Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Kevin_2002

Kevin_2002 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Jacarepaguá historic 2005 oval
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen2
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: returning to pit spawns car inside pit barriers resulting in damaged rear suspension
    Steps to reproduce: Start a session and return to pit

2. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright New Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch Indy
    Car Used: F309
    Applicable Settings: dedicated server with 2 real drivers and 18 ai
    Report: ai drivers skipped checkpoints, leading to them being multiple laps down. In the result files, sector times were 60 seconds instead of the normal 20 or so that they were doing on most laps.
    Steps to reproduce: during every race session

4. Spin

Spin Active Member

2 or 3 of my personal best laptimes in the past day or 2 did not get updated in the Time Trial records list. I was using the Karts - Rental on different variations of the Granja Viana circuit. The lap record does show in my own personal AMS best laps list (in-game) and even shows up during the loading screen when loading the Time Trial session but doesn't actually show up in the public Time Trial records list. Other laps have shown up in the list so it does work sometimes - most of the times - but there's been 2 or 3 times where it didn't work.

Also, VirtualXperience.net is having the same issue. Some of my new best laps have shown up on their site the past day or 2 but others have not even though they show up in AMS itself.

Strange coincidence that both AMS itself and VirtualXperience are both sometimes (not all the time) breaking when it comes to updating their TT records.

5. Rednose58

Rednose58 New Member

I'm using triple 55' screen setup and they wrap around with a FOV of approx 210 degrees.

This causes some of the UI buttons on the top left or top right to be a little behind me. I have to wring my neck to see them.

Also, during replays the Drivers' list is on the far left of the left screen, the replay controls are on top of the left screen and the driver information is partially on the top of the center screen flowing over to the top of the right screen. This is also a similar problem at the end of a Session, where the "Waiting for Host" is in the middle of the right hand screen.

Is it possible to have all UI buttons and information on the center screen like RaceRoom, RF2, ACC, etc.

6. Spin

Spin Active Member

Not sure if this is a bug or some sort of issue with your PC / setup. I have triples and the replay controls are on the bottom of the center screen rather than the top of the left screen.

7. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

After update AMS2 dumped all my wheelbases settings and assignments, which were perfect. did not recognize my wheel input flagging “multiple inputs”. I was able to get a hack to work to get the wheel to work. now the Shifters are recognized when assigned, but in game do not work. Clutch works, but car will not get out of first gear.
    All of the wheel buttons show up in assignments correctly, but do NOT work in game unless I re assign them.

8. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Selecting a Pit Strategy to replace only Rear Tyres, replaces all 4. But at the speed of only replacing 2.

In the V8 Supercar, it usually takes around 16 seconds to replace all 4 tyres.
    I created a Pit Strategy to replace only the rears, which should take around 10 seconds.
    Upon entering the pits, the stop only took 10 seconds, but all 4 tyres were changed. This was replicated by someone else in my MP server.

Track & Layout Used: Jerez Moto
    Car Used: SuperV8
    Applicable Settings: Utilising Pit Strategy to replace only rear tyres
    Report: As Above
    Steps to reproduce: Create a Pit Strategy to replace rear soft slick tyres only (No fuel, Damage). Enter the pits with this strategy selected. All 4 were replaced, but in the time to replace 2.

9. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any Catherham Car.
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: Completley ruined after today's patch. Lost grip totally. Running horrible, like over butter. No FFB at all almost.
    Steps to reproduce: Just drive it on any track.

10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista hasn't been patched for a few years now. If you mean AMS2, better to post in the AMS2 forum. o_O

11. Sesmerov

Sesmerov New Member

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring GP 2020
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Try to race in the circuit
    Report: I can´t race with any car in Nurburgring GP 2020. I didnt edit any of the instalation documents but i have this error and the game close in the circuit loading screen.
    Steps to reproduce: -
    [​IMG]

12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Wrong game section. Also an easy fix. Do a steam file verification. It’ll fix the file corruption.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sesmerov

Sesmerov New Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  14. pcraenme

pcraenme Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrong topic

15. Alex Z

Alex Z New Member

Track & Layout Used: n/a
    Car Used: n/a
    Report: Automobilista does not recognize my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4/PC wheel. While it works perfectly fine with AMS2 with exactly the same configuration (and many other sims). Any of the buttons or steering input just do not register with the game, like the wheel and pedals are unplugged.

Tried to restart the game and hardware, also tried different available wheel profiles and devices (controller, joystick, etc) - no change.

Please help, I can't seem to find a problem.

EDIT: a few weeks later it just fixed "itself" when my pedals decided they want to start working separately from the wheelbase (they were plugged directly to PC but never really had this issue until I made a few PC restarts). Fanatec software is pretty laggy... Glad it worked, it's an awesome sim!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Formula Retro Gen 3 Turbo
    Game Build: V1.4.3.3.2213.AVX
    Report: Left front tire tread and carcass animations move in opposite directions. It's just a slight visual bug that's been around for several update cycles.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if any bug reports are looked at these days for AMS1, but I found a simple one which could be fixed in a minute and makes a big difference.

Car Used: Mini Challenge
    Applicable Settings:
    n/a
    Game Build: latest
    Report:
    The talent file is named wrongly in the SRS file (REIZA04.srs), so the drivers do not use the talent files at all.
    It is currently named DriversDir=GAMEDATA\TALENT\MINI\, when it should actually be named DriversDir=GAMEDATA\TALENT\Mini_Challenge\

Is it possible to do a quick correction for anyone that is still enjoying these great cars in AMS1?

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

mods please delete

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wrong forum, but this issue is known and has already been reported in the AMS 2 bug thread. Thanks, though!

20. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, it's the old AMS ... I see. :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 1