How to Create the Series Icons

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by 3GRacing, Apr 26, 2016.

1. 3GRacing

3GRacing New Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know how to create the series icons (on the startup screen)? I've made a few but can't get the red highlite when clicked. I'm looking for a step by step solution. Thx in advance- great game btw

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, you need to have some transparency in your image: the red glow is in fact "behind" the image and is seen "through" the image. To get this transparency, you need to make an alpha channel: the black part will be transparent, the white part would remain opaque.
    Have a look at the original images as examples: when using Photoshop, you need to go to the "Channel" palette to see the alpha layer, not sure where to find them if using an another paint program...

3. 3GRacing

Thank you alex. I see the alpha chans in the originals (using photoshop)- RGB, Red, Blue, Green and I see the red glow channel- Alpha 1. The Red, Blue, Green seem linked to the RGB somehow, turn off visibility for the Red, Blue or Green and the RGB turns off as well. Been looking at this for while now, just though it was time to ask. Thx again.

4. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi! You need to create tga files with one alpha channel. The alpha is just to allow that transparency effect, like it if was reflected on glass.
    Pick one tga file from any series, just to use the same size, work on a new one, save it as a tga. I recommend that you do the logo in a bigger size and bring it to the tga size after that. If the alpha channel does not work, open the tga file and copy/paste the alpha from your psd to that tga and save it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 3GRacing

Thx Th, I'll give it a try...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Angel

Angel New Member

Hello

You could tell me how you do it, if it can be with an explanatory video, I have photoshop, thanks

7. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

@Angel this video will help you

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Angel

Angel New Member

Hello

Thanks for your reply, but I do not get it you could send a RAR file of how it is done, but if it can be for the game Motorist, greetings

9. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

Simple logo for ams, it's not as hard as you thinking

• Like Like x 2
  10. Angel

Angel New Member

Hello

Thank you very much for the video, greetings.

• Like Like x 1