1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

cut.png
    This looks exactly like an online race to me, complete with "using all the track".

Attached Files:

• cut.png
      cut.png
      File size:
      989.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With all of the resent negative comments, I will make a positive one. IMO AMS2 is now the most complete sim currently on the market when you consider the entire package of physics, FFB, graphics, UI, AI, variety of vehicles and tracks, cost. The only weakness of AMS2 is the multiplayer but as other have pointed out, it actually has some strengths in terms of being very easy to setting up sessions that friends can join.
    Every other sim lacks in one or more of these aspects. ACC in variety, R3E in graphics and imo FFB, rf2 in graphics and UI, offline championships and DLC costs.. iRacing in costs, FFB road detail and graphics.

AMS2 is not perfect and the devs would agree but imo it is as close as we have currently to a “complete sim”.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe we will get an electric racecar. Volkswagen IDR or maybe the McMurtry. We even might get the Rimac. Just hope we will get an electric monster

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Please fix the AI for open wheelers in the rain. I have to quite and restart everytime it rains in a championship.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you try and pit for new tires? I had similar experiences of mysterious lack of grip for no valid reason and changing tires in the same session miraculously fixed it.
    I scientifically completed the whole stint pitted for fuel only and no change. I pitted again for new tires and they felt nowhere close to what they felt at the beginning of the whole session and had more than 2s additional pace. I was racing alone on track so really no rubbering from other cars happening. No reason whatsoever including track temp to justify it.
    It's like the sim loaded a set of dummy tires on me in the first stint.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The other day we were talking here how the Super V8 felt vague to drive for some people and not for others. It was weird for me some days ago and now it's just a blast to drive again. The only change I can think of is that I've been trying another custom FFB and now I got back to rFuktor. Any chance the weird vague feeling could be a Custom FFB problem?

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any idea if we should expect an update this month or are the crew having a A bit of time off?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I expect some kind of update on the Racin USA Part3, but maybe thats not solved.

I at least expect a road map for the end of the year of the season pass and some of the season pass content release as well.

9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

mtrs I was wondering
    I’m new to ams2 would like to try the formula trainer but it’s broke as hovers side to side + I’m also one of the ones that can’t use time trial of the week due to broken performance
    Not sure if the braking physics is being looked at too

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I didn't pit. All sessions were set to "heavy rubber". I always load my custom setup at the beginning of every session as well as whenever I restart a race. If I make any change to setup I always save it (temporary saves with * next to them seem to cause issues). In all my custom setups I choose the proper tyre type (setting tyres to "automatic by weather" seem to cause some issues).
    In AMS1 I know that I need to choose a new tyre set at the start of the race otherwise I start the race with used tyres from practice/quali but I'm not sure that's the case in AMS2.

Anyways, this seem to be a really random thing, I tried the same race later and after a couple of restarts car handled in a more predictable way:

EDIT: here's some more AMS2 randomness: earlier today when trying to do the above race I tried changing a few controller settings and for some reason the game changed transmission from manual to automatic without my consent and I had to set it back to manual in the options. A few minutes ago I was doing some laps with the Stock Car 2019 at Interlagos, I noticed the in-game wheel was barely moving even when I moved the analog stick all the way to the side and I was having trouble going around turns. After checking the gameplay options I realized the game had enabled opposite lock assist without my consent, I had to quit the session, go back to the main menu and disable it to get steering to go back to normal.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. I got that "incident" on the 5th day of loading exactly the same condition in preparation for a race later that week. I used exactly the same day, time of the day, rubber starting condition, car, car setup and for some reason I was 2s slower and tires got worn out with a ridiculous pace, almost 2x every other run in the previous days and the subsequent stints in that session and subsequent days too.
    When, in the very same session, I went into the pits and changed tires lap times became normal as did tire wear.
    The problem was clearly with that set of tires for some reason behaving oddly

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I was thinking maybe there will be a small update to fix some bugs from 1.4 and to include the limited tyre sets option that did not make it into the1.4 release

13. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Not quite the same, but I have noticed refuelling being switched off randomly, when i have never switched it off in single player, i always have to double check its still on.

14. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If it's anything like PC2 (and it is:rolleyes:) There is a random issue (or maybe it's supposed to be like this) that unless you actually go to the setup page and come back or you make a tire change in pits you will be on the same tires the whole time, try doing a 10-15 min practice session & exit out & start again and you can see the tires are down in ware right from where you left off (if you have the tire monitor icon up) simply exiting back to the garage won't reset your tires every time like the other sims... But, go to the setup menu & back & they are back to 100% zero ware without making any changes...This might explain some of the weirdness some players have with grip & sessions ...

• Informative Informative x 4
  15. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

The F-Trainer hovering is known and looked at as far as I know. It has to do with the tire treads development and adjustment. Some cars (especially the F-Trainers) will get further updates in this regard. Seems like this needed adjustment is the cause for a very floaty rear of some of the cars.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

People may not agree with me but I would love to see some fords added (Sierra,Capri maybe a focus TC).

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love the Ford GT for the GTE category.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I posted a few days ago about this . Personally I find it wanders all over the place in a straight line with the default ffb options. With the custom files it's much better, not perfect but certainly drivable.

19. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would prefer Group 5!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Honestly, Ford is the manufacturer that would be the most beneficial to add considering the classes we have in AMS2

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1