1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, the 6th premium track is even mentioned in the below Steam blurb for the SP, which is why I never even questioned whether it was included.

Save 40% on Automobilista 2 2020-2022 Season Pass on Steam
    "This Season Pass covers all planned DLC packs planned for Automobilista 2 over 2020 & 2022 - includes at least 6 Premium Race Tracks with multiple versions, 3 Expansion Packs with several cars and tracks along with other smaller packages still to be announced."

USA pt 4 seems less clear cut as there are conflicting statements so it´s probably best to wait for @Renato Simioni to clarify that to avoid wild speculation. At non sale prices, the USA pack costs only 1 euro less than all 3 parts purchased separately so one could expect part 4 to be included too but whether that is true for the SP and Expansion remains to be seen.

Regarding the other packs having multiple parts, I think it´s clear that these include additionally content from the original stuff (how many tracks does one expect for 10 euros)?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I dont even understand what the ruckus is about and at this point I'm too afraid to ask :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I don't either, I'm just pumped for whats coming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pete Richardson

Pete Richardson Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seeing as we have 1983, 1986, 1988, 1991, I think we're likely to get:

1983 Brabham BT52
    1986 Lotus 98T
    1988 McLaren MP4/4
    1991 McLaren MP4/6

We've already got Emerson Fittipaldi's 1974 McLaren M23 - we might get a 1978 Copersucar Fittipaldi to go with F1-Retro Gen 2. Possible as well we might get a 1988 Lotus 100T as it was the car that Nelson Piquet defended his 1987 title in (unsuccessfully).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The root of the issue may be that the original Season Pass was meant to have ended in 2021 but not all the originally included content was ready by then. If it had been then we would be on Season Pass 2022-2023 with different content but because a lot has been delayed, even into 2023, it can be confusing to know what belongs to what.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks good and sounds like a whirlwind of content to end the year! Still hope for a 2001 or so Nurb GP (before arena section was added) to be eventually added to that pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Total removal from EVERY game/sim just seems like an illogical move. It's passive income for the track. I could see wanting a higher fee, but I would think inclusion in media sources would only increase the profile of the track. It's not like us mere plebs can afford to chuck a real $300k car around. Having the circuit included in games and media only draws more tickets during actual events.

8. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

There’s space for some 60’s f3’s

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had massive VR issue online today, every server I went into in VR all cars had massive pings, as in up 2000! All of em, so i figured it must be me. Rejoined same servers just with screen, back to normal! Tried VR again, same servers, same massive pings, back to screen, no problem again. Anyone else experienced this?

10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One aspect that I think is being overlooked is that for AMS 2 Silverstone is paid DLC. I dont know much about the law, but I feel like suddenly demanding to be removed from a game where people have to pay for said track is not legal. Having the DLC delisted? yes maybe, but having the track removed from everyone's game without compensation? I cant see that happening.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is a vested right, if I am to guess.

12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Honest question- how come the parts 2 and 3 of the upcoming packs won't be in the season pass? Are they gonna pull a Codies and make a second season pass or is it just a case of "buy them when they come out"

13. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Monaco, pre changes from 73. Something akin to rf2 historic Monaco would be great.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Id rather pay on a single go to get a discount, but to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because the pack itself has expanded in size due to community support. Just like racing USA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

It´s been confirmed that Silverstone wanted a higher fee than any other content in RF2. The only danger now is they price themselves out of the marker for other games when renewal happens but those who already have the track are safe, they get to keep it. This already happened in Raceroom with Citröen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I question whether paid DLC will be for non-licensed tracks, even though those ones seem more logical to do.

19. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My understanding was that the season pass was for the originally mentioned content over a period of a year that got extended to 2 years and now until the content is ready.

I read it as one pack for each of the things mentioned and not separate parts. So I was only expecting a single historic track pack/part.

In my mind they aren't removing content but announcing more for the future and another season pass is just further proof of long term commitment.

I can see how calling it part 1 and part 2 might be confusing, but I really don't think it is Reiza removing anything that was planned to be included before.

My assumptions matched this that someone posted on reddit a year ago https://preview.redd.it/9s2szw5pry4...bp&s=3b8c27d171c77e8920dda0d2e094ab71cfdb623a

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Personally I have no beef with the 'beyond the season pass' approach; I'd rather have the option to pay for some more historic track packs than for there to be a line in the sand that says "we can't do any more because we couldn't afford to give them to the season pass owners for free". If they called it a different name than "pt1" and "pt2" I don't think there's be any question.

If someone had said the season pass included 15 new tracks locations (with ~15 historic versions of 6 of them), oval racing discipline, 3 generations of licenced 90s Champcars (8 models) in road and oval spec, 3 contemporary GTE cars, a DP, 6 historic GP cars, 3 road cars plus whatever the 'adrenaline' pack is (which I doubt will interest me)...

So a minimum of 21 new cars and 30 track versions. Sounds like a decent deal to me. And they didn't even add the IMSA Corvette GTP to the USA pack!

"Ahem, 'Spirit of Le Mans parts 1-3" please! :p

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1