Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

lol, thanks man, I just suffer of an obsessive-compulsive disorder, maybe, not sure, I shoud check again, btw my fault! :p

2. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Hi all!

Just downloaded the latest release version, and I got a couple of things to report:

1 - Yellow flags in sector are still not OK. In sector 1, he says 'sector 2', in sector 2, he says 'sector 3', in sector 3 he says 'sector 1'. Tested in Adelaide, Brands Hatch and Imola.

2 - I'm running the Boxer, and the spotter starts warning me about water and oil heating when these raises to 110 celsius. But this temperature is ok, it's in the normal temperature range, so I hear false warnings all the time. To a matter of comparison, the reiza spotter starts warning when it reaches 125 celsius.

Would you take a look at that, @mr_belowski ? Thanks!

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. 125 Celsius for water temp seems pretty excessive but i can add the car class data and increase the thresholds easily enough - is this a general problem with AMS cars?

Regarding the yellow sector stuff, I'll look at it again :(. The code already subtracts a sector from the sector reported by the game (the game tells Crew Chief it's in sector3 but I report it as being in sector2).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  4. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

At jacarepagua 2005 and Montreal classic the messages are matching the sectors correctly. Tested on multiplayer

5. mr_belowski

oh dear...

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

crew chief is now a rebel AI and is trolling :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Vitor

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have the second to last version installed. When the notification about the latest update appeared I was in a hurry and skipped it. But, from what I recall, the changes in the version I skipped weren't related to ams

8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Tested at Montreal and Spielberg, sectors are ok...o_O

9. mr_belowski

I can't reproduce these yellow flag issues at all. Perhaps it works differently for DLC tracks?

I've removed a piece of code that checks the "overheating" flag in the game data, so it now just relies on the actual engine temps reported by the game. This means we can configure different car classes to have different engine temperature thresholds. I've put the BoxerCup threshold to 125 (which I still think it frighteningly high for water temp).

As part of this I've fixed the multi-class stuff as well, which is nice :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lorencini

Hello! New issue (not new actually, I just remeber to post it now):

In the very end of the race, when the P1 car crosses the line and receives the checkered flag, the spotter tells me "There's the checkered flag. P8, good job". Even tough I'm still racing in my last lap, in sector 2 for example.

Bottom line: the message should be triggered when I cross the finish line. But it's been triggered when P1 car crosses it, no matter my position on track.

Tested scenario: Boxer Cup, several tracks (default content, DLC, MODS), timed-races (I don't run for laps, so I don't know if happens there also).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mr_belowski

OK, I've reworked the session end logic a bit so when the game sends "session over" the app assumes it's the "chequered flag" phase if you're out on track, until you cross the line.

I've also fixed some issues with opponent lap time tracking - update on its way :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Lorencini

Thanks @mr_belowski for keep mantaining your amazing software. It means a lot to us sim racers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, a big thank you for all your work. I really appreciate your spotter each time I run AMS! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When doing the personal best lap during a race, the spotter still saying, best lap of the race.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lorencini

I believe the message is: "That's the best lap in your class", right? That's what I'm getting when doing a personal best. On the other hand, when I truly achieve the fastest lap of the race (among all other AI), I correctly listen the messagem "That's the best lap of the race."

16. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was doing a online race yesterday, and when I did my personal best, the spotter said:
    "That's the best lap of the race", but last weekend in another online race it said. "That's the best lap in your class".

Also when the leader crossed the finish line, the spotter said "god job that's P3" or something like that, but I still had about half a lap to the finnish, and could still be fighting for position..
    Did not happen to be, but I think the spotter doesn't know that, or maybe he does :rolleyes:

17. Lorencini

Happens to me too :)
    I've even already reported to @mr_belowski . Nice to know that also happens to you, I'm not crazy!!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mr_belowski

Doh, found a bug there - it's waiting till you start a new sector before allowing the race to be regarded as 'finished', but it should be waiting till you start a new *lap*. Oops. Will be fixed in the next release

• Like Like x 3
  19. Vitor

It happens in r3e also

20. mr_belowski

Hey fellas,

Anyone want to help test the next version? It's got some experimental functionality for some tracks (only Bathurst and Spielburg / redbull ring GP for AMS at the moment I think) and a few other bits and bobs - lots of lots of AMS changes and fixes to various things that have been broken for a long time.

If you want to try it out you'll need the installer:
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.2.6.msi

and the new sounds:
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/update_sound_pack_108.zip

You need to unzip the new sounds from this update zip to your Appdata sounds folder, for me it is:
    c:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\

This isn't an official auto-updating release (yet) because it's only a test version but it should work properly - there are more tracks to add and more refining of the various rules to do, so I'd appreciate feedback as always :)

• Like Like x 4