Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I´ll try to test this update tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@mr_belowski I have not used this for a while. I broke my foot and had to give sim racing a miss for a few months. But I have just had a look at your update and I see that most of the F1 drivers names from late 80s/early 90s are now listed, so I just wanted to say a big thank you for adding them. I can't wait to use this great addon again, with the Formula Classics. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mr_belowski

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Used the latest official version today after a long time not using it and wow... awesome job, love to hear about sectors being yellow and green again. Great work, thanks a lot. Also going to use it for rF2 now that is has support. Thanks a lot for your hard work! And thanks to everyone that is helping too!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How is the class determined ? I'm racing the V8 Supercars using various skins. This is the vehicle filter i'm using:

Vehicle Filter = OR: 2016_VASC 2016_VASC_OTHER VASC_OTHER 2017_VASC 2017_VASC_OTHER

Will the best lap "routine" work when i race a VASC_OTHER car against 2017_VASC AI cars ?

7. keith windsor

@mr_belowski I just want to report one issue (using ver 4.6.2.8 from a couple of posts above).
    Formula Classics, racing at Phoenix, 50% distance (40 laps), and the atmosphere this utility adds is excellent, thank you.
    The only issue occurred on the last lap & slowdown lap - I was about 45 seconds behind the leader, and I think it happened when he crossed the finish line on lap 40, crew chief told me 'white flag', when in fact I was on the last lap (and I still had not reached the finish line so I believe the leader might have triggered the message).
    He then continued to say 'white flag' every 10 seconds AFTER I had crossed the finish line. Then, one lap too late, he said 'P9, race is over'.
    But, again, it is just great to hear the correct names being called as they pit/retire etc. Great job thank you, I won't race without it.

8. mr_belowski

I'll look at the white flag stuff tomorrow

In the mean time, the next version is up with a few changes - including more tweaks to the rules governing what's said and when and a few bug-fixes. There was a bug that was suppressing the "you're reeling this guy in..." messages, which meant that the "you're faster into corner X" messages were less likely to play.

Same as before, you'll need to download the soundpack update again for the new sounds and apply it manually. The app version number is now 4.6.2.9 so can be installed over the top of the existing one if you want:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.2.9.msi
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/update_sound_pack_108.zip

• Like Like x 6
  9. Chris King

Chris King New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to everybody that has worked so hard to bring Crew Chief to so many sims.

There is a tiny typo in the latest tracks.json
    Under Bathurst/mcphillamy_park
    "isCommonOvertakingSpot": fals
    The word false is missing the final 'e'
    Easy enough to fix with your favourite text editor.

Cheers
    Chris

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. mr_belowski

doh, good spot Chris, will fix it now

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Hello AMS users :)
    We recognize the need to support modded content, and we added a mechanism to define classes, see here: Customizing Car Classes
    Don't be afraid, it is actually simple, most of content is actually explaining why this is needed, at all. Feel free to respond on that thread if you are not sure about something. Cheers!

12. keith windsor

Hi, Does this need to be done for the default AMS cars? I created a carClassData.json in my documents folder and added
    {
    "carClassEnum": "F1",
    "rf1ClassNames": [ "For_Classic" ]
    }

It is recognising the new addition ok, as now the console says 'New driver michele alboreto is using car class F1 at position 24', (where previously it said car class For_Classic), but is it necessary for me to do this for the Formula Classics?

One other question, just curious to know, why are all the drivers listed as unmapped except one? - only Bailey ever shows up in my list as mapped.

08:33:04.608 : Using unmapped driver last name palmer for raw driver name jonathan palmer
    08:33:04.612 : Using mapped driver last name bailey for raw driver last name bailey
    08:33:04.616 : Using unmapped driver last name sala for raw driver name luis perez-sala

13. mr_belowski

No, it's not necessary to map classes unless there's a particular behaviour you need to account for (like tyre type or wheel size). Generally the app should 'just work' using its built in classes and behaviour.

Regarding driver mappings, that trace shows that the app is correctly guessing the last name of palmer for Johnathon Palmer, it's using a name -> last name mapping for bailey (so it's not guessing), and it's incorrectly guessing sala as a last name for Luis Perez-Sala. The mappings stuff is to allow the app to connect an in-game name with a name to read out. For AI drivers their in-game names tend to be ordinary names so the app can usually work out what name to read out (or listen for). For online names these are often random characters and other crap. The app will have a go at working out what they might be called but it can also have help in the form of a file which maps names (steam names) to proper names - e.g
    mr_belowski: belowski

What you're seeing above is that bailey has an entry in this mapping file, the others do not.

• Like Like x 1
  14. keith windsor

understood, thanks for the explanation :)

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

If all vehicles in Formula Classics mod use same vehicle class name, and you are happy with how CC responds to this class, you don't need to. CC will create a class on the fly for unmapped classes.

However, if each vehicle in mod uses different class string, you'll get multi-class race unless you map them all to a single class.

• Like Like x 1
  16. keith windsor

Ah I see, I saw that it had created a For_Classic, now that makes sense. The Classics seem to be working perfectly with CrewChief so I'll leave it unless I hear any strange brake/temp messages, thanks.

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Exactly, if mod is authored so that class string is really a class string, and not something else, and you're running GT/Formula, we have defaults that should work in most of the cases :) Currently, only Karts and some monster trucks need adjustments for wheel sizes, by using override classes.

18. keith windsor

Can I add a couple of ideas for possible inclusion in the future I you are still looking for ideas?

The first one is something I really liked in the old rFactor spotter plugin as I felt it added to the realism.
    On an outlap, during qualifying (or practice if you chose to have it on), about halfway round the lap, as you were getting your head ready for the fast lap, the engineer would call up and say variations of:
    'Looking at your times compared to the pole, you're a tenth down in sector 1......you're 3 tenths off the pace in sector 2.......you're a tenth quicker in sector 3'. (Occasionally he would have to break off from this out to warn of a yellow flag ahead, which made it even more realistic).

My other idea would be to have a bit more information about my team mate:
    occasional lap time comparisons as in the above example, updates when he qualifies higher than me, or where he is during the race;

And finally, confirmation that my pit box is definitely empty (I try to be aware of when my teammate is scheduled to pit, and I also try to edit my pit groups so that there are no errors, but occasionally I drive in and find I have to stack up behind another driver.

But anyway, I hope you don't mind, they are just a few ideas I thought I would mention - CrewChief really is great already as it is. :)

19. keith windsor

@mr_belowski I think maybe you have fixed the white flag problem at the end of the race? I just did an F_Classic, 50% distance at Hungary90 circuit, and I did not hear the white flag message anymore - crew chief correctly said ' That's the race over' as I crossed the finish. I was 58 seconds back in P12, so it was similar circumstances.
    I'll report after the next race if there's anything to add, but thanks for the continued improvements.

20. mr_belowski

• Like Like x 2