1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

Ooh! A slider for tyre sound please! It's so loud in the wet with no way to adjust it (that I found)

2. gray

gray New Member

Stream Enhancements (exposure/sales generating!)

Broadcaster custom camera track locations
    Allow broadcaster to assign track camera locations to key binds.

Broadcaster custom camera car locations
    Allow broadcaster to assign car aligned/tracked camera locations to key binds for more dynamic shots. e.g. 3/4 view, directly above.

Make driver penalties available to broadcaster

Ability for streamers to see track limit warnings, flags, drive through etc.

Make car telemetry available to broadcaster

Add tyre lap age as a visible metric
    Number of pit stops
    Car position delta since grid start
    Tyres, engine, aero damage optionally available

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

an external interface would be great.Then you could control it by a custom interface, via web or eg. from a streamdeck. 3rd party developers would put much effort in it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another plea for better broadcasting tools. For AMS2 to gain more traction, professional broadcasting tools including external interfacing is vital. Directly select camera viewpoint (including the dynamic shots), incident replays, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Without this, AMS2 just won't get the widespread adoption that they really need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Has anyone mentioned that you can't move/scroll up/down with the DPAD on the class selection screen? Reaching for the mouse in VR is pretty annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

(IK screenshot is old but the track hasn't changed)

Hockenheim 2001 has fanatec logos around Sachs corner. upload_2022-9-7_19-23-13.png

Obviously this is nnot authentic for the real event which had Mobil1 branding above the stand and bridgestone below it

upload_2022-9-7_19-26-45.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This was probably said before but correct revs and gear displayed in replays for other cars would be nice. Right now other players' dash display neutral with revs synced to the player who's recorded the replay.

9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

As a VR only user the replay system is close to broken, even pressing the different views stops working, there also needs to be a TV style view added, shame because AMS2 looks visually very nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Noisy

Noisy New Member

A wee update I'd like to see is this possible layout at Gateway. It can technically be used by selecting the Long road course and just taking oval turn 1, skipping the first hairpin section but it only works in test run mode as the AI still go around the hairpins. Not sure if it's used irl but its fun to hotlap on at least. I've photoshoped a screenshot to show what I mean.

Attached Files:

11. Noisy

Noisy New Member

Also speaking of tracks, can we have the tyre barriers at the last turn replaced with cones at Fontana road course? Sometimes i'll be following the AI in a race and and they'll go wide and clip the tyre wall and come to a complete stop. Gives quite the jump scare.

12. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

Is it intended that the 911 RSR 2019 now has 120L gas tank? It used to have a 97 tank according to the car info spreadsheet as well as ams2cars.info, but now it has a hefty advantage in longer races that's much larger than GTE regulations

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

For me one of the little things that really needs to be addressed is the set up screen losing the mouse...

Changing pages on the advanced set up screen can turn off all of the up/down buttons on all of the available set up options making it impossible to change the set up... The only way I can get it to work as it should is to flip from page to page until I can edit the available set up options... The mouse arrow still exists, it just cannot click anything on the set up page aside from changing to another page or leaving the set up screen...

This is something that has bugged me for years and now that the physics are in a happy place the quality of life is becoming more and more important...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

• Remove the "engineer speech" from game options, and just make a collaboration with the CrewChief team (that's way better than any ingame crew I've seen, with the exception of the original GRID maybe)
    • When going into pits during practice and qualifying, I can't really go inside the garage. The only way is through the menu, that just teleports you inside. That's really immersion breaking.
    • Show somewhere which pit box we use (I had to enter the pits twice in a couple races because my box was the first and the stop sign didn't show up on time)
    • Finally add a cinematic for pit stops! The animations are there (mostly)!
    • Increase the HUD mirror size or at least give us two options
    • Make a pdf manual with car calsses info, the one on display is pretty limited

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. LewisBloom

LewisBloom Member

A massive pet peeve hopefully easy quick fix,...

Online server lobby settings are not saved. A royal PITA as all other online settings for a lobby are saved, car, track, session settings everything except the damn lobby name page in which you have to manually type it in every time. Would be great if the MP host screens had the consistency in which all of it is saved. not 98% of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

This is apparently by design (but I don't like it). It was mentioned by the commentators during the last AMS2 Community Cup (although I don't know the exact time stamp).

17. benvelor

benvelor Member

i'd like single car in the same class power setting, just like old geoff crammond's game
    so, for i.e., in Formula V12, we can have fastest and slowest car, not only depending by IA driver abilities
    and for player's car too, feeling the difference driving a car or another

18. benvelor

benvelor Member

free camera in livery preview

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Hit take photo and it becomes a free camera.... ;)

20. benvelor

benvelor Member

really?? :confused:
    thanks mate, you have made my day :cool: