1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

0% on the telemetry/HUD doesn't mean 0% tread left, it's more like 50% wear. It's been like that since PC1:

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Interesting.. thanks for the hint .. this is a bit misleading

Crewchief seems rely on hud data.

I Will pat attention next Time but I think with 0% I was not able to maintain lap time as in PC1 vidéo

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much. So the bug would not be what the actual tyre physics are doing (although is quite debatable if atm is not wearing nearly as much as it should, can that be solved with a multiplier though?) but what the HUD is showing. Could that be fixed?

4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No worries.. This happens both in VR & triples..?

5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Triples for sure.

In VR it used to happen, but I have not used my VR headset for the last year, so no idea if the latest builds have this issue.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I can confirm it happend on latest build with VR

7. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe New Member

I'm very relieved to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the AI is a bit OP in the wet, I've experienced that and thought it was down to AI settings or myself just not going fast enough. I'll put two reports into one post, just so I don't double-post on this thread - as I came across another issue.

Track & Layout Used
    : Watkins Glen
    Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings: Rainy Weather
    Report: AI seems to be overpowered with grip in Wet conditions, compared to the player.
    Steps to reproduce: Run a wet session at Watkins Glen. AI strength should be at 88, AI should immediately catch up to/pass the player in the first sector/uphill esses of the track.

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Kart Two
    Car Used: Kart GX390 Race
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report 1: Kart sinks into the ground on a pit stop - in VR this is quite noticable as there's a bit of a "jump" every few seconds.
    Steps to reproduce Report 1: Make a pit stop as normal, once completed, go to the replay and check the replay cameras, the Kart should be in the ground.

Report 2: AI flips on two corners on the track.
    Steps to reproduce Report 2: Put AI settings to 113 strength and Medium aggression. AI flips on both the 8th(?) and final corner.

Report 3:
    AI generates a random smoke screen under FCY conditions.
    Steps to reproduce Report 3: Wait for the AI to flip/Wait for a FCY to trigger, AI should be "locking" the front tyres and generating a smoke screen under FCY conditions.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Monaco Tarmac terrorist live stream
    whilst spectating this car out of full house/grid
    Car behaviour all race and no damage as well (at least from spectate view and I believe damage was on. T T will confirm and with settings

Report 2
    + Tried to join 2nd race and server did not show. game restarts and refresh and still no server.
    Server was Full could this be why?.
    Server was also not visible to others to either join or spectate

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  9. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Track & Layout Used:GT3 championship
    Car Used:BMW M6
    Report: Bugged race results. Results in the leaderboard after the race have nothing to do with the actual race results. Tha ruins the scores. Then, in the main menu, scores are completeley different again.
    Steps to reproduce: I don't know. Might have been because of restarting races a lot trying different things.

10. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Another one from same championship:
    Track & Layout Used
    :GT3 championship
    Car Used:BMW M6
    Report: in race, rolling start is messed up. Car starts in pole no matter qualy results, so you get a penalty. It fixes itself after restarting the race.

11. toml01621

toml01621 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring 24 hours
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Unable to add ghosts when in time trial mode. I can add ghosts on other maps
    Steps to reproduce: Go to time trial >> choose the 2nd nurburgring map (24 hours varient) >> click add ghost >> try to pick a user from the leaderboard and nothing happens

12. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola
    Car Used: Mercedes AMG GT3
    Applicable Settings: Single Race, Quali session, Dry, Medium Cloud, Identical cars
    Report: When viewing an AI car in a Quali session (in Cockpit cam - Monitor mode) for quite some time (I nipped away to make a tea), I noticed how that, when I returned the view to my own car and went out for a run myself, the tyres on all four corners on my HUD were showing as slightly worn, as though I'd been doing some running. I immediately returned to garage and went out again to see if the problem persisted, but thankfully the tyres had returned to 'as new' condition, as you might expect when going out for the first time. I then repeated this sequence of viewing an AI car in Cockpit cam and returning to my own car to go out, and the same thing happened again.
    Steps to reproduce: Single race mode, Quali session, Monitor, Cockpit cam (watch for a while), exit Monitor to return to own car, exit Garage, view HUD.

P.S. I also noticed some Audio issues whilst viewing the AI in Cockpit cam. The engine sounds, in particular seemed to be missing, intermittently.

13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the wall echo was introduced I have this experience with several cars in cockpit view during normal racing, as if engine sound is limited/compressed every now and then especially in corners.

14. andylugs

andylugs New Member

Track & layout used: Any.
    Car used: Caterham 620R.
    Applicable Settings: Any.
    Report: Default settings unequal for rear slow bump and slow rebound left and right sides. Min and max values different for left and right sides.
    Steps to reproduce: From setup page, suspension settings, click ‘Reset to Defaults’.
    B0AE9A03-96A8-4BA5-BB73-9B4E6EDE7E6D.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe New Member

EDIT: Today I learned that the desktop's HUD scale - only when driving - when launching in Oculus VR mode is actually based off the Oculus render resolution settings. So 0.6x squishes it so it's all on screen, 1.3x is why I see barely any of it on desktop. I'm not sure if that's intended but that's very strange.

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: HUD is overblown on desktop when launching in Oculus VR mode, but appears fine in headset.
    Steps to reproduce: Just launch the game in Oculus VR mode, load up any session, and the HUD should be oversized on the Desktop monitor, but should appear fine in the headset.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  16. Tex

Tex New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Porsche 911 RSR-19 GTE
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Since the 1.4 update the tank capacity has changed from 97L to 120L giving an unfair advantage in endurance races, as the others in class have 93-96L still. Sorry for posting this here if it was intentional.
    Steps to reproduce:

• Like Like x 3
  17. ChrisC

ChrisC New Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a bug but it would seem an error.
    Porsche GTE has a 120L tank, should be 97L in real life I believe. Has become an issue in an endurance league I am currently in. Thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Spanish translation error: "suspensción" instead of suspensión. Somehow, the first line is rigth XD
    Steps to reproduce: go to edit pit strategy menu
    AMS2AVX 2022-10-10 20-41-03.jpg

There are other many missing items in spanish and a lot that just don't fit and are a guess... Maybe I'll make a list to post another day.

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Please can you take a look at the pit stops. Sometimes the mandatory pit stop does not work for offline races (races defined by a number of laps). Sometimes the AI stops and doesn't change anything, sometimes the AI does more pitstops than necessary...it ruins the race.
    Wouldn't it be possible to add an option like "tire change" or "fuel only"...? Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal
    Car Used: DPi-VR
    Applicable Settings: TT Mode
    Report: Seems there is a missing track cut area on this track. I found it accidentally after outbraking into the final chicane and cut across it instead. I managed to get to the line without any track cut penalty and scored the top time in doing so (please delete my time here, if it's possible).
    Steps to reproduce: Cut the final chicane at Montreal in TT mode, somewhere over the long yellow kerbs, between the sausage kerbs and the run off area.