1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why havent you solved this BUG Reiza?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BrunoB, Apr 24, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Last weekend I had 2 friends to check my AMS2 out.
    Both is casual racing gamers(rF2 & F1-2019).
    And they both admitted that AMS2 graphically was pretty reasonable - but..
    But after checking the Brabham BT46 Fan car out they absolutely refused to believe that ANY RL car would have behaved this odd way.:whistle:
    One thing is that the car at low speed does zigzag rather uncontrollable every time you shift gears - but the other critique is that even keeping about the same RPM the car in low/middle speed corners suddenly loose all rear traction and ends up into an oversteer dead pirouette.:eek:

But then they realised that Reiza after more than 1 year havent solved the rather simple salvageable damage reset BUG in LB mode.
    If the car get damaged too much and and loose wheel(s) then even if you restart the TT session the car does still miss the lost wheels.:D
    Only if you completely exit the TT session and restart a new TT session from scratch the car has 4 wheels again.

Do I have to say that my 2 friends gave up seriously driving this odd car and instead made a competition out of trying to get rid of all 4 wheels.:rolleyes:
    And then by using Instant Replay check out this hovercar without wheels hovering around the track like a kind of flying carpet.:p

ByTheWay: To not loose all kind of gaming respect from my 2 friends I had to force them to test drive my favorite AMS2 car the F-Reiza.
    They were still laughing and having a good time joking about the Brabham hovercar - but admitted that the behaviour of the F-Reiza was in quite another ball game.;)

FanCar hovercar.jpg DeLorean hover-car.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I want to use the funny emoji...but this isn't even funny anymore :( I guess Reiza just needs more time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

More time? :p
    Come on Jedi :D
    Eventhough this BUG isnt exactly a gamechanger/destroyer then I dont understand Reiza havent solved it.
    Because it cannot be a big deal (complicated) to REALLY reset the car when you (as normal) exit the ongoing session.
    Why?
    Because all the other thing of a car is allready reset - and all other damage too!
    Its only if the damage (only wheels?) is damaged more than a certain level/degree that the game does not reset.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Strange thing is also that this bug was "more" mandatory in the beginning of AMS2s development. Where even low damage/loss of wheels were never reset. :rolleyes:
    So there must be some "evaluation" in the game deciding: This wheel damage is more severe so we dont care if the flying carpet thing spoils the immersion for the user.:eek:
    Eventhough he has payed for the game :whistle:

4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For the interim just turn damage off in TT mode..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Missing wheels, this is really the most bad bug in AMS2, it is really annoying, I hate it.
    The only thing you can do is to exit race event and start a new one. No session restart, skipping or anything helps the car isn't repaird (visual).
    I don't think REIZA needs more time, it is an old bug, one of the first which appeared. They just have to do it now. Driving wiht zero, one, two or only three wheels doesn't make fun and is looking terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Actually I wasnt sure if this bug also does appear in practice & race mode - because Im solely using AMS2 in TT mode :oops:
    And my comment that It has been even worse in the beginning of the development of AMS2 is not pure placebo.
    At least I consider it to not be :rolleyes:
    If Im right then some of the latest updates proudly returned this annoying bug :mad:

ByTheWay: If it wasnt because of the urgent basic things considering car behaviour that AMS2 does really good - then I would have been abandoning ship long time ago. Abandoning because of all these irritating remaining bugs.:confused:

7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Ive not ever experienced this and cant seem to reproduce it on my system ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it’s a bug but I understand that for Reiza it’s not top priority to solve. How often do drivers loose (all) their wheels in game and in real life?
    After such a huge crash just imagine you have to go to the hospital and when you come back and are able to play the game after a few days again: voila, your car has been repaired too and has all 4 wheels again!
    A realistic simulator! :D:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Are you sure it is AMS2 you have installed?
    Because as example Mario Bros dont have this issue - Im told ;)

11. Apex

Apex Active Member

It's an old issue inherited from PC1/2. Guess it's a needle in the haystack job finding that faulty line somewhere in a compendium of code.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

13. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

still not fixed

doing practice session and my car had a permenant missing wheel after a crash

14. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

weight reduction

15. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I think they are to grippy

maybe you should drive slower & me faster ?

16. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's an old inherited PC bug and talked about internally. If it was a simple fix I am sure it would have been applied by now. I do have confidence it can be sorted in the future..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Just set "Show_wheels_after_crash=true" :p I mean how hard can it be?

It's similar btw with other body parts that sometimes disappear after watching the replay of a crash, like a crumpled hood or a dangling front bumper. Probably a similar issue, if not the same alltogether.

18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

SMS "fixed" it more than once while PC1 and PC2 were relevant, but they never cought it really.
    In their own code!
    REIZA is just using and learning to understand that code. :)

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, maybe ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One never can tell. Some bugs seem trivial to fix (AI not selecting the same livery as the player for example) yet languish on for months if not years while we are told it's actually not possible, Madness Engine limitation, yada yada yada. Then magically one update it gets fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Some wise men magically pop up and know better =D
    Afaik, in beta group we got the "we found the bug" very often in this mentioned (AI) case and then it came back again and again.
    So please don't talk about sudden magic with low background info :p
    But now after too many attempts i'd say, it magically works.
    But , i would not bet on that ;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022