1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

What mod's did we have in GPL? F2 / Can AM Would like those to see in AMS2.
    Some early 60's F2 / F1 wich were driven by Wolfgang "Taffy" Graf Berghe von Trips.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

A tempting thought. Especially 30s racing cars. Proceed it with a good boost to the modern GT classes, and I think it’d be gobbled up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The only proper early 60s content I can think of is a 1961 mod for GTR2 of all sims, which is actually quite fun but it's a shame that that's about it for this era of racing
    And Can Am would be a great addition too, I could see it happening considering Reiza have the licenses for some of the main heavy hitters of that era (Porsche, McLaren and Lola) as well as a lot of the tracks that they raced on back then

• Like Like x 3
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. I have never considered the various pre-1960 mods for AC as anything more than pure fantasy, let alone the pre-1940 mods.

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe we can get Pikes Peak hillclimb as an old track because it was first done in 1916. Would be fun to have an alternative to Nürburgring as a test rack for cars. Maybe we just need a free roam circuit like Ferrari’s

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a very puristic point of view - even more puristic than the practice that Reiza is following themselves: The Formula Vintage G1 is from an era when tracks had hay bales instead of guard rails, which were gradually introduced in the 1970s. Despite that Reiza has no such tracks, they still made the F-Vintage G1. So Reiza themselves don't practice the "the track must be modeled from the same era as the car" rule that strictly.

If we disregard the track scenery and focus on the track layouts, and count the announced/rumored tracks to come, there's a dozen tracks that can be raced with 1950s and 1960s cars in AMS2. Plenty enough to fill a championship calendar.

While I'd personally love to see these cars ASAP, I don't think Reiza needs 1950s/1960s cars right at this moment - I think it's better to focus on filling existing classes with more content. But it could fit well as new content planned for 2023/2024, in my opinion. And it would be a selling point for AMS2: The only modern sim to include cars from every era of F1 as part of the default package.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree about the Can Am, would love to see those on the game. The mods for GPL are good but the game as great as it was with all the mods, is very dated and it's still from the days that the more difficult the game the more "realistic" it was.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i'd like to see 80's and 90's classic content fleshed out on the gt/prototype side

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Not that good an example, because it's impossible to hit every era of racing for every car in the game *just* perfectly. The Vintage G1 falls under what I'd call "close enough". It's from an era where F1 began some baby steps towards more safety.
    50's F1, on the other hand ... well, these cars still raced at Pescara, AVUS and neat little things like Bremgarten. Late 60's/early 70's was a transitional era in the process of moving away from the tracks that had made the early days so insane.That transition is represented quite well in the game, even if it might not be perfectly accurate for the G1.

1970's Spa, 1970's Nordschleife, 1970's Monza. Did I miss something? The other tracks won't really feel appropriate for the time. 1975 Silverstone and 1972 Imola maybe if you squint a lot, but not really.

I personally feel like historical content adds much more value if you can actually drive it on the tracks it was built for. Just compare driving at 2022 Sao Paulo with the F-Retro vs driving at 1976 Sao Paulo with the same car. Same goes for 1993 Spa-Francorchamps with F-Classic vs 2022 Spa-Francorchamps with the same car.

And if you try to put an F-Classic on Sao Paulo, it will feel wrong no matter whether you choose the 1976 or the 2022 version.

There is just something special about driving a car on something that it has or could have reasonably raced on, and I feel like a 1950's car would be a bit of an odd content choice if you can't really experience it in that way.

I'd much rather see Reiza include, say, a Zandvoort and Mexico City pack, which both go way back to the 1970's, or do the missing historic versions of e. g. Sao Paulo, Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen or Azure circuit, and thereby fill up the calendars from past and present, than introduce another timeline to the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Zandvoort would be fun with the banking and all the orange smoke on the track

11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to Spa 1970, there are good memories to GrandPrixLegends.
    The sim was perfect, but the best and never beaten was the original sound of Ferrari.
    Sorry, it's the only onboard video with original sound what I found
    This screaming and screeching sound, it's so ugly and horrific, it made me crazy, turning up speakers to 10000% loudness and you felt like being on a trip. Oh, what memories:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am hoping this sort of stuff is what will be included in the Historic track pack mentioned in the season pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad that inspired you mate!

