1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimHub ShakeIt Bass Shakers settings sharing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tiago Ribeiro, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone,

SimHub is probably one of the most valuable pieces of software I use along with AMS2 (besides CrewChief, of course!). Specifically, the ShakeIt Bass Shakers feature has been very important for me as a way to better understand what the car is doing, and along with the custom FFB file, have transformed my sim racing experience - to the extent that I just can't drive on consoles anymore.

I'd love to hear from other SimHub users what specific settings you've been using -- hopefully with the intent of learning from each other on specific tuning that can improve the car feel. I'd like to start the conversation by sharing my own settings.

My rig has two ButtKickers (Gamer2) installed in the front (under the pedal plate) and rear (under my seat). I have a dedicated Realtek sound card provide output to them via a Behringer NX1000D amplifier (decided for it over the built-in BK amplifiers as they do not save the settings between restarts).

I have the following effects enabled:
    • Gear Shift
    • Road Impacts
    • Road Vibration
    • Wheels Slip
    • ABS active
    • TC Active
    • Wheels Lock
    • Simulated Road Texture
    Of all settings above, TC and ABS have been the most impactful for my driving (of course, only applicable to cars with TC/ABS).

The following screenshots show how I have tuned each setting. Would love to hear from other users what specific options worked best in your case.

1_gear_shift.png 2_road_impacts.png 3_road_vibration.png 4_wheels_slip.png 5_abs_active.png 6_tc_active.png 7_wheels_lock.png 8_sim_road_texture.png output.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. hb22

hb22 Member

Good idea for a thread! I am new to AMS2 and Simhub and have just a single Buttkicker Gamer 2. I did not spend long configuring but ended up with the below, which looks quite different to yours.

-I like the acceleration and deceleration forces - It doesn't give extra "information" in terms of helping me drive any faster, but it slightly replicates the physical shock your body gets in real life under those conditions.
    -I am otherwise trying to focus on "wheel slip" to get more information about when I am losing grip, which I struggle to pick up through my FFB and in real life would get from the "seat of my pants". As you can see in the screenshot I am experimenting with boosting the frequency to 65hz +- 10hz in order to make it feel distinct to the other effects and therefore noticeable when it happens. Also wheel spin feels good at a higher frequency. I notice you have set a custom non linear curve on this, maybe I will try that.

I will certainly reference your setup when I get round to tweaking mine, and also interested to see what others are using with a single buttkicker device !

upload_2022-8-1_15-50-50.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. hb22

hb22 Member

I was experimenting again last night trying to find the best settings for the wheel slip. I was usually finding it came on slightly too late, even with quite a high gain and "minimum force". I am interested in why you have a high threshold on yours, as I imagine this would make my problem worse.

Do you know if there is any way to visually output the live telemetry so that I can see exactly what is being sent from AMS2 to SimHub and when ?

I am also trying to figure out the difference in road impacts, road rumble, road vibration and simulated road texture... Thanks !

4. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for making this thread!
    I have 2x Dayton Audio Transducers underneath my seat, and i just haven't felt like i've got the simhub settings dialled in well.

I'll try the settings in OP tonight and let you know how i get on!

5. hb22

hb22 Member

FYI In researching this a bit further I have found some people saying that there is a bug on the wheel slip, Simhub overamplifies the AMS2 signal so the Input Gain should be put at just 10/100 to get the full range of wheel slip:
    AMS2 Wheels slip / Bass shakers

I have also found this interesting thread which shows how an expert sets up his Simhub with buttkickers, he is using multiple layers of frequencies to give a more realistic feel for each effect. His profile is downloadable but was designed for ACC so I guess levels may need some tweaking for AMS2.
    upload_2022-8-3_15-44-11.png
    HOLY Shamolee - The Long Requested / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / Simhub Tactile Effects Thread

6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Nice thread indeed

I have 6 Dayton audio pucks on my rig
    2 at the front on pedals plate
    2 under seat
    2 in back seat

love simhub for driving the tactile effects and of course dashboard and overlay options

7. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Good idea to create this thread.

I'm wondering whether there is documentation from SimHub that explains every setting?

