1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Any news on the 2022 indy car release.. now that the season is over?
    :-(

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All hail the deity of the speedy code!

3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In that case never listen to Pink Floyd when tinkering with your garage setup else frustrations may occur!;)

4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The opinion that a fresh install does more than a files verification plus the deletion of your AMS2 documents folder does have some kind of esoteric 'taste'. Maybe people doubt that the files verification process is effective, idk.

I once had issues with another game after an update, checking integrity of the files fixed it for me. I have no reason to doubt because it helped me in that instance. Our perception very often does trick us big time. Just because after A comes B it doesn't mean that A caused it.

I don't think Oubaas wanted to mock anyone, his hyperbole is accurate imo.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Before you go to reinstall anything, check your (full) version number in the bottom righthand corner of the main menu.

A thing that is mentioned rarely is the deletion of steam download cache, if steam is locked in an older version of AMS2 and refuses to update which can give the impression of the game being in most current state while it isn't. (and we had a rapid-fire of hotfixes the days after main release, don't forget)

Any user settings related files are exclusively located in the Automobilista 2 folders in windows documents.

Instead of fueling any myths (no matter if a re-install was showing desired successful outcomes, it says nothing about the reason why due to lack of broad scale of information) let's approach this situation a bit more scientifically, shall we? Thank you! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for that idea. What number should appear there?

I have V1.4.1.3.2157.AVX and I have issues with car sounds and I had an issue with the FUSA gen 3 super speedway tires.

7. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

It really isn't. I'll explain it in a way that seems popular in this forum. You can eat some cheese and still have some cheese.

Still confused?

8. CrimsonEminence

That's the correct main live build.

Others report them too and there are things that still need bugfixing, so nothing unusual.

Switching once from "Automatic by weather" to definitive tire solved issues for affected users. I wasn't able to reproduce this but we're aware that it happens. Also nothing "individual-related".

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

I usually prefer to do so by myself, but it has actually caused confusion when talking about "more toe-in" (transcription of my advice) in the past. So i chose to explain it in a fashion what to do with the numbers in setup screen directly, out of these experiences made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Did somebody say cheese?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My favourite method of eating cheese is to eat the holes first ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

FCK:

Science - AMS2 was behaving oddly to some players... one reinstalled (with completely folders deletion) and, with it, fixed the issue. Them other folk did the same and also get the same results. But some folks did and nothing happened.

As science:

1) There was a flaw determining what was wrong before and or after
    2) There was a flaw determining what is right or wrong with AMS2
    3) The reinstallation process compensated something that didn't worked with previous attempts of file verification, simple doc-paste deletion or anything else

Scientifically speaking: Reiza have to identify what among all of this process caused the desired changes and make their way to fix it via update.

Toe - In car setup, toe means the angle of the tire relative to the car chassis. "Negative" and "out" are synonymous, as "positive" and "in".

@CrimsonEminence may lacked with his understanding of how science works (or should work... but I will not talk about it in this forum because the administration -or part of it - don't like my opinion) but is right with his semantics about car's toe.

Eating cheese - No matter what, you should start serving a good wine, setting a moderate ambient illumination, some soft music at a barely audible volume in an ambient where wood scent prevails. Them you get your lips close to her ears and say "I will pay the bills". Use condoms unless pregnancy is desired by you and the lass.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Should we read anything into the fact that Will Power (recently Indy Car champ) liked the recent Instagram post from Reiza regarding this weeks time trials? Not sure he has ever liked a post before (could be wrong)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

"Something", "anything" -> That's the point. To identify the culprit of "somethings", there must be a clear foundation of information.

We already told you to check version number ahead of any re-install and check deletion of steam download cache.

Your opinion is welcome, unless you approach others in condescending and unhealthy manner for commonality on this platform. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Hypothesis: If my current installation of AMS2 (i.e., V1.4.1.3.2157.AVX) is acting janky, then __(insert treatment here)________ will solve the issues.

Experimental treatment groups:

a) delete Automobilista 2 folder in My Documents
    b) Steam file verification & cache clear
    c) both (a) and (b)
    d) reinstall AMS2
    e) do something else (report what you did)
    f) thoughts and prayers
    g) do nothing (control group)

Pick a treatment group, report back.

For my part, I did (d) the AMS2 reinstall prior to the release of V1.4 and have had no significant issues outside of those identifed afterwards running V1.4.1.3.2157.AVX (e.g., Auto tire selection bug on F-USA, F-Trainer weirdness, etc.).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

In each case, check version number in main menu first

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Dady Cairo, it certainly was not my intention to offend anyone, and if you found what I posted offensive, I sincerely apologize.

You are correct that I began the v1.4 period with a clean install, having wished to eliminate any residue from some old mods that I had tried. I thought that a fresh start was in order. And consequently, I seem to have established a very trouble-free installation and have experienced only those problems that have been acknowledged by Reiza.

I was simply expressing my amusement at the widely varying opinions held about the subject of reinstallation within the community.

I look forward to your enthusiastic and insightful posts and would certainly be saddened by your departure, so I hope that you'll accept my apology and remain with us. The forum would certainly be diminished by your departure, my friend. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Don't take it personal,i like jokes,but i and others make a lot of effort to find out things and get to the bottom of them.:)And i wonder where bad reviews and youtube videos have its roots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I was not condescending nor unhealthy, it is YOU AND ONLY YOU finding fur in chicken eggs... just sent you a PM and hope to solve your PERSONAL issues with me through private.

Anyway: I already reinstalled AMS2 a few days ago (as I posted previously in this own thread) and solved the game issues (or some of them, considering that Reiza still plan to do adjustments in some cars). If YOU want more information, next time you talk to me, try to be polite... I'm not a Reiza employer... just A CONSUMER... and I'm being threated like **** by you and your continuous intimidations. I don't know if you realized it, but people that CARES to make an account in a corporative forum and GIVE THEIR TIME to help the product get in a better shape and other users to have a better experience can't just DISTURB COMMONATITY (as you accused me with a warning) exactly when I'm being helpful with the community AND Reiza.

@Renato Simioni - O seu administrador está me assediando moralmente. É a segunda advertência que tomo aqui enquanto tento ajudar a comunidade, a sua empresa e o faço sem usar de qualquer ofensa (inclusive fiz uma piada no final da postagem pra deixar ela mais suave, pois já sei que o moderador em questão tem birra pessoal comigo... o que se prova facilmente). Me desculpe por te invocar para este tópico, mas o cara simplesmente não responde as minhas MPs e apenas me ameaça de banimento (não é a primeira vez) por eu estar aqui tentando ajudar a vocês e aos outros jogadores. Eu não gosto de vitimismo, mas também não gosto de levar mordida de quem tento ajudar... e aposto que pela sua dedicação à Reiza e gentileza para com a comunidade, você também não é do tipo que gosta de espezinhar seus clientes. Então, por favor, dê um jeito no seu moderador/administrador, porque eu não tenho como continuar postando e dividindo informações com vocês enquanto sou tratado como se fosse um bosta. Grande abraço para você!

• Like Like x 2
  20. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just read your reply to Crimson. The one from 4.38pm today. It does read pretty bad, it comes across condescending imo. Not sure if it is a direct translation from another language which clearly doesn't read well in English or not, but maybe as a suggestion, try avoiding telling people or Reiza what to do or not to do, or prove someone wrong. When discussing an idea, it normally works better when the focus is the message or the subject itself, not the person, at least in English.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1