What I would suggest to AMS2 users is this: Spa is fantastic but, if you want a damn good race with the A.I. (especially in a multiclass situatuation) give one of the tracks thats been in the game longer a go with them, as Reiza have had time to hone the A.I. in different class'es for these tracks, the A.I. are much better tuned for them (to put it another way). Spa is still in beta and the track itself is not finished yet, let alone the A.I. (not that you can't have a decent race there yet of course you can, im talking about if you wanna see the A.I. at their very best!). I know Spa will end up being like this with a little time!

So I've put together this video of a multiclass race at Silverstone. I said to @CrimsonEminence that I had one hell of a video for you guys and I meant it! Just look at the moves these A.I. pull off, its simply incredible! I've put a camera on the pole sitting A.I. car aswell as mine so you can see what happen's when it starts approaching the slower class cars, and on my camera you can see some of the stunning moves the A.I. pull on me!

I just can't get over how far Reiza's A.I. has come! As I say in the video, this is'nt just some of the best multiclass racing I've had with A.I.... Its some of the best multiclass racing i've ever had full stop!

Hope you enjoy this!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And that's my general point. It is possible to allow some discrepancy in the historic car/track combos, even if a combo is anachronistic. It all depends on how far you want to stretch the "close enough". I'm not disagreeing with you, and I'm not disputing the facts: I agree that these cars and tracks don't match. I'm just pointing out that there is some wiggle room on how strictly the cars and tracks have to match in order for a historic car class to be worth adding to the game.

For me, tracks for 1950-60s cars are "close enough" as long as they are roughly the same length as they were then, and that they don't have any extra chicanes or similar features that force a different driving style than what was used in those historic races. Some examples of tracks that fit my criteria for 1950-60s:
    • Brands Hatch
    • Buenos Aires #9
    • Imola 1972
    • Indianapolis
    • Interlagos 1976
    • Kansai
    • Kyalami 1976
    • Monza 1971
    • Monza 1971 junior
    • Monza 1971 10k no chicane
    • Nürburgring 1971
    • Oulton Park Classic
    • Road America
    • Silverstone 1975 no chicane
    • Spa 1970 no chicane
    • Virginia full
    • Watkins Glen short
    Note for example that I did not include Azure in the list, as I think the Nouvelle Chicane ruins the flow for 1950-60s cars. Some examples of stricter criteria could be if you disallow tracks with modern curbs, or disallow tracks where these cars never raced. That's the great thing with simulators - we can set up different scenarios than what was available to us in real life, and we get to set the criteria ourselves.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

On a MP session yesterday ( Hockenheim, GT3) I had two freezes of about 2 sec during which I totally lost the controls.

Image was freezes and wheel become loose. After two second the image unfreezes and the car appears further ( like position was still updating on the background) and controls went back like was feeling a 0.5 sec later ( I realized then no pedals inputs as well... Happend twice during free practice.

Did Someone else noticed this behavior as well ?

16. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

To be honest I'm sick of people requesting old cars. In fact I'm sick of people asking for current cars also.

When are we gonna get something a bit more 'forward thinking'?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Agree.. This thread is about the New release and people keep posting about they wishes, how they think it should be according to Them, ect.. so many posts out of subject .. There is other thread to dream and refactor the world on the forum.. keep it focus .

Comment the release and help to highlight facts about THIS release. Did you notice bugs ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Is it OK if I ask for more tracks? Personally I'm more interested in more tracks than cars, to me more tracks add more replay value than more cars.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

AMS2 has some high quality historic content
    & now with the new historic spa & other historic tracks coming soon it will be a really good package

there’s quite a few long term leagues currently using other titles that should take note

reiza please add an option for server based online mode ( as well as the current quick setup peer to peer )

Then some official “track day “ online servers would be good , practice only would be great

I’ve noticed online someone could drive across grass/track cut to overtake without being forced to give the place back

thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wishlist threads -------> that way.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1