1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

What he said. OpenXR Toolkit has all those features

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Hi Sims Alabim,
    TY for the reply. Yesterday I finally got the the FSR from here
    FSR for OpenVR workining. Turned out I had put the files in the wrong folder since with AMS2 it is not the one with the .exe but the x64 directory.:rolleyes:

I also got the Toolkit to work. But after a first look through the setting I enabled the setting "legacy menu" and now I can't see it anymore and also a reset of the settings don't work for me. A reinstall of the Toolkit did not solve the problem.
    If anybody knows in which file the settings from the Toolkit for AMS are saved I would try to delete it. But right now I am happy with the original FSR. I get now solid 90 FPS, except for the first lap, on any track and any condition at day.

3. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey! I'm no expert on this, but how did you reset the settings? If you open the OpenXR Toolkit Companion app, there's an option to enable safe mode. When in safe mode you can press Ctrl+F1+F2+F3 to delete all settings. I'm guessing open Companion app-->enable safe mode-->start up the game-->press Ctrl+F1+F2+F3-->close the game-->untick enable safe mode in Companion app-->start up the game again.

4. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

That is exactly what I tried for about half an hour and then I gave up on it and tried the FSR from NuScorpii. Perhaps it does not work because I use a wireless keyboard and there is a limit of simultaneous buttonpresses? Perhaps I will try with a cabel conection. But I have to dig one up for that.

5. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any possibility to change the view of the desktop mirror image?
    did some stuff over the weekend, especially tried the new Spa 1970 and instantly fell in love with it. So I did a short lap for my youtube channel. As I'm running OpenXR right now, I can't capture the VR output in OBS directly, so I'm left with the mirror image.

Unfortunately (I'm on a widescreen display) in the mirror only barely the top of the car can be seen - speaking of an open wheeler, while in VR I usually have no problem seeing the steering wheel and some cockpit instruments aswell.

Here the video, at about 3 mins when I start driving it's easy to spot.

Would love to "lower" the view more to the ground in the mirror, if that's somehow possible.

6. Willgliang

Willgliang New Member

VR rain benchmark

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Willgliang

Willgliang New Member

VR Sunrise benchmark

8. Willgliang

Willgliang New Member

9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a ring of low detail around the edges of my fov. Spectators and trees and things disappear around the edge of my quest2. Any ideas on how to fix this?

10. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

could it be foveated rendering?

11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It doesnt happen with other sims

12. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

Help, blowing my brains out here,
    What do I need to get FSR upscaling working again >
    1.Openvr_fsr_ ( Which Version Works Quest 2 )
    2 Vrperfkit_
    3. Open XR.

or do i need a combination of the above........

also i remeber that before I had to have some additional files.
    fsr_easu
    fsr_rcas
    Do I still need these ?

See you in the sand trap.................!

13. Adam-80UK

Adam-80UK Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Has there ever been talk of adding support for wide canted displays or whatever? With a Pimax we still need Parallel Projection turned on, which is a huge performance drain. It's not needed in numerous other sims such as AC, ACC, RF2, for example.

14. old hockenheim

old hockenheim New Member

It does with Project Cars 2, MSAA needs to be either off or 8x (high) for FFR to work correctly on Madness engine games.

15. DanStealth

DanStealth New Member

Those playing with the Quest 2, does it matter which monitor I have the game initially running on?
    Like does the ingame resolution matter if playing VR? If i connect my PC to my LG C1, i can get 4K 120hz but if i use my 1080p ultra wide the max refresh is only 75mhz, does the game still run VR at it's native settings or does it use the ingame monitor settings? I've noticed the game still plays on my monitor at the resolution it's set to natively.

16. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The 2 are seperate. Your VR headset will always play at it's native refresh rate/resolution , or whatever you set it to, assuming of course your PC can cope.

17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

VR resolution is different from monitor. In the game settings, "Performance" settings, you want to set resolution to 1080 (that's for your monitor) so it doesn't take up resources on your VR headset. You don't want to set to 4K for monitor because you're not playing game on monitor...so it is a waste of resource if you set to 4K in Performance tab.

18. Cooknn

Cooknn Member

I finally took the time to get OpenXR working on my new PC and spent the last couple days in AMS2, ACC and iRacing. Got all three to be their best in VR. When it comes to overall experience including graphics, driving model and user interface the choice for me is clear. It's AMS2. Solid 90fps with pretty much everything at Ultra or High combined with OpenXR FFR Quality (looking forward to my Varjo Aero w/ eye tracking to make that even better). The cars and tracks are beautiful and the effects are fantastic. The handling / force feedback is incredible as well. Time to stop messing with settings and start racing.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, please send us/me your whole settings. Windows MR and Open Composite and OpenXR settings and verry nice an friendly your AMS2 an iRacing ingame settings.

Thank you. :)

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow looks great. Do you use upscaling tools or is it “standard” AMS2-VR?
    Your VR-rain-test was with formula cars without headlights. Do cars with headlights also tank your VR performance extremely?