1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davvero serve il rating multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Antonio Castagna, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

After a period of stop I'm dedicating more time to the online multiplayer of AMS2, I had decided to compete only with the rating ON to make sure that I 'leveled up', in short ... give more meaning to the races I did and to the my qualities as a simdriver.

Sure many times it's nice ... but how frustrating is it especially when, despite a race without accidents and / or errors, even arriving in the top 3 ... your rating drops ???

I have read all the previous threads that dealt with this topic, I understand that it can go down the rating when you make mistakes or accidents ... but when it goes down despite having done a near perfect race it is something very frustrating. I have to clarify one thing: it has happened to me many times that the rating went up even if we were only on track in 3-4, so it is certainly not what influences this.

We still have to work a lot on this thing because it is definitely a significant 'detail' that, after a while, makes you want to close everything and not lose out on it for months, hoping that the situation will change for the better. I would not want to do it because I like AMS2 very much, the sensations are exceptional and the races, when there are no players who do kamikaze on purpose (even in races with the ON rating, and this is even more maddening) are enjoyable and stimulating.

Honestly, I have no interest in racing with an OFF rating because in those races there are many more unfair people, who cut the track or who come at you as if there was no tomorrow. Already the user of AMS2 is not very great, if then certain factors tear it further, it is a tragedy.

In my opinion the whole online rating system needs to be reviewed, it is not even fair that when you get hit you see yourself climbing further rating points, maybe you do 3-4 races to go up even by just 20 points, then the idiot on duty arrives and sends you against the barriers and suddenly you also find yourself with -25 or -30 at the end of the race (it happened to me, unfortunately).

So I don't know, do you really need multiplayer rating? YES
    Does it need to be fixed? ABSOLUTELY YES

Reiza do something, please.

Thanks.

2. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Reiza stated last year that MP focus will start by end of the year 2022.

MP Participation has increased a bit from the last update and AMS2 has improved overall.

Let's sit tight and remain hopefully till then

• Like Like x 1
  3. Antonio Castagna

I hope is true ...

Are you sure? A very little increase ... :(Watch HERE

4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The rating system is not a FIA points kind of reward system, it is an ELO system that is supposed to reflect your performance relative to other players. If lower rated players than you finish ahead of you then you might lose some points even if you're on the podium as the game expects higher rated players to finish higher in the ranking.

There's a thread on the pCARS forums that explains roughly how the system works. -->
    Competitive Racing License Infographic - Feedback requested

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Antonio Castagna

It has nothing to do with it because what I explained happened to me both with simdrivers of the same rating and with a different rating.

6. ricxx

Well, it actually has a lot to do with it because the system doesn't care whether your race was nearly perfect, the only thing that matters is where you finish relative to other players. It applies a formula and does some math and as a result people lose or gain points.

It's all explained in the link.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Antonio Castagna

And as I have already explained to you, it has happened to me both with a different number of players (many and few), and with a higher, equal, or lower rating, so either the calculations are done wrong or the system itself has huge bugs.

That link, as I said, I've already read.

Next time, read carefully before answering.

8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The whole ratings system is bugged...

Some drivers like me never see their ranking move, others see it move erratically and others have what were the desired effects on their rankings...

Given that's there's not a large MP userbase for AMS2 it's not necessary for the long haul to have working ratings...

If however AMS2 MP improves enough to have leagues take it seriously and give it the shine the current physics deserve then it absolutely needs to be fixed...

First fix the MP then fix the ratings...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ricxx

Well, if it's bugged wouldn't it be bugged for everyone? I read the OP carefully and that's why i replied what I replied. If you say you have no idea why you lost points because your race was nearly perfect with no accidents etc. then it looks like there is a misunderstanding on your side.

In this case you should've made some screenshots so one could look at what were the circumstances exactly. @Antonio Castagna

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Antonio Castagna

You still don't understand ...
    Peace ...

11. ricxx

Next time you lose points and think it's not legitimate just make a screenshot of the final standings and post it here so people can actually see if there's something fishy going on or not.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Antonio Castagna

I don't care if it's suspicious or not, I'm interested in fixing this system because it doesn't work as it should, full stop. Understand it ...

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Davvero, AMS2 MP rating è inutile.