 from Simhub for base shakers it disappears. I tried running AMS2 from steam too and when asked, I run through Steam VR Oculus yet still will not display.
    What do you use please?

12. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Tried on my side and still displayed when I start simhub or AMS2. Maybe the view is reset when game is Starting. If you point on the widget with your occulus handset you Will see the option menu. Select attached to the HMD ..it is a bit annoying but for test it Will be always in front of you.

Also if you start FPSVR after ams2 is it working? Because maybe it is occulus that Hide it. I have a G2 and if I start the mix reality portal after fpsVR, it stops. I have to restart it after

I m running Steam VR 1.23.7 but I don t think it matters.

13. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

Launch SimHub, but don't launch AMS2 from there. Try to just launch AMS2 from Steam. I've never had to launch games from SimHub to get bass shakers working. As long as you are just using "shared memory Project Cars 2" on the system menu (not UDP)

14. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Excellent I will give that a go!

15. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Many thanks for the info will try your suggestion too!

16. crbarbon

crbarbon New Member

I Finnaly found something that helped me without being to complicated:
    Limiting fov to 0.8 on Oculus Tray Tool and using vrperkit.
    I have only one problem: when using fixed FOVeated, the second circle makes vegetation and scenario disappear in my set radius, making things pop up to showing on inner circle to desappear on second, then reappear on third circle. Someone that uses VRperfkit experimenting this on AMS2?

17. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like the same issue/restriction you get with OpenComposite/OpenXR Toolkit - the in game MSAA needs to be off or high. Of course, high comes at GPU cost, so you may have to lower some other settings to cope with that.

18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

I'm not using vrperkit now, but have fiddled with it in the past and had the same issues with FFR artefacts. I read a post somewhere that you can mitigate that by setting the middle and outer ring values really high (0.6, 1.0, 1.6), but haven't tried myself

19. old hockenheim

old hockenheim New Member

You can switch from vrperfkit to OpenXR Toolkit, which also gets you foveated rendering but you can tweak it live (and with more options). I used it to set the glitchy rings almost completely out of sight and turned rendering off on the outermost one (changes nothing visually but gets you a bunch of FPS).

Just replace the x64/openvr_api.dll with the one from here: Files · openxr · Campbell Suter (ZNix) / OpenComposite · GitLab , under the "Per-game installation" section, and get OpenXR Toolkit here: Quickstart

Should work on anything, using it on Index here.

20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

Nah, just spent the last couple of weeks trying to get Open Composite working on AMS2 and no matter what I do it always starts in Oculus mode, so therefore OpenXR Toolkit wont work either. Very frustrating

• Agree Agree x 1