1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Purpose...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TexasSpecial, Sep 19, 2022.

1. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Maybe I am not too bright, but I sure seem to play a game a lot more if there is a goal.
    Without an internal championship, earning to buy cars, or completing a series of tasks for a reward, I generally dont play a game very much.

Can you guys point me to some web pages and apps that generate Championships, random races, or goals for AMS 2?

I know you can do online time trials and online races, but I am looking for personal achievements against AI.

thanks

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you should set personal goals. Getting better at racing. Getting better laptimes. Increase your knowledge about tuning. Increase your awereness on the track; getting through T1 unharmed, no dives, saving your tyres, etc etc etc. That's so much to learn about racing. Delve yourself into MP and learn how to react into different situations. Like seeing a divebomber coming in your rear mirror and saving yourself by going wide a bit more, etc etc Knowing where to pass and not to pass, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There's preset championships and custom championships.

Me personally, I've been trying to do races at every track location at an AI level that's challenging for me (from the tests I've done so far that's AI=100 for open-wheel and AI=105 for GTs), practice with AI to have an idea of their lap times, where I can improve, and possible overtaking spots, skip qualifying and start race in last and see how many positions I can gain in 20 minutes. I don't always win but gradually working my way up the grid against challenging AI feels very rewarding especially if it's at a track I haven't raced much before.

There's also what I call track challenges: pick a car and a track, do 3 races, one in dry weather, one in light rain, and another one in heavy rain; then do the same for other tracks, 3 races in different weather conditions. Or if you're trying to learn and get better at a certain track you can do multiple races at that track, start with slower cars and move your way up to faster cars (eg: GT5 > GT4 > GT3 > GT1, or touring > GT > prototype > open-wheel), I've done this in other games over the years and imo it's a really interesting way to learn tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

If you do track days there’s nothing like the things you mentioned

you’d just pay money & drive

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully this helps? AMS2 Career - Web-based App Released!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neem

Neem New Member

This may not be your thing but this is a Time Trial group that competes for Championship Points and mid month sprints. There is an objective every 2-3 weeks against a small group of competitive hot lappers. We compete in groups of 10 to keep it interesting for those who are not the quickest, but you can get promoted if you win your class.
    Give it a try maybe? No obligations.
    Team Time Trial

• Like Like x 1