1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish people would use the correct terminology for this. It is toe out and toe in. using negative toe is a double negative and confusing. The way I have described it was always the way it was talked about in my years as a car mechanic.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I may be misunderstanding but I don't see any double negative in reducing negative toe. Both terminologies are commonly used -

Negative toe = toe out
    Positive toe = toe in.

It's entirely possible to reduce negative toe (toe out) but still maintain some degree of negative toe (still toe out).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I starts to become some "religious" thingy, Perhaps It works for someone, but I needed to find some peace of mind after reading incomprehensible things
    I first did Verify integrity on my installations and after that a hash compare between Main, Beta and a New installation

New vs Old, A installation made on 20 June 2020 and a new made today has no Files with different hash

Beta vs Main, Files with different hash

D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\AMS2.exe
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\AMS2AVX.exe
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\build.dat
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\Pakfiles\PHYSICSMENU.bff
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\Pakfiles\Vehicles\Formula_V10_G1.bff
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\Pakfiles\Vehicles\Formula_V10_G1_LD.bff
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\Pakfiles\Vehicles\McLaren_MP4_12.bff
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\Pakfiles\Vehicles\McLaren_MP4_12_LD.bff
    D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta\Pakfiles\Vehicles\Superkart.bff

And I must say I can't feel the slightest difference, between the old and new installation.
    If I look at the nature of the problems that would be solved with a new installation, they could also be solved with re-loading your car setup, a lot faster and less strain on the environment

Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass

function DoFolderHash([string]$folder1, [string]$folder2)
    {
    $hashes1 = Get-ChildItem -Path "$folder1" -Recurse | Get-FileHash
    $hashes2 = Get-ChildItem -Path "$folder2" -Recurse | Get-FileHash
    $files = $hashes1.Path + $hashes2.Path
    ""
    "Identical files:"
    foreach($h1 in $hashes1)
    {
    foreach($h2 in $hashes2)
    {
    if($h1.Hash -eq $h2.Hash)
    {
    $h1.Path + " == " + $h2.Path
    $files = $files -ne $h1.Path
    $files = $files -ne $h2.Path
    }
    }
    }
    ""
    "Unique files:"
    $files
    ""
    }

DoFolderHash "D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2" "D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 beta"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is a religion:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great, hopefully its all placebo.

6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

If the problem was solved with re-loading the car setup,i do this everytime i go on track.;)and after every update.Edit:I reset it to default not saving it and load it again.
    Sadly it didn't fix the broken FFB and other important changes wich a complete reinstall did.
    So i can exclude this as a solution.Nice theory though.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As in Saint Renato, Patron of All Simracers? ;)

2Q==.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Aye. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I've never reinstalled AMS2, never deleted its MyDocuments folder, I've verified files a few times and deleted Steam download cache a few times, deleted the setups folder a couple of times, and reset setups in-game way too many times.
    Aside from the controller issues I've mentioned in other occasions I noticed some of the handling issues I was having were related to setup bugs. In my experience just resetting to default isn't enough, I also have to delete setups created before the current update (I save screenshots of their values before deleting them so that I can compare values with new setups), delete any setups with * next to it, any changes I make I need to save as a new setup (setups with * next to the name seem to cause issues), and I have to load the saved setup every time I start a new session.
    Imo I still think handling quality can vary a lot from one car to another but the steps above helped me make some of the cars a bit more predictable to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think so, if you try to nail the throttle and are not in a straight line for some cars you get a wiggle or worse

11. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Act 1, Scene 5, The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark by William Shakespeare

Clearly, there are things going on here that cannot be explained by human science. Perhaps the names of certain files, when strung together in a specific order, make up some forgotten, medieval incantation that affects car handling.

And once it's done messing with the cars, the malevolent spirit has nothing to do, so it heads for a USB port, follows the cable up into your wheel, and enters the player through the wheel rim.

The next thing you know, your head rotates 360 degrees like your neck is full of ball bearings, and you're spraying split pea soup all over the room. I know all about this stuff, I've watched all those movies.

And it looks like the only way to exorcize the demon is a complete, fresh re-installation. Hurry, before it's too late! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. F1Aussie

Just had a race with the Ginetta GT3 at Road America, boy o boy are these two a match made in heaven! That car feels so good with clutches reduced to 2 and Maurice's fanalab profile for this car, absolutely amazing!

On a side note has anyone updated to Win 11? If so any issues with AMS2 or any other games you may have or apps you use?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Agree on the Ginetta GT3 and Road America, great combo. Also try the Porsche Cayman S GT4 at Road America. It's a very pleasant drive.

Sorry, can't help you on Windows 11. I always just assume, based on past experience, that any new version of Windows will be more bloated and intrusive than the previous version, so I never upgrade until I'm forced.

For two cents, I'd buy a book on Linux and start studying. If Microsoft gets much more intrusive and controlling, it's coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Zero problems for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

A friend of mine switched to Win11 and his biggest issue was the spacing in Windows Explorer. All his games and apps work fine, he doesn't play AMS2 tho or any racing games for that matter.

If you don't have issues in W10 with your controller IDs without using devreorder you'll probably be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. F1Aussie

Might have to do a GT4 championship with that next then. I having been hanging off the update waiting for all the guinea pigs to iron out the bugs, thought it might be more mature now.

17. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, and like I said, it is confusing.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

With such posting you (and those who mock up with "placebo") ensure that errors are downplayed and dismissed as unimportant.although you yourself have made the experience, you make yourself and the other testers untrustworthy and ridiculous.this behavior contributes to nothing more to post.
    And to leave the forum, because you are not taken seriously anyway.Then this ends soon as with RD and Rf2.Very sad.Started well.I go back to the beta forum.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you confirm Crimson if this includes any of the Caterham models? They are one group I can’t seem to understand fully. Lack of connection to be able to “push” properly. Rears on academy go yellow quickly at 100% ai. Using Reiza recommended SC2 settings on Default FFB. Thanks for all the hard work. 95% of what I drive is great!

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Possible yes.

• Like Like x 2