1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks for the info Alex .
    Yes I will give it a go this afternoon, noticed earlier that the file is tailored for belt drive wheels but it feels fantastic on my direct drive.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. vava74

vava74 New Member

Hi, I am not a AMS2 "fan", but I have been checking its evolution since early 2021, periodically checking progress (and I am happy to see that there has been steady improvement).
    I have a Moza R9 and under recommendation from Studio 397, for rFactor 2, I set these settings on the Moza software:
    Basic Settings
    - Maximum steering angle: 1440 - Road Sensitivity: 10 - Game Force Feedback Intensity: 100 - Maximum Speed of Steering Wheel: 10 - Mechanical Back-to-center Strength: 0 - Mechanical Damping: 0
    Advanced Settings - Professional Game FF Intensity: 100 - Maximum Output Torque Limit: 100 - Natural Inertia: 0 - Mechanical Friction: 0 - Speed-dependent Damping: 0 - Start Point of Speed-dependent Damping: 0
    FFB Equaliser: - All flat, at 100%
    As I believe AMS2's FFB has now more tyre information and the Moza R9 feels brilliant without effects, I have just tried this on AMS2 and with only the "Gain slider" above zero (ie. all others AT ZERO), the FFB felt really promising, not only on Default+, but interestingly enough, also on Default.
    I also erased my previous Custom file (a silver raw) and let the game generate a blank one, and it also felt very nice.
    Default felt a bit "choppy" but with more brake feel; Default+ felt a bit more smooth but a bit number on the brakes.
    Custom (blank) felt less busy and I believe it will please people that prefer to have a more "calm and precise" driving (I like the immersion of a busy FFB if and when it feels logical).
    Overall, I am now keen to make a more in depth test.

As a side note, I believe that AMS2 has come a long way, BUT has a major issue with the braking (too competent and removed from the car dynamic and inertia in my opinion).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With my old file the latest sim update made some of the f1 cars feel too tame when they should really be raw and shake the fillings from your teeth, not quite there but the new one is better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

What's the difference between ffb files with and without yaw? How's the yaw used in the ffb calculation?

5. grandpa

grandpa New Member

Best settings beside the standard settings for my CSW 2.5 .Fei is on 50 enough for my taste.
    Thx Alegunner

• Like Like x 1
  6. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

interesting about the braking
    I wonder if devs are looking at it?

7. Stefan Denninger

Stefan Denninger New Member

Hi all!

I tuned the Tumi tune of the rFuktor 5.0.1.3. by Karsten with Shadak, Panos and Kuku to my taste for the DD2 Wheelbase.
    I specifically tried to get more load and suspension feel as well as the feel of grip loss when going over hills and loosing traction in general. The other files around all felt well and were super easy to drive but not as immersive as i wanted - very subjective, i know....

These are my settings:

Fanatec DD2 WB
    SEN auto
    FFB 50-60
    FFS peak
    NDP 5-10,
    NFR off
    NIN off
    INT 3
    FEI 50-80
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100

in Game settings:
    Gain 50
    LFB 4 (0-10)
    FX 25 (20-35)
    Damper 40 (25-50)
    Spring 10

Try it out and feel free to give me your thoughts.

I am still trying to get the complete feel of grip loss when going over grass but am not able to find the specific values in the file - maybe someone can help solinge this issue...

Greets!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

you can increase the Slide factor further down inside the file.
    (slide_factor 0.88)
    Higher values make the feeling of slip earlier.
    Stock standard is 0.90 from original renditions.

this is an overall effect , not specific to grass , but I’ve never heard anyone say the grass isn’t slippery in Ams2 :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stefan Denninger

Hi Kuku! Thank you for your answer! I got the feeling with many variables that turning them up actually decreases the feeling i wanted to change… confusing!
    Try the file! Grass is NOT slippery

10. Kuku Maddog

I see what you mean. the feeling is suspension and load dominated, therefore tire feel is being drowned out imho.

Its also not the original 5.0.1.3 file as shipped by Karsten, it appears to have had some code added and some missing ,
    example
    (front_grip_loss_feel 1.0) #How much front grip loss decreases feel of grip
    This isnt going to change anything, as its not connected to anything in file.
    it has no function.
    also see some big increases and decreases in some scales. Try to make smaller incremental changes.

