1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's part of an overhaul for classes that don't feature actual onboard ARB settings, yup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The results of the race need to be fixed.

Atm, if you DNF you get sent to the end of the result table even if you end 1 or more laps ahead of those who finished the race.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

How can you DNF and finish the race ahead of others? I didn't think that was possible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Think harder.

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well if you dnf in the last lap of a race and you where 1+ laps ahead of some cars behind you AND you are not first, then you technically finish ahead, as the race will be over when all cars cross the finish line after the winner.

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because if you are 3 laps ahead and you crash on the last lap you will still remain ahead of those guys. Atm AMS2 final results put the DNF as last any way. IIRC they don't even get put in order of completed laps

7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I still have my MS Sidewinder FFB Pro 2 stick that must be well over 20 years old. Its still going strong and I use it daily on my flight sims (DCS, MSFS, IL2). MS used to make fantastic hardware.

I think my first FFB Wheel was the Logitech MOMO Red (but my memory is failing fast)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Since no one replied my post, I went back to the game to make more tests in case it was just a bug in my side and rather found not all cars suffer from bad engine sound mix. Maybe that's the reason that most people haven't noticed the issue? go figure...
    I've not been able to test all cars but after some random tests, I've found these cars have sound problems:
    Copa Fusca
    Porsche 911 RSR
    Formula Vee
    Puma P052
    MCR S2000
    MetalMoro MRX
    Ginetta G58
    Brabham BT26A
    Lola B2K00
    Ultima GTR
    Porsche 962C
    Formula V10 Gen2 and maybe more...
    Some open-wheel cars like the Brabham or the Formula V10 simply have a very low engine volume with respect to the strong wind sound effect, while others like the Porsche 911 RSR, in addition to that, have the engine sound balanced excesively to the right.
    The curious thing is that other open-wheel cars like the Cats seem to be untouched and sound loud and balanced, as usual.
    Can anyone else confirm this? Or should I verify my game's files (again)?:confused:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Actually, that´s how it works at Le Mans 24h. You have to cross the line to be classified.
    Remember the leading Toyota and LMP2 that both retired on the last lap a few years ago?

I agree, however, that in an all purpose game like this it should be laps completed.

10. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Have you got Windows spatial sound or something similar activated? That can mute the engine sounds quite a lot

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we assume that all front-engined cars sound normal to you, while all rear-engined cars sound too soft?
    In that case, the problem could be that sounds coming from the rear are heard poorly, usually due to a wrong audio output channel setup on your end. If you're using headphones or stereo speakers, double-check that the output is in fact stereo and not a surround format. Check both in the operating system and in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

just watched this video and I am interested to know why the Corvette GTP is 10 SECONDS QUICKER in AMS2 compared to IRL

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In Spa 1970, AI is still causing huge carnage when driving open wheelers.

- they can not have a decent overtake, but go side by side through corners, sometimes up to 4 cars
    - this side by side thing goes on for ages
    - they always go for rear tyres of car in front instead of overtaking and they have permanent wheelbanging when going side by side
    - slower cars will never step back for a faster one and rather provoke a crash

So, with damage set to high or max, there are many casualties and when doing a long race, there are not many AI left on track at the end of the race. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I think it might be to BOP it with the other Group Cs.

Austin does make a good point about some sim cars being unrealistically fast, though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

I Agree. This version might just be a no restrictions version of the car

16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Austin might be onto something but he mentioned by mistake that the Corvette is paid DLC.
    Which is funny for a person that is the best of the best, giving lessons in accuracy to everybody.
    Speaking of which, GTR Revival lap times better be within 1s of the lap times of the web site he mentions. It also better have exactly zaroo bugs at v1.0.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. ju gnot

ju gnot New Member

Hi all, yes i did some tests again and i decided to setup rear spoiler into GT to 0 (so ... minimum) And the car stay almost the same as if i setup the rear spoiler to 10. One week ago this was not the case. Maybe this is my computer but.. i don't think so. This is what a call now some arcade feeling. I am so in love with AMS 2 that i will continue to find a solution :) And Yes steering wheel already existed in 1990's ;) :) See you

18. Racinglegend1234

I understand, but maybe they made a change which changed something without them knowing. I also believe they silk fix this issue, but it could also be more realistic

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Copa classic FL
    The Fusca Classic FL has no headlights as the description mentions. It seems to be the only car in this class that doesn't have headlights, which makes night racing difficult.

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

@ju gnot
    And again,did you reinstall after 1.4.x.x?
    If not,give it a try and after steam deinstall,delete the folders under steam and Documents.
    If ypu got the time for it,it coud solve your issues.