8. chris99

chris99 New Member

Some info on settings here: ShakeIt V3 Effects configuration · SHWotever/SimHub Wiki

I've got two Dayton pucks at the front and a single Dayton Bass Shaker BST-2 at the back with a 2-channel Nobsound amp. I just use gear change, wheel slip, rpms and road vibration but haven't managed to find settings that I like yet - needs a lot of trial and error, time and patience

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  9. RnageyRover

RnageyRover Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi All,
    Attached is my shakers profile for AMS2, Tuned for 4 BST-1, 1 in each corner.
    I'm really only interested in tyre slip, the rest I get from the game sound coming through the shakers.
    You might find it interesting, it's specific to AMS2.
    I'd appreciate any feedback if you try it out.
    RR

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Rangey!

Although i only have 2x, both under my seat. I will give this a go and let you know :)

Thanks
    Paul

11. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Only just started re-buliding my profile, have wheel spin dialled in for me uploading in case anyone feels to try.

Configured for 2 shakers, one front and one back.

Attached Files:

12. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Frustratingly the issue is still there, problem I'm finding using gain 10/100 is removing all wheel slip, certainly removes the ability to set a threshold (in my case 90%).

Not sure if the cause is with SimHub or AMS2 but after a little bit of testing, it's worse at some tracks than others; Cup Car and GT4 Ginetta at Brands are awful for it, but at Snetterton they're fine; really have no idea why the game is sending telelmetry for wheel slip on a level straight at all tbh.

13. martin mcclsokey

martin mcclsokey New Member

I’ve been trying this for weeks too, wheel slip /wheel lock just don’t work for me at all has anyone got them working good ? Rumble on kerbs and bumps work great thow

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wheel lock works well for me, have wondered the same though about wheel slip.

15. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use the following in my simhub profile for AMS2

Engine Vibration
    RPMS
    Gear Shift
    Road Impacts
    Road Vibration
    Road Rumble
    Wheel Lock
    Wheel Slip

They all work correctly as I've tuned each one individually when I set them up. Also wheel slip works when I'm under steering on my front shaker and wheel slip also works when the rear gets loose on my rear shaker.

16. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

I've got the same effects as you except I dont use engine vibration. Im running two shakers (front/rear) and I'm not sure what the guys mean by wheel slip not working, mine's working fine like yours. It's such a great addition to Sim racing, these shakers. So amazingly immersive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. martin mcclsokey

Hi guys what i mean is when going in a straight line wheel slip is sending a signal to my shakers,also when im off road on grass etc,but not on actual corners when my tyres a screeching.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to tune Wheel slip then. It doesn't work correctly out of the box with the default settings on any sim really. They are just defaults and each sim sends those signals differently. I had to tune each effect for every sim I use. Sure you can take the whole profile from one game and copy it to another so the frequencies for the effects are the same across the board but the other settings in each effect need to be tuned for each sim.

For my wheel slip and AMS2 I have the Threshold set at 15 so anything under 15 will not get sent to my shakers. I did this because on some tracks I was getting a constant wheel slip effect while driving in a line with no wheel slip on the car itself.

Also there is a calibration button at the top for predefined calibration or automatic calibration and it can be adjusted from left to right. (I use full predefined calibration because the automatic didn't work correct for me)

You need to go through each effect one at a time and tune them individually so you only hear / feel that effect without the others confusing you.

19. martin mcclsokey

Decker79 tyvm that’s what I needed to hear then ,,, il keep at the tuning see what I can do … dabbled a bit into tuning but I thought it couldn’t cure how bad mine was , il try tonight

• Like Like x 1
  20. martin mcclsokey

Hi guys ,, ok I tried for two hours still something funky goin on,,, lots and lots to adjust on wheel slip and I was getting close ,,, tried ABS and there isn’t much you can adjust but going over kerbs on abs Is sending a signal to my shakers ,,, then I tried to use Great apes config from few posts up on this page ,,,,, I noticed in sim hub his was a config for (shake it MOTORS )while my settings seem to work from shake it BASEshakers in the sim hub menu ,,, what’s difference between those two?