1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hotlap Thread!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lizardfolk, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

I've been driving a lot of AMS2 recently and greatly enjoying it. While online is a little sparse right now (currently looking for a league...) I've been going through time trial mode and honing my driving. Anyone else doing the same? Would love to see the community's hotlaps whether they are on the board or in a custom setting! I'll start with some of mine!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neem

Neem New Member

I have a little community that likes to hotlap... Perhaps you'd like to have a go at some of these?
    Team Time Trial (time-trials.co.uk)
    We have a monthly championship based on points scored in 4 Time Trials and a mid month 'Sprint' similar to 'Tour-de-France' Jerseys. We have some interesting features designed to preserve your Time Trial history, trends... all sorts of stuff. All whilst having a lovely community that is keen to help your technique....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Marcos Mirande

Marcos Mirande New Member

Very interesting Neem!

• Like Like x 1
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

I am a little confused:
    - you add @Neem as a steam friend
    - you look at the web page which track/car combo is used.
    - you use the normal time trial mode and drive
    - what is that thing with the TTT online server?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

Apologies for the framerate in those videos. Should have paid closer attention to them. I think I've found a good recording setting for AMS2 in my VR as I can't drive without it.

Found a full second to Adelaide GP in the 2000 CART

Hope the viewing experience is a lot better with this one :)

6. Neem

Neem New Member

hey there, so we use the normal Time Trial for 3 of our 4 competitions, but the 4th one is a multiplayer server set to Qualifying and you connect and hot lap on that. The website harvests the times and puts them on our website. What’s the point?

it means we can Time Trial at night or in the Rain (or both). Gives a little variety and the track conditions develop more.

• Like Like x 1