1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

im glad to see more ppl requesting that
    the 1990's JGTC and modern Super GT's woulda fit very well in the game. and i'd kill to have the mazda 787B in game

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did the update schedule change? Now is it every two months?

3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Neither the first time nor the last.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Officially it's supposed to be every 4 to 6 weeks, but you know how reiza sticks to their schedule :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Afaik nothing spectacular in the beta to wait for, though, so I wouldn't expect huge news.

Obviously I could be proven 100% wrong, which would be amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Ngl some of you guys have grown a dangerous addiction to updates of this SIM.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's a side effect of a greater disease a lot of us suffer from known as "too much free time", give us a break :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice, V nice! And In the meantime, I sure as hell am enjoying what AMS2 can do right now, worts n all, but what it can do already is pretty fecking amazing! And sooooo much fun!

• Like Like x 7
  9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Ive downloaded some skins from raceroom for formula Vee but the file looks like a notepad file
    When I try to decompress it just wants to compress it
    The download I did for f1’s was fine just a normal zip file

is there something else to do with the file that appears to be a notepad file ? It’s all gibberish inside not readable

10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

It's propably packed in another format than zip, like rar or 7-zip. Windows can only handle zip files, for other types you need to download a program to unzip them. What is the file extension?
    Edit: I use a program called 7-zip File Manager to unzip other types than .zip files

• Like Like x 1
  12. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

In all honestly, we have to realize the development-cycle-tied-to-economics of video games has changed significantly over the past decade and a half, and DLC is here to stay. The cost of developing a new title is expensive, given the size of teams required today even with a small studio, and the expectations the consumer has on quality, visual, content, and so on. it makes more financial sense to extend the life of a good product by keeping existing players paying, and attracting new players with an ever increasing roster of content.

In my experience however, I'm okay with that if such DLC brings value and longevity to the game! Certainly over the past decade I've sunk maybe $100-120 in DLC for rFactor 2, but the game has been a staple of my 'playlist' for over a DECADE. In yesteryear, we may have expected an annual release, or semiannual release simply for getting new features, as well as bug fixes for prior releases. The same can be said of AMS 2, which has been out for what, 3 years now? I'm very satisfied for my [affordable] purchase of the DLCS, in particular the Racin' USA champ car content, because it has added significant value to my experience, as well as longevity.

It may be a little scary to suggest we have spend $200 or more on a single title, but by contrast, we could be spending $40 on several, annual titles. I certainly remember when we would say, "well this release sucked, I hope next year's release [which I'll be paying another $40 for] is better."

I also realize I'm looking at this perhaps through rose tinted glasses, but this development --> release model is here to stay, and is leaps and bounds better than the micro-transaction hell that is permeating many modern games. Reiza, please don't ever make me pay $0.50 to restart the race :).

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Je pense avoir un retour sur mon investissement avec 978h

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont mind paying more, if its a great sim where I spend hundreds of hours with friends.

I also have another perspective: I've spent ca 10 thousand on my sim rig. So whats a few hundred more to run it with more content, instead of less content. I know everyone is not in this position.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Do we think the dirt map is too sensitive still?
    This is my car after 15 laps at Road America with no off-road excursions. Seems a bit to dirty.
    On the other hand, I LOVE the subtle damage to the bonnet, after a minor bump and grind in the early laps.
    How good is that?!
    ss215514.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just went through mij head, wat has happened to the Nissan cars that were shown? Was there a thing with Nissan?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dunno. Would be great to fill out the classes with the Nissans.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think it was mentioned that the Nissans/Astons are being held off for a major update including them so they get more spotlight instead of just being additions like the Copa Mini

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some more group c would be great.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh the Copa Mini is a joyous beatie indeed! I love it! Must take it out on the server one night!
    Infact last night we had an amazing close race in the original Austin Mini (with the vintage tires) at Historic Hockenhiem Short. Its a great track for these, and they feel so good now on the latest tire & physic's update!
    Nearly 20 of us and really close racing! Will try again with Copa Mini, (cheers for reminder). Here's last nights stream, skip to 2:48:13 in the video for that exact race if you wanna see!