1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In the hud having the option to have displayed amount of fuel & average fuel consumption per lap (kind of like the hud in ACC).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can the audio crackles and static be fixed in replays mainly. The sound is a mess with it currently like this.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's already going on but isn't that easy to do. Would be most helpful if you could name a few examples, because understandably it's a big number of vehicles and not every car has it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Would be great if the AI overtakes at realistic spots. I do a lot of Group C racing in Spa 1993 and the AI always wants to overtake in Eau Rouge with sometimes leads to a major crash (I tried all aggression levels, they always do it. They are also much faster through there than I am). Maybe you could program areas where the AI is more likely to overtake than in others. Right now they overtaking where ever they want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When tyres are set to "Automatic", it would be nice if there was an additional information which tyres are chosen by game (Hard, Medium etc.).

For some cars, you have Slick d, Slick c, Slick b without any information which are the harder or softer compounds. An information on the UI screen would be helpful, too.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 8
  6. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i want them to take the WTCR licence from raceroom, or introduce another tcr licence, maybe tcr uk or something else

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Based on Game Build: all
    Request Title:

Advanced User FFB editor

Description:
    With the massive amounts of interests in customising FFB to suits one’s preference/hardware , be great if an advanced custom page for creation of a named user file -a selection of sliders with descriptions for the key variables of adjustibility ( loss of grip feel , suspension, rack-cornering force etc )

even if this is an add-on module or even DLC
    ( I’d pay )

Benefits: users could have the very best ffb suited to their preference & hardware something no other sim currently offers , no more hacking around at notepad files of which most of contents might as well be in Gujarati

• Like Like x 1
  8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Could be possible to a have a pilot ratings that really reflect the way people Drive ?
    There is more and more Forza or Mario kart players that ruins races or are very unfair and most of the Time both Pilots are penalized ( you and the #$#@@#)

Some contact can occur on close race or sometimes misteake happend it's ok, but people waiting on the Side of the track to hit people when they come, unfair people pushing you out of the track on the last lap to not loose a position, use your ass as a brake, driving through chicane on last lap to not be overtaked ( imola and Japan for example), driving In the grass to hit all distance signs juste to annoying people, ect, ect. ... So you are loosing points because of these unfair and toxic peoples as the point system is very generic on the way it works.

9. Stefan Denninger

Stefan Denninger New Member

Absolutely agreed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. rjc1629

rjc1629 New Member

Based on Game Build: all
    Request Title: Alternate gear shift assignments
    Description: It would be great to be able to bind an alternate set of gear up / gear down buttons so that you can switch back and forth between using the paddles and a sequential shifter, depending on the car. RaceRoom is currently the only sim with this capability.
    Benefits: Easily switch between paddle shifters and a sequential shifter

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i

If you happen to use Simhub (or JoytoKey or similar) you can bind both the paddle/sequential buttons to say X and Y and use those X and Y keys for your shifter mappings.

12. benvelor

benvelor Member

I would like to have a graphic filter for vintage racing, like shader, but as ingame option

• Like Like x 1
  13. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would indeed be a blessing and has often been desired but probably not wanted by Reiza. Currently you have to work with different profiles. If you want to change the profile in multiplayer because you want to change from sequential to paddle you have to leave multiplayer first to change the profile in the settings, very cumbersome.

14. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

I know AMS1 had a bunch of shaders, including some silly ones like make it look like a comic or a CRT screen, it would be nice to have them all back, even the silly ones

15. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Increase Grid size from 32 to 45 or more
    Benefit: Endurance races will be more disputed, with more traffic, see SPA 24 hours with a grid of 120 hours. Busy races with a larger grid.
    Cons: Bigger drops in FPS.
    In Assetto Corsa Competizione the starting grid already has 49 cars in SPA and the game is much heavier, I just wanted you to add a bigger grid of at least 45 to 52 cars for tracks with 32 cars.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Request: Please improve the cockpit camera
    Description: The cockpit camera is bouncy and disconnected - it's quite unlike anything else I have played (iRacing, rF2, ACC, R3E). Yes I've tried multiple settings - none of them are quite right. I thought I had something good, then drove the Nordschleife last night and had to stop after half a lap because I was getting sick (and I don't normally suffer from motion sickness).

Request: Improve in game HUDs
    Description: All HUDs fonts are too big. The Drivers standings are hard to pick out where I am in the standings without staring at the thing. I would like a simple current lap time, delta, best lap time (if there is one then someone tell me).
    In fact, all the HUDs need redesigning, they just don't give the sim the polished feel it deserves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

18. rjc1629

rjc1629 New Member

Good to know. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

The "reset car" function can be used in online racing and there is no option to set it off. (At least I can't find any). This is very disappointing when some unfair guys usually go off track and they are back on track in the blink of an eye. A simulator doesn't need this arcade function at all but at least there has to be a way to rule it. Please make it happen!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its there in case you get stuck in a gravel trap after you are yeeted by a t1 hero, a more frustrating dnf than anything else. I agree the option to disable it could be useful for leagues etc

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1