How DRS system works with .gmt ??????

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Alejandro Lopez, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Alejandro Lopez

Alejandro Lopez New Member

Hello guys, I need help to make 3D of DRS work.

In rFactor, we had headlights which made possible to have visual DRS working in-game.

The question is: How I make DRS to work visually in Automobilista?

I can ask it like this too: What are the differences between the visual DRS of rFactor and the visual DRS of Automobilista?

I am converting a F1 2012 mod from rFactor to Automobilista and it uses the headlights DRS system. It is working properly in-game, but of course its not working with the physical DRS, so it is just acting like a normal headlights system..

What I have to change to make it work? I can't find any information of this on internet.

After looking some .gmt files I just noticed that the DRS model of Automobilista includes both headlights models (on and off). At this momment I think your DRS system works by joining both headlights 3D models and changing the mapping names or something like that.

Could you please explain me how to make it work?

Thanks.

2. Alejandro Lopez

Please I need help :(

3. Alejandro Lopez

I found how to do it after investigating the .GMT files...
    All I had to do is just to merge both headlights models, HLGLO_DS and HLGLO_PS, in one single file.
    After doing this, you have to rename it to <12>_RWING_DRS.GMT where <12> are the first 2 letters of the GenString of the car.

And also, remember to add this line in the Rear Wing section of graphics.gen:

MeshFile=<12>_RWING_DRS.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(125.0) ShadowReceiver=True Shadowcaster=(True, Solid, 64, 64)

Thanks for nothing xD :D

I hope this will help other people.

• Like Like x 1