1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Have the same issue with weather too. If i choose a race with e.g 2 weather slots - the first one sunny and the 2nd rainy - at the time it starts to rain for me it's impossible to drive (any car) i ve chosen. AI instantly surpasses me and for me is like driving in ice.

And this issue is car and track independent (as far as i ve seen)

2. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Have to say, this instance for me was on slicks, same as the AI.

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I was on slicks too. Started with sun then on lap 3 rain started. I was driving on ice (on the contrary ai was like driving on tarmac)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

With a full wet track on Slicks it it is normal you have the feeling to be on Ice , yours tires literally floating, also after a times tire cooldown which reduce as well the grip. I can Tell you by experience that Slicks on grass is like Ice as well.
    Grippy AI is another story

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Smth is wrong with weather transitions.

For example 5 lap race with 2 weather slots. Slot 1=clear, slot 2=rain

When it starts to rain (eg after lap 2), it feels like it has been raining for hours and the track is full wet at no time. But even then, you just cant drive (with slicks). There is a difference between i m sliding (with slick tyres on wet) and i cant even drive.

In my case, the latter happens. And yes ai wet grip is an issue too. Those 2 things should be balanced ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Indeed. . depend how the track is wet .. wet or flooded will make a big difference with slicks

7. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Very true, but at the moment the track gets flooded within 1 lap sometimes, even with normal rain

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Yes that could be a problem ..

Here is a Ford Capri on a wet ( but not flooded) track

Hopefully some Capri or 320 group5 Will be available one day on AMS2

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

That sounds like what happens with high time acceleration where it goes from dry to boating, quickly due to the rain functionally falling at a rate of rain x accelerated time, so theoretically a fix to one would fix both

10. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Ginetta GT4 (other GT4 variants are fine)
    Version 1.4.1.3.2157
    Report: External sound has strange changing behaviour in outside views roof and bonnet.
    Video proof:

Twitch

11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please provide your in-game gfx settings.. Thanks!

12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, I'm away from home for the whole month. The only two settings I know for sure I use are shadows off and no AA.

If anybody who run into this issue could please report it instead.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Hi,

I have this issue from Time to Time as well here are my settings if it can help ( running VR all the Time)

From post processing Filter
    Off
    Discret
    Discret
    On
    Off
    Yes
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not only the transitions, the visual and physical representation is wack as well. It shows light rain but the track keeps drying while the rain keeps falling and it doesn't look like light rain at all, more like heavy. I am using normal time progression as well, so its not an issue of time acceleration. I mean if it was a light drizzle then it's fine, but no way a track will dry up to the point of using slicks, if it started wet with light rain.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Bonjour, j'ai un bug de son avec le Metalmoro MRX Duratec P4 en mode vue replay.

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The weather slots currently are way too long. If you have two weather slots they are both an hour long, which then gets compressed 10-20x to fit into a short race of 5-10 minutes. That then means the Livetrack updates at 10-20x time acceleration, which means instant flooding within seconds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When driving a car without all weather-tyres but which has slicks in changing weather conditions, many cars are immediately undriveable when surface starts getting wet after rain has come. You gotta crawl to pits. Ok for me, Formula cars are hard to control with these tyres in wet conditions.
    But the AI, also on slicks before their stop, still drives like on rails, just as if the track was dry. This bug was also there in those horrible Project Cars games and still exists in AMS 2.
    The AI should suffer from grip loss on wet tracks going with slicks the same way the player does.

18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: WWT Gateway Oval
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 3, Reynard-Toyota
    Applicable Settings: Full tank, dry weather
    Report: Right Front Tyre wore down to 0%, with no severe impact on either pace during the process, as the grip loss was compensated with fuel burn and was setting better laptimes through the stint. When the tyre actually reached 0%, there was no blowout nor severe grip loss. I could have kept lapping and lose a couple tenths per lap only.
    Steps to reproduce: Load said combo (I think it happens with all kinds of cars, but an oval combo reproduces it much faster), fill the tank and go lapping until you empty it, no setup changes required. If you only care about lapping as fast as possible instead of managing rubber, you will wear down the RF completely some 8-10 laps before emptying the tank (which should last for about 64-65 laps).

19. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: WWT Gateway Oval
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 3, Reynard-Toyota
    (This seems to happen with any kind of combination, just relating to my latest experience)
    Applicable Settings: Online race, P2P lobby, 13 drivers, 230ms of ping
    Report: Lost sync from 11 of the 13 participants. They did not see me clicking ready before race start, was a lap down right from the go, and did not register one single laptime on their ends, even though I was racing on the pack with them and there weren't big lag situations (just some cars turning ghosts here and there, nothing unusual in AMS2, definitely not ideal though). Same thing happened on my end, where I only had timing from one driver.
    Steps to reproduce: From experience, this seems to happen more on P2P connections where there are several drivers (+10) and pings are above 200. Would have to join a league from far away which uses Dedicated to find out if it happens regardless of the lobby type.

20. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I actually noticed the same behavior with GT3 on spa. I was expecting tire to fail or deflate or something... However I did only a half lap with both front tire on 0% then the race ended. Dunno if There is a grace preriod before something bad happend.
    Saying that I would not expect a drastic lost of GRIP with tire on 0% ( again I don't know how reiza coded this logic), I ve Drive with degraded slicks tires where the tire metalic Matt was visible on some area ( no abs car) and except vibration it was not like drastic loos of GRIP. However I would expect at one point leak or a Blow tire after a time

• Like Like x 1