1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Apologies I’ve just corrected
    Do the updates come very often ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Pretty much a monthly thing for the longest time now, depends a bit on the scope and size of what they plan to push out. 1.4 was a biggun' and there's unforeseen complications sometimes, so then it's 2 months.
    Still unparalleled in the industry to push this much update so frequently.

You'll know when it's time for the next build, a small armed conflict will flare up here on the forum...:D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Yeah the Super V8 is perfect if you sit back and watch the AI drive it for you.

I don't use setups rarely, use default ffb.
    I have no saved setups and reset the tune before I drive any car in any situation, out of habit, pcars, bugs, settings etc.

The V8 Wagon Montana drives spot on, driven back to back its glaringly obvious.

The slightest input of steering angle and its off drifting (not drifting arse out), correct it with opposite steering slightly and its off drifting the other direction.

The proof is in the pudding no one drives the thing since the update, which was previously a popular car along with the Caterhams.
    Online multiplayer.
    Some cars need looking at and I'm sure its an easy fix for Reiza.
    They've got this far with great results.
    But don't just say it drives spot on when it clearly doesn't.
    There's a definite grip/speed issue in a few cars.
    Just because cars are slower or have low aero doesn't equal sliding all over the place.
    For example the Ginetta G40 drives awful sliding around like its on gravel.
    Yeah its a low aero car but come on its a stripped out race car on slicks it should be stuck like $£€! on a shovel, yeah low power but you should be driving flat out everywhere leaning on the tyres and brakes not drifting around, sliding losing momentum.
    Some cars need slowing down, adding a shed load more grip. Which gives the same times anyway.
    Same with braking, you should be hammering the pedal, only backing off as you trail in.
    Not sure what's going on, some cars are unbelievabley good, some need alot of work.
    Maybe its not as simple a fix as I'm hoping for..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Content wise I would like to see Keke Rosberg's final F1 car, Mclaren MP4/2C. With both red and yellow color. :) And more F-Classic cars for other gens. Mika Häkkinen's first F1 car Lotus 102B would be nice also.

• Like Like x 4
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have that same drifting issue with the SuperV8, it is my only complaint about it, hopefully it is something they can iron out quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It honestly sounds like we are driving two different cars. The Super V8 is probably my current favorite. I just do lap after lap at DP but I am using a custom FFB file…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Ken Block's first experience in a V8 Supercar. I just re-watched that bit and he said it goes against anything he'd learned and it was so different than anything he'd driven back then.

I don't think you can turn the spool off in AMS2 and I think you have to be very careful on the throttle. The fixed rear axle doesn't allow the rear wheels to rotate at different speeds, which is necessary to make a turn properly. The inside wheel always has to travel less around a corner than the outside wheel, the spool forces the inside tyre to rotate at the same speeds as the outside tyre which makes it lose traction. Now add tons of power and no TCS and you have a recipe for insane oversteer.

So it has to be very different to drive than 'normal' race cars with LSDs e.g. Can't really judge as I haven't driven it much due to my embarrassing steering lock debacle :D Will spend a bit more time driving it.

I don't think not seeing it used online says much tbf. You don't see the Chevy Montana used much either, like many other cars or classes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Theodore Schultz

Also have you tried these in other sims? Just took the Super V8 from AMS1 and they feel almost identical to me using default FFB. Also tried out the Super V8 mod in AC. That car is a real handfull. AMS2's are much easier to handle imo.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  9. F1Aussie

Yeah but does the AMS1 wander in a straight line as well?

10. Theodore Schultz

It doesn't wonder for me in a straight line unless your coming out of a slow corner and mashing the gas pedal.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I can leave the pits at Bathurst in the Super-V8, enter the uphill straight, and drive all the way up the hill to the first turn at full throttle with no hands on my steering wheel.

I can do the downhill run to the bend just before you brake the same way.

Try that and see if you can keep it between the ditches. I don't seem to have the wandering problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Regarding the Ginetta G40...

1. Do a set up.

2. The car needs three brisk laps before the tires are nice and sticky.

3. When driving this car, brake early and have at least a little throttle on when the lateral shift comes.

4. If you feel it losing lateral grip, add a little throttle and it will behave.

Tuning your FFB to a gnat's, well, you know, is very helpful.

If you're on the brake and off the throttle in this car when there's a lateral load, you'll get to see places at the track that are normally only seen by the guy who cuts the grass.

But if you brake early and keep the throttle on at least a little when there's a lateral load, it's a fun little car that can be driven quite fast for being a 1.8L, 142 HP car that weighs over 2,000 lbs.

Often times, the throttle will keep you out of trouble on the track in situations where you'd want the brake in a street car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Gotta say I agree. Just took it for a spin at Interlagos. Didn't experience any wandering or any of this drifting either for that matter. Didn't even feel like I had to be overly careful through corners. Maybe it comes down to driving style. All seemed pretty natural to me. Didn't change steering lock, any setup and run with default+ FFB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Just ran a bunch of fast laps at Watkins Glen GP in the Super V-8.

Down the front straight, the long straight after the Esses, and the short straight after the toe of the Boot, I took my hands off the wheel.

No wander, no problems. And it's fun at the Glen!

15. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Me too! Standard setup and tried with default/default+ FFB!
    Very strange this. Maybe STEAM is giving us two different versions of the game/car?

16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Only reason the copa montana doesn't get driven more often is because its not a GT3. Nonetheless it is excellent fun to drive and is a great league car due to its easy driving nature, good traction and p2p to make the racing interesting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. F1Aussie

This is weird though cos it does for me and some others in a straight line, someone even posted a video showing it. It is only minor compared to what it was but it is definitely there for some of us, has t happened with any other cars I have tried since 1.4

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

No way I would be able to do that, I would be in the wall. I dont believe you can take your hands off the fanatec DDs anyway as they oscillate even in a straight line I think

19. F1Aussie

I don't think driving style has anything to do with keeping it in a straight line on a straight though

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I really don't know why we're still having this debate. Do the comparison I did in this video (first 20 seconds) and see if the SuperV8 behaves noticeably different than the StockCar. It doesn't matter if you could drive it well despite the way it reacts to inputs - the issue can be circumvented, and for some it may even feel natural, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Anyway, @CrimsonEminence told me that currently it is what it is with this car and they will get back to it when there's time.

• Agree Agree x 2