1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

McLaren Senna will be in the game for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

It would be good if you made the pits shared it's very out of context SPA 1970 with 22 cars is kind of pathetic. Endurance with 32 cars is pathetic it would be nice if the pits were shared. so 32 goes up to 64 , 22 goes up to 44 .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I completely agree...

Maybe in 5 years when MP works as good or better than sims from over a decade ago and the SP experience is at a point Reiza is happy with after all the additions and off road features are fleshed out...

I like snowy rally stages despite their difficulty... I really do not want Reiza wasting time on this weather occurrence for track racing... Because snow is instant red flag and therefore not worthy of being in a race track simulation...

I think the level of snow detail currently in the game on the background during winter is perfect...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Snow in parts of the circuit is actually a annual thing in every late march/early April NLS run on the Nordschleife. Basically every year at some Some point during the race it will start to snow somewhere there.

5. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the idea, though the Bugatti doesn't feel like a "AMS 2" car. My picks (judging off of Reiza's strongest brand relationships) are the McLaren Senna, Mercedes AMG-one, and Brabham BT62.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

and the other places in the world where it also snows.. despite what many might think..

823bce3b3d17bb1bdba69545f8c12fd3.jpg
    r0_0_960_542_w960_h542_fmax.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Honestly, outside of the most major events, 32 is a perfectly respectable field, like the usual 1000km/6 hour races that make up the bulk of endurance events, for example the 1970 1000km of Spa only had 35 cars start. So I would agree on fitting more cars at some of the vintage tracks, but 32 isn't awful for a maxmimum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Real cars only please

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Scar666

I can't remember the last time I saw a 12 hour or 1000 with snow on the track... Oh wait they purposely race when it doesn't have a chance to snow...

All this talk about snow... Anyone remember that F1 race at Spa with snow? What a thrilling few hours that was...

Cancelled or postponed races is the normal thing that happens when it snows... I only know of the one WEC race where they continued despite snow... So it's extremely rare to see track racing cars compete on a snowy surface... Most of the time it's demos with specially modified cars and tyres...

Until we have a rally or rallycross car we will not have a car in the game, outside of maybe the road legal class or the Lancers, that would be able to be taken as is onto a snowy track surface without needing a physics overhaul.. It's a lot more work than simply adding a low downforce variant is...

All the time and effort put into making snow work as intended will take longer than fixing the AI or fixing the MP... And then there will be extra levels to work on the AI side to get it to work right in those conditions...

10. Scar666

It really depends on the track and race you are trying to reproduce...

Even an Indy 500 doesn't have enough cars/grid slots... Especially in Gen 1...

32 isn't awful for a lot of series, but there are quite a few where more grid slots and pit slots would greatly help create the atmosphere of the race you are trying to reproduce...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

lovely snow..

i hope snow options to AMS2 someday. i think they can do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm usually all about for options for everyone, but snow in circuits should be in last place in the list of priorities if it's planned at all, in the Adrenaline pack it would be fine though.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the game would be broken if it didn't have thunderstorms; if they were missing I'd be perfectly fine with that too. A lot more notable races in history have taken place in storms than in covered snow though and AMS2 covers a big history; cancelling for thunderstorms is a relatively recent thing I believe.

And that's of no interest to me personally either; I'd rather they spent the time improving existing game modes (which they are doing a great job of) rather than adding new stuff like that or rallycross. Note that this is my personal opinion that I'm explaining, I don't begrudge you having a different one.

Oh, some people's 'gimmick' is another's 'immersion' or 'cool feature' - I guess it depends what interests each person! As I say, for me I'd rather they spent the resources on other stuff, I respect the opposite point of view. The tunnel in Cleveland though, I think that was a very good piece of marketing as that bumped the game all over social channels when it was discovered and really advertised the new content well. My guess is that that would be less effort to do something like that (very few bits of texture work, no AI or programming requirement) than implement snowy surfaces on all relevant tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

With this talk of snow the 1967 Eifelrennen, the F2 race at the Nürburgring in late April was run in properly snowy conditions, although the 1985 running was cancelled due to snow, so at some point it stopped being acceptable to race when so snowy you can see the tyre tracks of the car ahead.

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza explained that for now there is no car that can take advantage of that since there are no cars with proper tires and physics that would be seriously meant to negotiate snow so they removed it from track.
    I would assume that once they develop the dirt/off-road component of the game they may decide to reinstate it, but that was the official reason

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. Before going to 64 cars, let's make 32 work flawless.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Seems like they will only implement it when the adrenaline pack arrives

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Probably when the use of tires without grooved treads became the norm for race cars...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Any race ever occurred there when there was snow on the track? Are there any races scheduled for the time of year when snow is a possibility?