Is it possible to adjust look glance?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Bobby T, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Bobby T

Bobby T New Member

Not sure if right place for this but is it possible to edit the look glance angle in a config file or something. I play in triple screens and don't like to use any HUD. I like the immersion of using the cars own display. On some cars I cant quite get enough of the top or bottom in view. I mapped Look Up and Look Down to buttons on my wheel. My issue is that I only want to look down a bit occasionally, as currently configured the Look Down shows the wheel to my feet and I lose the road. In AC I've been able to adjust this to a smaller angle in a config file, hoping to do the same in AMS2 since I use it much more than AC now but haven't been able to find where.

Thanks Bobby

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

I was looking for this before i got a trackir. Sadly i dont think its possible to edit

3. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes you can adjust these angles. I haven't edited them for years but I don't see why they wouldn't still work. (I used to adjust the glance rate so that it glanced there and back much more quickly, as well as slightly less up and down, and slightly more when looking sideways).

Look in the Documents folder for your Automobilista/USERDATA folder, find the PLR file in your name, and edit it with notepad.

Down the page you'll see
    Glance Rate="18.08000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
    Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Leanahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Look Roll Angle="0.75000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Glance Angle="0.75000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Lookahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lookahead (yaw) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
    and much more.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Thank you!