1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please have in mind that Spa 70s is still beta and detail work is still coming :)

• Like Like x 11
  2. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is a nice app to have though, I reckon the carnage would be far greater without it :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

While the game has received very positive updates, still is the least popular sim I have (AC, ACC, rF2, RR). It's a shame given it's potential.
    Is urgent Reiza finds out what is missing.

I believe a radical change is needed in replay department as many content creators (read, YTrs) can't stand it... and the community impact of a sim, often, cames from them. Let's face it, it's a pain to watch what happened in an +20m race... (finding incidents, taking shoots, etc.)

Them, small, irritating bugs...
    For instance, a basic one, the flags... why don't we get yellow flags when there are cars standing still on the track or major accidents happen and why don't we get a checkered flag when we finish the race? (the cooldown message is the only indicator the race is over...)
    It' a contradiction to the good implementation of FCY, which, albeit not perfect, works well.

These kind of bugs really need to be sorted out not to leave that bitter-sweet taste after leaving the sim.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The abscense of yellow flag is very strange indeed, they are like an elusive endangered animal that you only see for a millisecond and then disappears. It was the same in project cars, I mean it's no the end of the world but it does break the immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I updated AMS2 today, but doesn’t seem like it was the RC. Wonder what the update was if not the RC

6. CrimsonEminence

Go into right click properties for Automobilista 2 in your steam library -> choose beta in the lefthand menu there and choose releasecandidate branch.

ra.png

7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The micro updates are MP ratings, nothing else. You need to opt-in to the RC under Steam options "Betas".

8. Racinglegend1234

I have already done that. Just wonder what the roughly 2GB update was, because I couldn’t see any of the new content in the game

9. CrimsonEminence

You should see Spa 70 under Spa Franchorchamps (you need to own the Spa DLC, scroll down in the list of tracks under Spa). GTP Corvette isn't in yet.

10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

shouldn't it be easy for a " #1 AMS2 fan" to acknowledge the announced version string and check step by step the release notes?
    Sometimes i loose my faith in the world :whistle:
    Screenshot 2022-10-30 150322.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

I probably should change my name

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good news, hay bales are proper physics objects.

Didn't realize the RC version was the one with the chicane until it was too late.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

good luck. In yesterdays beta we could drive through them.
    Through the closed door behind too. :)
    As devs wrote, its all very early release.
    Within a few days, the track will enhance

14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks really good so far. I love the little details in the signage and off track elements that really make it feel period correct.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

You do realize there is a major difference between iRacing and other titles, right?
    • Most titles offer continued access to purchased content / offline use / [maybe] effective online use, without requiring continual payments.
    • With iRacing, you stop paying, you stop playing - period. At that point, you lose all access to anything you've spent on the title, and over time, the total spent really adds up.
    The nickname "iRenting" fits, especially to those of us that choose not to rent things as a rule, or at least keep such cases to a minimum. Renting some things has its own benefits, but mostly only for occasional short-term uses.

But we do live in a world where renting everything is becoming the norm and yet, I continue to resist! :p:)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

Many of you will not like my comment. Others will find it reasonable. I would not like to appear ungrateful, but I am disappointed with the amount of features and content in this update. Reiza was supposed to have changed its communication strategy to focus on the development of the sim (at least that is what renato and marc collins said). Bearing this in mind, in addition to the time that we had been without updates or news, it seems insufficient to me. I am happy with everything that arrives (although very late), but I still do not understand the secrecy or lack of information about what the dlcs will contain almost two years after being put up for sale.
    all this makes me think that perhaps the content (except for the senna f1 that we saw back in 2020) is yet to be defined, hence nothing has been published about the content in all this time (I mean the rest of the dlcs that are to be announced). I don't think this strategy benefits anyone... most people won't want to buy a season pass without knowing what it will contain and those of us who have bought it are still waiting. Of course it's my opinion.
    What I would have liked would have been more emphasis on the season pass and also what will happen to the f USA 2022. The car was ready to be launched in June and there is no agreement with the license owner. Why not release the reiza version of that car?
    I insist, many unknowns and little content. I have been a defender of AMS2 in my community all this time, but I am beginning to lose faith and I am afraid to think that it will remain halfway to what it could have been. Of course I understand that we have suffered a global pandemic and now the consequences of a war to a greater or lesser extent and even so it still seems insufficient to me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They did say that discussions are ongoing about a license, it just doesn't look like they'll be done in a reasonable time frame. So they're giving us IMS instead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

You really need to take a break for a couple of months. Go do something else on Steam and come back in January.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Even better news: There’s a high concrete barrier behind them for the highly unlikely event that a hay bale fails to stop a racing car doing 200kph on the straight…

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Aye, that early 90s Nissan was in a higher performance bracket than the Group Cs, but a mid-80s GTP should probably balance quite nicely with late 80s GpC. TBH, I'd be surprised if it was as quick as a C9 in real life, though I don't think they ever ran at comparable circuits.

• Like Like x 1