1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Saffaboy

Saffaboy New Member

How about a random race button? Click the button and the game generates a random track/car combo.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

For example rental karts at Indianapolis oval! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see some more championships

Actually we do not have a 1988, 1991 or 1995 F1 championship preset
    We do not have any Formula USA sets. No group C or something else.

Yes I know I can create these on my own but it still takes 10-15 minutes to create a custom championship. would be great to have more sets from Reiza

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Just let the community design championships via json file or something. We'd be happy to oblige Reiza.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Marg

Marg Active Member

And the main thing - no appropriate point systems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nico Schuk

Nico Schuk New Member

Host in Multiplayer should have a "Session End" button where he could stop the session (practise, qualy, race) and all members are back in the lobby.
    we had multiple times where this feature could be a benefit.

7. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

More cars with handbrakes and capabilities to adjust handbrake strength

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I do not know, if it is possible within the madness engine, but it would be nice, if player could turn off the Low Downforce models for fast tracks. When using custom liveries, they often do not fit those alternate models.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe New Member

I would like to be able to switch wheels profiles while in MP session. At the moment you need to leave an MP session to switch profile and then enter again with the new one. Thats not possible though if you are hosting the session. Please make this profiles available for switching within a live session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Please, allow the tire pressure reading in Metric System to be in PSI.

Don't know why it's not already that way, since in Brazil is used both Metric System and PSI.

Abração!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Saffaboy

Saffaboy New Member

LOL yeah, I see the problem here. Trucks on a kart track?

12. thealexmill

thealexmill New Member

Was watching the 1999 Cleveland Grand Prix earlier, which got me thinking.

I have zero clue if this is even possible, but it would be cool to have an option for races to have both laps and time as an option for completion. For example, let's say I set up a 100 lap race at Interlagos with the F-Ultimate 2022 cars, I can set it to end either when all 100 laps are complete, or after 2 hours, whichever comes first.
    (Bonus thing: can we please have a button that makes the drone cam in photo mode move around faster, it is painfully slow)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Nico Schuk

Nico Schuk New Member

maybe just a personal luxory problem:
    in VR the light of the Dashboard at some cars is at night quiet bright. maybe there should be a keybinding (or an option) for in-/decreasing dashboard brightness

• Like Like x 2
  14. IssaP

IssaP New Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.4.1.3
    Request Title:
    Custom keybinds for menu navigation
    Description: There don't seem to be keybinds for menu navigation, you can only use the presets for wheels from a few specific brands but if you use a different one (Polsimer F74 in my case) you're out of luck and have to use mouse+keyboard.
    Benefits: Allows users with wheels to bind buttons on the wheels to menu navigation. This would be extremely helpful in VR and generally more convenient than switching between the wheel and mouse+keyboard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

A weather forecast a bit like ACC so you can see what’s coming would be very helpful , especially useful on the Nurburgring combined layout.

Edited to add that it’s also helpful at the start of a qualifying session as you may delay coming out the pits if it’s going to improve in a short while alternatively if it’s going to worsen you need to get a move on and bang a lap in.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Could be a "Nose Simulator", so we can smell the rain coming as in RL lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Allow us to rev during pitstops- so I can vent my frustration at my slow pit crew

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I find the track selection menu to be a little awkward to work with. Since my screen is relatively close to my eyes already, the layout images appear way too big, and the selected track on the right especially. It's kind of a waste of space from a UX perspective.
    A small text explanation about the track would be nice, together with maybe a suggestion about suitable cars?
    I also find it a little annoying that I can't see all the layouts at once (especially since there is ample space on screen). Differentiating between them could be easier if they maybe have some label (since many look similar at first glance)?
    Also, when you select a location on the left, the first layout doesn't become highlighted like another layout does when you click on that. That has confused me sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it's already a thing and I missed it, but I would *really* like to be able to adjust the position of the ICM window. Most of the time I have a tablet sitting between my wheel and the screen for telemetry/dashboards, and it just so happens to cover most of the ICM window. This could easily be mitigated if we could move it around like other HUD elements.

• Agree Agree x 9
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've asked this before, but please add Wales, Scotland and Ireland to the nationalities, it would be so easy. Pretty please?