1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking at my IMSA history books, it looks like the Corvette GTP wasn't particularly reliable. The V6 version was in constant development chasing the Jags and Nissan, and the V8 versions were bring pushed to their limits by the privateer teams.

The V8 version was sold to Lee racing in 1985 and raced 1 year. Eventually, sometimes in 1986, Hendrick motorsports would aquire the car and turn it into the 52 black and white goodwrench car. The success from Hendrick convinced Chevy to shift funding from the V6 version of the car to the V8 version in 1986 where it finally picked up 2 wins and 7 pole positions. The car continued development until 1989 where it was replaced the following year by the Riley chassis Chevy Intrepid.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's pretty crazy getting license's and they cost ALOT having talked with RRE Dev's awhile ago took them like 8 years to get ferrari in game and hell look at BTCC that cost "apparently" quoting Half a Million to use could be less...And thats why you hardly see any Australian or New Zealand tracks because they ask for way to much it's all about the $$$ and a waiting game pretty much

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Maybe the way I said wasnt to clear, I am one of the people that refuse to pay for the renting, wich is a shame because I would love to drive that BMW LMDh :D.
    Streaming services and things like game pass can be good services if you actually use it, I have game pass for example and played many good games I would never buy them all. But paying every month for just one game and paying even more if you want more content is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

The Corvette GTP also had a pair of natural domestic rivals, The Ford Areospace and Zakspeed Roush Mustang GTP, and the Zakspeed Ford Probe that replaced it.

The Mustang was a front engined GTP with a 2.1 liter 4 cylinder, turbo charged to nearly 650 horsepower. The car Debuted in 1983, was given a 2.0 engine in 1984 which upped the power to 700 horsepower. Sadly the car was aerodynamically unstable so they developed the mid engined Ford Probe in 1985 and moved fully too it in 1986

1987 Ford Withdrew from Imsa and Tom Milner bought the Probe continued campaigning with them until 1989.

• Informative Informative x 6
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Crazy to say but all games we do own on Steam or any other platform, except GoG, if it goes offline/bankrupt we likely lose all our games, because we 'rent' the license of said game. We don't own them. So if Steam goes bankrupt we can't play our games anymore. But I understood our Lord Gaben has implented a button that if it ever happens he will press the button and all games will be become downloadable for a period and we can play them for a lifetime

If correct Ubisoft even removed some of its games on its liberary, and people can't acces them anymore. Even when they 'bought' it.

I still play my Diablo 2 real copies since 2001...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 7
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

WE NEED THIS CAR

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dylan Hale

Looks like the Mazda DPI

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

I'm in love !!! Can a charitable soul make this livery for a DPI, that would be so great. Or the Ferrari Open Proto livery of the 90s that could be applied to a P3 for example. I would love :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the Corvette behind it. ;)

EDIT: (Joke.)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The Ferrari 499p and the Mazda 787b are the two cars I want the most in AMS2

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dylan Hale

GOOD NEWS, I've found a Sauber C9 in IMSA GTP competition. 1985, so the Corvette did race against them. (Albeit on the tight city tracks America was known for at the time)

20221030_152710.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Dylan Hale

20221030_152926.jpg 20221030_152909.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone who was skeptical of the hypercar regs early on, I'm excited for the future sportscar racing. The diversity in the field is insane for what was only a 1-2 chassis series (both IMSA and WEC) in the past 3-4 years. Hopefully the fan base grows along with the sport.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The agreement between IMSA and ACO on common regulations is exciting stuff. Could be the beginning of a new golden era in endurance racing. The sheer amount of manufacturers who committed to factory programs and the talent they're throwing at the teams is staggering.

Such a shame AMR and Audi pulled out, also the fact that Ford isn't going to enter the arena is a bit sad, but McLaren is said to have shown interest and some old rather unknown brands have been revived to join the party as well, and who knows who else is flirting with the idea of a program. Lola has been asked if there's a chance they'd want to be involved and left the door open, so there could be a few surprises.

Pretty sure the already great fan base is going to grow a lot more, especially because you get great value for the cost of a ticket. I'm convinced it's going to be great and I know I'm already excited.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Emanuel Henrique

Emanuel Henrique New Member

a small correction, if this photo is from 1985 this model is the C8, but at first we can run with the Group C against the GTP

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence I'm not sure the steering angle adjustment works on the 962C, I changed it from 20 down to 14 which should have made the steering wheel turn more for the same amount of angle turn at the road wheels but it felt just the same tbh.

19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The big ? will be the BOP, lets see how they manage an equal balance between the hypercars and the LMDh. I expect a lot of politics and complains.

20. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that there's going to be lots of complaining but that there's going to be politics involved is an assumption. I think nobody wanted to see Toyota be that dominant, and as a result they got nerfed and Alpine and Glickenhaus finally were able to challenge them.

I think it's not easy to balance so many different engines and aspiration types, hybrid/non hybrid ect. but I'm sure it can be done. The first season is going to be a learning process anyways, for everyone, just like it has been since the new top class was started, so above all we'll see teams struggling like Peugeot did later on and then gradually improve.

And then there's going to be teams that from the get go have the better 'formula', did more testing or bring the experience from the past like Toyota and certainly Porsche as well.

It's going to be really interesting.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022