1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We need a change

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by David Castiñeiras, Nov 21, 2022.

1. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

I love this simulator, the best and most complete I've ever played.

But I'm seeing that there are few people playing, I don't understand why, but that's the way it is...

Not getting into LFM has disappointed me as I see people I hung out with in AMS2 have moved over to RFactor to compete on that platform.

It's great to update cars, tracks, FFB, but I think it's more important that people go for AMS2 to have a good time in the simulator...

Cheers

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Who is "we" and what change do "we" need?

• Like Like x 2
  3. David Castiñeiras

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  4. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

MP sucks after 2 years of development. Not really the devs priority. And it will probably stay in this state for good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. David Castiñeiras

Are you telling me that the developers of this game are satisfied with being a simulator to play against the AI, or in random rooms? Maybe then they don't feel like selling...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Still a hot lapper “sim/game” for me. You have debris left all over the track after a wreck, that’s so crappy. Cars gone but tires parts all over the place. Thank god you can disable the radar, I was like wtf are those little spots in front of me, like chiclets lol MP will be a disappointment until they can get all the nuisances out of the way. There some great things about ams2 then you encounter crap, simple things you can’t understand why it hasn’t been addressed. One example , you’re In the garage you at Road America. The setup is for Fontana road, so I hit default setups, noting happens. You exit to the pit lane and as you’re leaving you see it saying road American, you return to the garage, its Fontana
    Then you make changes to the set but you don’t want to save it yet because, you’re testing. Go out and doesn’t feel any different? That’s BECAUSE NOTHING CHANGED!! In order to try different things you have to save each one! Wasn’t like that b4 this build. There’s more but…

7. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If I could have 1$ everytime I read LFM I would be rich...
    So boring...
    Please report about real issues and help devs finding them or if already known give more feedback on those but don't moan if a game isn't featured on your favourite platform/portal/whatever. It is an external service so it isn't AMS2 main goal or Reiza focus...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Yeah the MP experience in AMS2 is sadly causing it's name to be thrown in the mud all too often... Don't worry, a lot of us knew what you meant...

The AI is one thing and that has a market, but it's minuscule when compared to the sizable MP market... Especially without a career mode or a popular fully licensed series with all the cars and tracks like an F1 game... SP for where this title is just shouldn't be the focus at all... It's not where the content leads, nor is it going to gain Reiza a marketing boon from focussing on...

When you are on track by yourself it's a really rewarding experience if you know how to get around the game breaking set up bugs which cause the ugly physics that many complain about...

But the server side controls and the terrible prediction of a p2p system causes the most negative press for AMS2...

The 3 most important changes for that good time in AMS2 are thus...

1. Fix the set up physics bugs so it works as intended...

2. Fix the MP prediction so it's at least on par with sims from over a decade ago...

3. Fix the server side controls so that admins have the control they expect in 2022...

Then and only then will the ability to have a good time in the simulator will exist for the majority, not for the minority of drivers like me who enjoy the hotlapping or are waiting for AI improvements...

I say all of that as someone who has spent ages in SP modes in sims, well over 90% in AMS2... I just know that without a fully licensed popular series with all the cars and tracks that the SP path will place AMS2 in an even smaller sector of the marketplace...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Technically it is in order It is mainly the Car choice and the used settings that prevents me from participating in the MP races, Reiza can not change this much other than other filters. But if I participate in a MP race the experience is good, I would still like to be able to save my MP profile.
    I've already raced more online in AMS2 than I've done in Automobilista (1), and that's because there are fewer leagues active (less locked lobbies) and no mods used (Can) be used.

10. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I might be completely wrong here, but I think the dedicated server requirements are quite low because the game is still run p2p just with predefined settings.

Surely Reiza could configure 2 dedicated servers with realistic sim settings and a fairly high rating that they just leave running for people to join.

They could align each server with the two configurations from the time trial of the week.

At least that would give you two consistently configured servers with a variety of content on display. I can't see how hosting 2 dedicated servers like this would cost much in terms of hosting or management.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Perhaps if the AMS2 multi-player was developed to allow platforms like (but not limited to) LFM to provide their service at a quality they're happy with, then Reiza might be rich too? Service providers like LFM don't want to look bad by providing a poor user experience, especially if it's outside their control, and the only control they have is to not use sub-par components.

People don't seem to realise that AMS2's poor multi-player experience is a real issue, which is a shame. Thankfully we have rFactor 2 for that, but it would be nice to have more choice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mansell

mansell Member

reiza would be rich too :whistle:

13. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sadly it is the MP that holds AMS2 back, It's not Riezas fault, when they purchased the SMS madness engine it came with this p2p system.. all the games have bugs, some are big, some are small just pick a game and someone will have an issue with something it's just the nature of zeros & 1's lol.
    This game seems to have turned into a hot lapper, a less arcade-like game for single players. We tried and tried to get our league into AMS2 but it has died a slow death with only 3-5 players showing up to grids that started out with 30+ when we first started. the lack of admin control and buggy MP just turned ppl off.. Then if you do find a lobby online that's populated its 80% arcade settings with no fuel use, no damage, no tire ware, with a 7 lap crash fest etc.. lol. After the update I think I counted 44 players one night on 11 servers then, on the 'other platform' i saw like 90 drivers signed up for just 1 race that had 3 splits lol and this went on and on with full grids all night ..
    I keep reading here that MP does not matter that much ? .. Just have a look at rF2 it's like 10+ years old & the ONLY reason it still survives today is from its MP system and now its starting to thrive again ..
    Most of the player base in AMS2 are now all single players and they dominate the forum and that's fine, they now have a game that's not so arcade-like that they can play & enjoy. but if this game is going to last it needs to somehow drop the p2p system and get real with MP. & I don't think that's an easy task .. That said I still will support Reizas efforts, owning the SP, and will most likely purchase any new stuff as I follow the progress because they are an amazing team .. Its like they bought a Mazarati from SMS & & then found out it had a VW engine under the MP hood:eek::D:hurrayreiza::D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am the AMS2 backer and I dont regret this investment. Reiza team is so dedicated that they deseve the appreciation of sim community. But if I knew in the beginning that MP was on the very bottom of their development priorities I would have probably put my money elsewhere.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I have the 20-22 season pass it if this stays in the same state, that’s it

16. mansell

mansell Member

im sure they knew about the p2p system and also how difficult it would be (for them) to change it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This is very true...

rFactor 2 is to this day a giant bug fest, yet will still draw in players because it works well enough online to be able to give the majority of the player base a good time...

• Like Like x 3