This is the original, and is a very well-rounded file, though it can produce oscillations .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Denninger

Thanks for the reply! How can i get more front grip loss feel then? I dont want to drive on rails but the standard and standard + on the other hand feel to loose and to much self aligning…

12. Stefan Denninger

Hey Kuku!

Could you please give me some hints on how i can get more front-end-feel in your overall great file? It really is the only thing i am missing. When i go over hills i want the front end to get light, also the feel of loosing traction (on the front, since the steering wheel is connected to the front).
    Please help!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Which file are you referring too ?
    As mentioned above you can increase slide factor to 0.9.
    But if that doesn’t do enough, then you might need to fiddle with slip_crossover_pos , and _width , but only make Small changes and see how it feels to get a sense of how it effects it.
    Others things you can try is to lower rear_end_ feel so that it’s less influence on the balance . ( I’ve actually been running that lower a bit myself recently with the cars I’ve been trying to wrestle around tight tracks )

I generally don’t have any issue of not feeling these moments you seek on my wheel base , but it’s not a Fanatec , they seem to have a few different filters etc.

You may need to lower damper perhaps ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stefan Denninger

I am using the file you posted yesterday. Are you using the same one?
    I‘ll try adjusting the values you suggested.
    Thanks alot!

15. Kuku Maddog

No that’s the original and correct version of 5.0.1.3 from Karsten.
    I use a retuned one to my liking found in the link in my signature.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Val Hoggard

Val Hoggard New Member

Howdy folks! I picked up some reversed ffb when using the rfuktor 5.0. Im using my old faithful G27 wheel; which just loves me to scratch his back with these nice ffb files! It livens him right up! And even more so when I press Right Control + 8 on the numberpad of my keyboard. If like me, your pet wheel might be using the Realfeel plugin, this key sequence will reverse the affects.

17. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

The default ffb_custom_settings.txt has no relation with both Default or Default+ profiles.

18. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Quote (from Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations) :
    • DEFAULT profile adds on top of this base steering torque: damping, friction, few sources of vibration with a small amount of chassis "seat of pants“ feedback (mainly yaw)
    • DEFAULT+ as per the name, this is the same as the above plus some drop-off from understeer as front tires reach a critical sliding point, and slightly more chassis feedback added to the mix from lateral & longitudinal acceleration for a feel of the car´s weight transfer as load shifts in different stages of a corner. Default+ also features drivetrain vibration / pulses while the vehicle is stationary or moving slowly which directly relates to the vehicle engine configuration ( whether a 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine, how many cylinders it has and at which architecture).
    • CUSTOM as shipped with the game is just barebones steering torque acting around steering (kingpin) axis. No road vibration feedback, no damping, no friction - this profile however is editable by a user via the ffb_custom_settings.txt file located in Documents/AMS2/. Please note this is NOT customizing any of the Default profiles above, but rather allowing users to write their own FFB script using LISP-like syntax.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Copied this from the latest beta Forum;
    • Addressed an issue that could lead to default red vehicle skins for users with very large custom FFB scripts.
    • FFB SCRIPTS: Exposed rear wheels "slide" & "stretch" metric to ffb script; Changed "offtrack" collision metric to "crashing", added additional crash metric "spinning"; Added wheel vertical G's metric for all 4 wheels
    Haven't tried it out yet, but a great step for Reiza to take. Maybe now no more crashes. Hope so.

EDIT::: No more CTD with the latest Beta, even with old 1.3.3.4 files which caused all the problems.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Hello everyone. I am looking for some advice on fanatec V3 pedal vibration and setup. According to the fanatec spread sheat, AMS2 supports tire lockup for braking and sends the vibration to the pedal.

THe only vibration working on the pedals are rev limiter and suspension.

I do not have a fanatec wheel base. I am using these pedals with T300.

I hope it is not to off topic to ask what brake sensitivity and force people are using for the V3 pedals. Coming from the basic gas, clutch, brake setup of the older thrustmaster pedals, these new ones are going to take some getting used to.