1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nelon Piquet 1991.jpg
    Nelson Piquet 1991

• Like Like x 14
  2. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to modify wheel colours via custom liveries?

Or the banners across the top of windscreens?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

For some cars you can change the wheels colors, The 3 generations of indy, the BMW M1, probably another I dont remember, just check dist.xml to see the commands for it.
    The windscreen banner usually are on the main template for the cars, there is usually also separate template for the internal view of the banner, you can check that also on the dist.xml for each override folder.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks!! So true haha always a safe bet
    You've definitely helped! So much so I have nearly finished replacing all GT4 liveries for each car, or at least roughly started work on them, so thank you very much for the help and inspiration

Here is another wip using chrome and matte... The small merc logos need to be rotated but enjoyed fleshing this one out.
    MATT3.jpg
    I know there are a few packs already out there such as this one by MrBraindown but was really enjoying the GT4's since 1.4 (highly recommend if you haven't driven them for a while, the ai with them.... so much fun) so I thought I'd make one for myself then just carried on... I'll upload them if anyone is interested. All liveries are fictional and loving it so much I will probably have a go at another class of car when finished if work doesn't try to get in the way

• Like Like x 7
  5. SaxOhare

Schumacher 1991 Marketing.jpg
    And his teammate, later in the season. The helmet liveries of Schumacher changed a lot that year, 1991

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Wheel colours are controlled by a BASELIVERY option, but in some cases like the CART cars they do not work or glitch out depending on what BASELIVERY the player has chosen to drive... IE all black wheels if the player is driving a car with black wheels...

Windows have 3 options... In the Mini JCW they are on the BODY file... In the M1 Procars they have a banner file with it's own texture path "WINDSCREEN" and in the Copa Montana it has it's own file for the entire window but this time it's under "WINDSCREEN_NUMBER"...

Always check the _dist.xml for what you can achieve with the car you are looking at...

Awesome work, I'd definitely love to the see the finished pack as I've never followed a GT4 championship I care more about shiny liveries than keeping it real...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Rob - thanks again for the Blender files, but just fyi there is an issue with how the top parts of the CART helmet template align/overlap - what you see in Blender is not what you get in game:
    Boesel_02.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iksmean

iksmean Member

I noticed I cannot use silver or gold wheels with the Swift. Do you have that as well? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I doubt it. Would be nice to have the option for non-black wheels there...

9. SaxOhare

I'll give it a try later, did you use Texture paint in Blender?
    It seems to be the way to get rid of the rimples

detailt.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. jusk

No - I didn't do that. I've been using Gimp as that's what I'm familiar with. Maybe that is a bad idea. Thanks! That Prost lid looks great by the way, as does Piquet.

11. White Oak Racing

White Oak Racing Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance you could attach a copy of a GIMP helmet file - I am trying to figure out how to paint helmets and I'm totally confused!

12. SaxOhare

I just tested, the Indy car helmet UV-map (model Used in Blender) doesn't match the UV-Mapping used in the game, i95
    @Rob Thompson at least the top of the Indy car helmet in game seems different, compared to the model used in Blender. Did you give us the correct blender model version?

• Like Like x 1
  13. jusk

Which part are you stuck at? Do you have the templates from the third post? Once you have, for example - if you open "helmet_80s_wires.psd" in Gimp - you see two layers, the wireframe and a black layer called 'paint here'. Have you got that far?

When you save it in Gimp it will become a .xcf. To get it to work in game you need to export to .dds format, and I think you need to get a plugin for Gimp to do that. Don't think it comes with it by default, but I could be wrong.

14. Scar666

I do wonder what Reiza's stance on the default helmets being released for people to use...

Is it something they'd consider releasing themselves or would they prefer the community do it or do they have some legal reason for keeping them locked up in the game waiting for those with QuickBMS to find them...

I'm not completely sure who to direct that question so I'll copy what others have done and tag @Rob Thompson and hope for a reply...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scar666

It's not just the blender models, it's the template as well...

Here's the wires with the pink showing where it cuts off at the top... It also cuts off on the bottom of the face as well...

CART_helmet_wires_with_fix.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. White Oak Racing

White Oak Racing Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep - got all that. I've done quite a bit of car skins but I can't seem to figure ouy the helmets. I'll keep trying!

• Like Like x 1
  17. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible on one livery to combine the green/red/blue Metallic Baseliveries with Chrome?

Also, does it make any difference if you use the BASELIVERY="Chrome" as opposed to BASELIVERY="Default" - the chrome effect seems to work the same with both?

Finally, is Redmetallic working or does it need to be used in a particular way? When I use it, it makes the car's body become completely transparent. Green and blue both work fine.

18. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could we have the TSI CUP templates?

19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So dunno if this is the right thread to ask, but I downloaded the 1997 f1 skins from RD and I have been unable to prevent duplicate skins, have tried with and without custom AI with no success. I am no XML expert, but I am not seeing anything wrong with either the override or the ai files. So just asking to see if anybody else has downloaded that skin pack, and if its a problem on my end or its just that pack that has that issue, as every other skins I have tried so far work fine. Obviously I am choosing the right amount of opponents, so the issue is not due to that. Thanks in advance!

20. SaxOhare

Did you exclude (delete) the car you drive from the XML file for Custom AI drivers, and choose the AI drivers in the race the same as AI drivers remaining in the XML file(s) ?
    I think that must work

• Agree Agree x 1