1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Content.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Drivers from all over the world or usually from the same continent?

3. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We do have a safety rating system in AMS2, the issue is that people aren't using it for their lobbies. I rarely see lobbies with SR requirements above F. Most lobbies are U100, which means no safety rating required.

There is consequences for being wrecker. They will not get anywhere near B or A as every contact and/or off-track excursion will prevent them from progressing in their license.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have seen the entire field intentionally wrecked by a B1600, just like there are people wrecking others on iRacing with Class A ratings. Safety ratings do not prevent intentional mischief, only stewarding and bans can do that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ricxx

The exception proves the rule. You should've asked them what happened. Sometimes it just looks like it's intentional. I've managed to wreck the front of the field too in T1, simply because I was distracted and completely missed my braking point.

The point is that if you're a troll or a wrecker you do not get the key to get into B or A lobbies. Somehow that guy must've gotten to B1600. Even if you just don't care and make multiple contacts in every race you're not going to progress either.

The SR could be so useful if only people started using it more in their lobbies. The few lobbies with higher requirements don't even get populated as much, I have no idea why. If you're B or A rated, why would you rather join a U100 lobby? That's a mystery to me.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So guys do we think we will get a RC in the next 3 or 4 days?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imo safety rating should be mandatory online. Why offer such system when nobody uses it? As debatable as Iracing is their system is great and works as intended in 90% of the races.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. sgsfabiano

If a lobby is set with a high safety ranking barely anyone will join in. Hell, if you set a lobby without arcade settings people don't even stay in.

A public lobby is not a place were you will find competitive/well behaved racing at all. Yea, sure enough someone will jump in and reply this post with "I had an amazing race yesterday in a public lobby". Mate, that is the exception, be glad you were fortunate enough to participate.

I recall when MPRS was first announced by Reiza a couple of users said it was useless and no one used it in PC2. Well, they were absolutely right.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

I m with you, MPRS isn t needed at all. Join a MP session means „have fun“ and means not „mess with the 5k€-equipment guys“. ACC MP is so,so serious and far away from „having fun“ IMHO.
    RL is the one you mess around

• Like Like x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully, but don’t believe so

11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I doubt we'd get an RC but I'd like to get some news on upcoming updates/content we're waiting on

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s call upon RENATO in seek of news!

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a big MP guy but I think something very similar to R3E would be good. Where you have ranked and unraked servers. Where the ranked servers are there to build up your safety rating and for more serious sessions and then have unraked servers for those that want to have fun and race more casually.

In reality it is gonna be tough to compete on any sort of level with Iracing and LFM in ACC and now LFM going to rf2 but that doesn't mean Reiza shouldn't try. I think taking the R3E format would be the right approach for AMS2.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

this is clearly blinkered thinking. What about the wrecker who first works to set himself a high level so he can get into more lobbies and do more damage that way?

15. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

It’s Mainly U.K., but there are a couple of Europeans racing with us. I know there’s no Aussies, because the lobby is too stable for there to be one in there haha

16. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

RC without Betatest? I think this would be a bit strange! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. James Lee GTE

We have to race with safety rating off because it prevents issues and bugs. That was the previous advice given and I haven’t seen an update to turn it back on.
    The AMS2 safety rating isn’t really a safety rating, if you compare it to iracing, raceroom and low fuel motorsport. It’s borderline pointless.
    It will only be of use if you want to join organised AMS2 or hopefully LFM lobbies in the future. But for now it’s as meaningless as it is pointless and a PC2 carry over at best.
    Password protected lobbies are great in leagues and against your favourite streamers. Public lobbies won’t be a proper thing until next year and will always be a gamble. You have to run low ratings or none just so you can get a grid going from what I’ve seen in the lobbies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. James Lee GTE

I got my rating to C and I’ve never competed in a public lobby. I got to C class by racing AI on line. I then got to 1522 by finding a chap on discord who needed to boost his score so he could join their C class races too.
    I’ve been on C1522 from 10 AI races and another two AI races with one other human.
    It’s a hugely flawed system and the ratings are utterly meaningless.
    I’ve done ten or more races in the new group I’ve joined, all of them rating turned off to protect lobby stability.

19. ricxx

Yeah but what's the thinking behind it? Why would you not join a lobby with higher SR requirements?

I think the supertroll kind of guy who's prepared to 'go the extra mile' and build up their SR just join and ruin races is just another exception. I mean how many people out of thousands of online players would be prepared to do that and how likely would it be to find yourself in the same lobby? And how likely is it to find wreckers in a Uxxx lobby?

You can also game the system in ACC e.g. because Kunos allowed people to improve their rating in offline races, and still I haven't seen a single troll or wrecker in online servers.

20. sgsfabiano

Because there are too few online drivers in AMS2, and even fewer with high SR. That is the reason.

• Agree Agree x 3