1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I Was born in the 70's growing up with my dad's Alfas, Porsche BMWs and Mercedes cars in the 80's and 90's. While formula 1 was as overhyped then as it is now (in my perception; The Lauda & Schumacher era) it was the DTM that always caught my attention... since the cars that raced there where the cousins of what we had parked in front of the house. I'm indeed dispappointet that the DTM/Group A is falling so short now in AMS2.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

It'd be anachronistic but maybe we could get the Sierra, or perhaps an additional Group A series that had some more variety of cars in it

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Must be the reason why you chose the number 73 for your Brumos themed profile pic and not 59 ^^

Yeah, the Sierra would be amazing, maybe also the Audi V8 Quattro. It was a bit OP in PC2, though.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean, i would love more old DTM cars in AMS 2, but the 2 cars we have right now are FANTASTIC.
    Before the new physics update, the M3 was horrible, but now, it's pure joy, definitely my favourite non-single-seater car in the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere & please point me in the right direction if so :)
    When reading this part of the update news regarding yellows >
    The system will receive further developments in the near future, with additions of a visible pace car, flag waving marshals and integration with the track’s lighting system; it will also offer components and regulation variables from the road racing side of things, such as virtual safety cars.
    Has this road variant VSC made it to the sim yet? or are the FCY's only active in ovals? I'm asking because I thought I saw a youtube vid of GT3s at spa and the yellow came out .? We are trying to test this for our league series so I fired up gt3s @ Imola (our next round) and in an off-line test with yellows on I took out 1/2 the field to see if they would come out but nothing happened except me and a few AI's cars were destroyed lol:D.. Thanks for any info :rolleyes:

6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have seen FCY in road races with a number of different cars. I have not seen a VSC style yellow yet where the gaps between positions remain.

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

VSC not available, but FCY is working on road courses, but you need to flip a car upside down to activate it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

VSC is not yet in the game.

FCY on road courses will trigger when a car is standing on the middle of the track after an accident has been detected or after big pileups that don't resolve again.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks guys!! Just the Info I was looking for, Cheers :)

10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think road vsc activates if two or more cars are crashed at one time. If one ai retired or breaks down (via amdm), then there is no fcy

11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In multiplayer, FCY can be a bit problematic. I like the idea of it and the strategy element, but given the skill level of most lobbies (even fairly clean leagues) you get situations where every lap is a caution.

Edit: I meant on road courses. For ovals the current setting isn't too bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

For me AI has one big problem and this is field spread. Eveen deep in the race AI field is fighting and slowing each other in groups of 3-4 cars. Therefore different AI pers
    performance/personality cannot be visible since fighting with a single AI car at the time in ams2 is rarity. If AI field spreds during the race as it should and AI cars start to lap with consistent pace corresponding to their skill then maybe different personalities would be visible. For me AI is heavy **** until this is sorted out.
    Btw. Original AC has got very good AI; I can run any class on any track with 98% skill level and have great race each time (in ams2 skill level adjustment is needed even for same class for different tracks). Most sadly game which is most known of online racing already has or will will have best AI in sim racing.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AC AI is just mindless bots driving around in a procession with zero attention paid to the player and they will dump you if you get in their way. I need to have both CC and a HeliCorsa active and I still can barely finish an AI race in AC without getting taken out.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True. The AI in AC is one of the very few weak spots in this great sim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Exactly, AC AI is very basic but it works. AMS2 AI in theory should be superior but in practice it does not work. It is sad to be here after almost 3 years of development.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hehe. I've been brainstorming about it as well. People just need to toggle it off when it's a 6-8 lap race. I had twice a FYC race.. Means every green light we got a FYC again because every lap people don't make it through T1 or T2.

For leagues and longer races with skilled people its a great feature.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love the full course yellows, hate the ghosted cars though, can we please have the option to turn off ghosted cars for folks who are capable of not driving into each other on Pace laps or under full course yellows, can't stand it!

• Agree Agree x 12
  18. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

I think from watching AI they also need work for ghosting off, but I would like to have no ghosting under FCY, I'd also prefer the AI to also be able to pit without ghosting as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Yep, agreed, at least have the option to turn it off and leave the option in there to turn it on for folks or senarios that need/want it. Its one thing I like about Rfactor, no ghosted cars, and the option of private qualifying if you really want it

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Im going live streaming a server for a bit, no full course yellows but everything else is full sim! Its public, no password! Lets have some AMS2 fun!