1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

player beware

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by noel spence, Oct 31, 2022.

1. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

i decided to try out the release candidate ,big mistake joined an online race and my rating had reverted to u
    So then i reverted back to the original version thinking my original rating would return ,but nope all gone ,by the way this is about the 4th or 5th time my rating has reverted to u in the 2 years while playing
    So player beware,reiza i have sent several bug reports also

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine was also returning to U, but after few seconds it went back to S. Maybe for some people it stays?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

not mine back to u every time ,very buggy game i wont even mention multi ,i hope they get there act together

4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've never had my rating move... I wasn't sure it was even implemented properly... I see other people online with different ratings but I have no idea how the whole rating system works... Driving clean laps online doesn't seem do add anything to it...

Maybe I have to do more actual races and less hot laps with others online on random servers... Most of my actual racing has been offline in AMS2 though... As I waited for the physics devs to work their magic...

I'm just glad this is a live service title and not a yearly release title... With what EA has shat out the past 2 years for the F1 series the improvements a small company like Reiza have made to the mess that was the Madness engine gives me plenty of hope that these small issues (in comparison to EA's mess) will be improved over time...

You are allowed to hope with Reiza, EA couldn't be bothered updating Spa while we get the 2022 changes and the historic versions...

5. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

u need to be in an online lobby that has ranking enabled and someone else needs to be in the lobby (player or AI)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scar666

Been there, done that... Once the physics matured I figured I might see what online was like... I preferred the rankings enabled lobbies because I mistakenly believed that they were going to have better connections...

So for me the ratings are bugged, and as this thread shows I'm not alone suffering bugs with the ratings...

7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The game is more relaxing anyway if you stop to care about the bugged rating. I lost all rating progress twice, that's when I stopped to care about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scar666

Oh I completely agree... Ratings with such a small online community are wasted anyway...

I will only care about the ratings when it stops me from competing in a league race that I really wanted to take part in the championship with... Until then I have no need for it...

Was just letting those who care about the bugs know they run far deeper than they first thought... o_O