1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do elections affect Reizas workflow?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So people not being able to have realistic expectations requires Reiza to waste their time to provide constant updates? Every time they post something is being over-analysed anyway (like @Marc Collins mentioned above) so that'll move the problem elsewhere and they would have to spend even more time straightening it out. We've all seen it here plenty of times sadly.

I agree, more communication would be nice, but in reality it's just not worth the effort when a large portion of the audience is not ready for a meaningful conversation.

I prefer Reiza to focus on what really matters which is AMS2, not communications around it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think your going to the other extent here, like i said, just a short message: No update this month, as we need to polish some more before releasing.

That literally took me 5 seconds, and the (new) paying customers know they arent being forgotten...lol.

it doesnt have to be any more, i wasnt talking about constant updates as in every second,minute,hour,day,week, nothing constant about that i reckon

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They did that last month that they'll skip the monthly update. What if they plan to release something soon?

We've been spoiled by their transparency for years but it's a terrible burden for them, given what happens on this forum, even after Marc explained the lack of comms. It's not a problem with Reiza, it's a problem with us as a community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roy Niessink

I must have missed something then, as i thought that was about monthly physics updates not being done anymore

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyway... Toasters guys, what kinda of toasters do you prefer? My grandma has one of those ones where the tray folds down, and you toast your bread one piece at a time. Very odd.

• Creative Creative x 2
  7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Never use the toaster, I put things under the grill as we have homemade bread and slicing it so it will fit is tricky.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That's not what is happening, and you seem to be selectively ignoring what Renato (who is the only one who speaks officially for the company) has said. He hasn't said no update this month and has said on multiple occasions that there are updates and new content coming. He just hasn't committed to a specific date...I wonder why...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Yeah, eager customers are a real pain in the ass. It's all our fault.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Eager and devoted fans are the only reason Reiza does what it does. Everyone who works there is also one of them. It's why we get the insane attention to detail that most other sims gloss over. But it isn't finished yet...

I won't repeat what I said about announcements/communications as you can read it above. But if I interpret your message directly, you missed the point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bizarre Formula

I don't think I did. All I am suggesting is that communication could be better and the counter arguments put the reasons for that on the people in the forum for being unreasonable.

First it was because of fixed dates that were missed, now it is because of total radio silence.

They are two extremes, somewhere in the middle is the bowl of porridge that's just right.

I am not angry at Reiza, I don't doubt that AMS2 will be the best sim, it already is for me and I am happy. That doesn't mean that I have to pretend to be blind to the poor handling of communication on this forum.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I understand what you are saying, but there was no update last month. It would’ve been nice if Renato said in a sentence or less that there is no update

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. Roy Niessink

Exactly, couldn't agree more!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, for us too, best with some cheese before updates!
    upload_2022-10-25_15-6-59.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

'Hey-o, Captain Jack (Hey-o, Captain Jack)
    Bring me back to the racing track (Bring me back to the racing track)

Racing to the racing track
    Race along with Captain Jack
    Race into the pitstop back
    Racing along with Captain Jack

Badadadidado
    Left, right, right, left
    Badadadidado
    Race along with Captain Jack

(Hey-o, Captain Jack) (Hey-o, Captain Jack)
    (Bring me back to the racing track) (Bring me back to the racing track)
    (Give me a wheel in my hand) (Give me a wheel in my hand)
    (I wanna be a winning man) (I wanna be a winning man)

Badadadidado!"

16. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm brazilian and I'm asking myself that too, it's on a sunday, might be other reasons to have or not a update this week, but I cant see how the elections affect that.

17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

+
    People here usually don't work on election day. Well, TI folks here usually don't work on Sundays nor even on Saturdays. Every time that Reiza release a new patch, they seems to work full time for a few days. Just make your math.

18. Bizarre Formula

19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get it, every time something is reported a flood of questions breaks loose, when do I get this or that when is the for me so annoying bug solved, when is a certain function added, why this and not that, you name it. In general, there is a poor response to the content of a report. In that context, I think it is wise to be cautious with information. Especially if there is no concrete information. And if there is no update you will notice that automatically, whether that is said in a sentence or not, maybe they want to keep the option open to release a "surprise" update. So far the updates have always come, keep faith

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Could be, if they are working on weekends and if the lines for voting will be as long as first turn it could take hours to vote and loose an afternoon of work. The secret is to go vote as soon as it open haha.