1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow ERS mode toggling

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BartZ, Oct 2, 2022.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I find switching ERS modes very slow. Basically toggling more then one level quickly does not work - the game ignores the second input. I have to switch once, wait a bit and then hit the toggle again.
    I think same applies to TC and ABS levels. It's a little frustrating. Is it my setup or a feature? ;)

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Works fine for me.

3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After your reply I went back to the sim (at 12am LOL) to figure this out. I was using VoiceAttack with a key assigned to a wheel button and that key to ERS. Once I mapped that button directly in game problem solved.
    I still cannot understand why there should be a difference. As for as a game knows a key is being pressed and there's no limitations in frequency with VoiceAttack. Maybe AMS2 doesn't like keyboard keys but this makes not much sense either.

To sum up, it's fixed but I haven't got the foggiest why :confused:

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Maybe there is some lag between VoiceAttack and AMS2?

I have no experience with VoiceAtack, but use Joy2Key where I mapped my paddles and stick shifter to keyboard keys for sequential shifting, and at least there I never had any issues with missed button presses, even if I shift really fast. Could still be slower than what you need tho.